Share your tips & tricks for life here, or help share your goals.

Star's Journal

Moderator: Ryvvi

Star's Journal

Postby star2000shadow » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:03 am

Didn't know what forum to put this in so i went for the spam one, I figure this way if i did chose wrong ..at least tis somewhere i can post frequently, which i sometimes do cause I'm not all that interesting so hardly expect a lot of other posters. so the spam area seems good. though this really ISN'T a spam thread its more of a 'star wants to complain and or celebrate her life or just talk about whats going on in it so she needs her own thread where she can post often to do so' Anyways one of the reasons this month I've been so inactive is i fell 12th of April, so, from the point of this post, about friday afternoon, at elast that's when i fell, anyways my back didnt' start hurting until after the little girl we'd baby sat for two days went home, that late afternoon, last evening I tried to stand up and my lower back spasmned, good thign i was on my bed when i fell back or I probably would of ended up on the floor. once the muscles stopped jumping around i could stand up again but still it HURT.

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:11 am

Re: Star's Journal

Postby Polaris » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:08 am

Are you ok?! Have you gone to the doctor and checked out your back? Maybe you're spasming because you hit a nerve when you fell, and it wasn't until 2 days later that the tension built up so much stress you spasmed. Perhaps the muscles was pulled, ehh I don't know.

Make sure, if you haven't yet, to go and get it checked out!! Hope you feel better soon, Star

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:11 am

Quest Thread

"Smile at me when you see this flower later..."

Image(click for artist)

Postby star2000shadow » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:32 am

I'll make an appointment after my worker comes and picks me up, thanks for the concern Polaris, today I'll be hopefully picking up my prescription of IBPROFEN so it'll help the pain, My sister mary keeps calling and bugging me for some of them..but seriously I need them. jsut becauase msot of the pain in my back has died down does not mean it's gone completely and i nee dto do more walkign now that its warmer and the snow and ice have gone .. well okay it sstill cold but the snow and ice HAVE gone so i can now walk places which means im gonna be sore as heck for a few months.. but still..

Postby Diana » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:21 am

I think Hinterland would be the perfect place for this thread. I will move it!

Eep! You've got to be really careful about your back! I'm glad you are going to the doctor. I knew someone who had similar symptoms to you- she had just stepped off a curb wrong and fell down, and when she finally went to the doctor he said her back was broken. D: You should take it easy walking around until you get looked at. Definitely don't carry anything heavy. I hope you've got nothing serious going on! Keep us posted. :)

Site Admin

Postby galled » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:13 am

Sorry to hear about your back problems. It's still debilitating and my heart goes out to you. You really don't appreciate how much you use your back until you hurt it!

Ibuprofen is good, as is Naproxen. Actually, I prefer the latter as Ibuprofen has been linked to some side effects. Anyway, you may not realize this, but you can get them over the counter albeit in lower dosages than the prescription versions. You could get the same effect if you just too equal amounts (as in the active ingredient--NOT the number of pills) of the (usually cheaper) over the counter versions. Just something to keep in mind if you run short.

Hope you feel better soon!

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby star2000shadow » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:15 am

oh i do, i used to always BE in back pain its only been recently that I've been able to move around freely with out having to be tensed for on coming pain. so I am NOT enjoying having that feeling back 'sigh'.

I do have them over the counter they dont' really work in the smaller ones I take to many of them to be safe.
....huh i didn't know that.. well i don't actually go through them that fast, mostly i reach for the msaller ones, i only take the bigger oens when my backs like it is now and the smaller oens jsut don't work. and thanks I hope i do to haha.

Postby star2000shadow » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:17 am

Diana wrote:I think Hinterland would be the perfect place for this thread. I will move it!

Eep! You've got to be really careful about your back! I'm glad you are going to the doctor. I knew someone who had similar symptoms to you- she had just stepped off a curb wrong and fell down, and when she finally went to the doctor he said her back was broken. D: You should take it easy walking around until you get looked at. Definitely don't carry anything heavy. I hope you've got nothing serious going on! Keep us posted. :)

I'll try and keep you posted, I see a doctor wensday I'll ask them to look at my back while I'm there..I'm getting new leg compression wraps for my legs.. cause one of my older oens broke so i have to get both repaired..replaced oi. that adn they where starting to not stick anyways.. i guess that's what happens with three years of beign used..

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:15 pm

<sends you more hugs> as yo probably know then, since you've had back problems before, rest and icing (20 minutes on/off) and an inflammatory. Hopefully it is just a sprain and no fractures or broken or crushed etc. Looking at 2 weeks for recovery, take it easy and ask the doctor about physical therapy for later or if they think a chiropractor adjustment will help.

Postby star2000shadow » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:52 pm

I might, its starting to work better now that i've been taking it easy i sti up for a hour to half at the computer, then go in my room and lay down with my ice pack near th elower part of my back and read, it helps having my legs up like my doctors told me cause it takes some strain off the lower back for some reason, though personally i'd think having my legs up would make it worse..doesn't for some reason 'shrugs' at least i do not have my old bed, the bedframe was broken in half on the old one, and it left me with debilitating back pain for like years..but at the time i didn't have money for a new bed so i suffered.. or slept in my recliner when i got one..

Postby Gingerale » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:56 pm

I actually heard of people with back problems that slept in recliners instead of beds so maybe that did help you?

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:11 am

Postby star2000shadow » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:59 pm

oh it did what helped even more was i got a new bed, that had pillowign on one side of the matress, then i bought a sheet, water proof because at the time i could sometimes not move fast enough when i had to go, an d it had pillowing to which i put on the bed, and the double pillowing on top, actually helped so much that i was able to move around, this is the first time in three eyars, that I'v ehad any MAJOR back pain. sure I've hurt from over exhertion..i kinda nejoy being able to move around easier now..i think that's why im noticing it so much NOW is because i've been without back pain for so long..when i was a teen i ALWAYS had back pain, it woudl get so bad I'd ahve to stay home from school because i coudln't straighten up..

Postby Gingerale » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:06 pm

I am so sad you have had back pain for so long! When I was about ten I had bad back pain from a kidney infection and that was not fun at all but once it was cleared up the pain went away. I knew someone with really bad scoliosis as a teen and she had lots of back pain so that she had surgery where they put a rod in her back I think. We forget how much we should be grateful for in our health until we end up suffering.

I hope you recover quickly from this set back.

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:11 am

Postby star2000shadow » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:08 pm

I have Scoliosis, but they never caught it in time to correct it so i have a lump, slight though it is, on my back from where m y spine curves.. its one of hte reasons i have back pain.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:42 pm

I saw an article where core strengthening yoga straightened out this 85 year old ladies back - "how she got rid of her hump" http://nypost.com/2016/08/08/this-85-ye ... you-young/ maybe some exercise like this would help with the muscle pain from the scoliosis?

Postby star2000shadow » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:44 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:I saw an article where core strengthening yoga straightened out this 85 year old ladies back - "how she got rid of her hump" http://nypost.com/2016/08/08/this-85-ye ... you-young/ maybe some exercise like this would help with the muscle pain from the scoliosis?

gotta lose the weight ih ave first so i can do it. so far its a struggle, its not the only issue i have 'shrugs'

Next

Return to Lifestyle & Health