Comments and suggestions to improve the site.

tips and catalogues!

tips and catalogues!

Postby murmurlade » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:34 am

Just some small suggestions C:

Tipping posts! 99% of the time I don't really have anything to reply and end the conversation, a tip usually does the trick. It could possibly be made more windlyn-esque.. like.. maybe pats on the back or something.. I have no idea....

Catalog.. sorry ;w; )b I know there's already a wiki and it's amazing, but an item catalog in the actual site would be the absolute best thing ever.

ok im done here *rolls off to bed*

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 4:06 pm

----------------------------------------
taugeeee @ twitter / deviantart / gaia
currently: questing bubble wings

always semi-hiatus due to work
please ping me if you want a reply.
----------------------------------------

Re: tips and catalogues!

Postby Maro » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:44 am

Oooo I like both of those ideas!

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 5:36 am

Art by - ciel

Postby galled » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:31 pm

Re: Idea 1 - do you mean like a "Like" button?

Re: Idea 2 - Great idea, but a HUGE amount of work. Ryvvi has been working on the wiki item guide, but there are sooo many items already and new ones coming out on a regular basis that it's very difficult to keep up. I'm not saying it shouldn't be done, it should, and the sooner it's done, the smaller the mountain will be, but it would probably take a team of people who can code to get something like that made. Perhaps when we grow some more we'll find people interested enough with the skills and time to make it a reality.

Great suggestions, tho and much appreciated!

Server Administrator

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 1:06 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:40 pm

Well, I had already typed this so am just going to submit, but thanks for answering one of the questions Galled.

A catalogue would be nice but not sure how much work that would involve and would that take away time from admin doing events and new items? Not everybody buys extra sets and I think that is the only way to get past items, which if anyone has available then they are generally listed in the yard sale.

Murr: what do you mean by tipping posts? I'm confused.

Postby Akuyi » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:44 pm

+1 for an item catalog. :strain:

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 9:06 am

Questing with my trusty steed Oculus in the lands of Vee-Ar.

Postby Diana » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:01 pm

murmurlade wrote:Tipping posts! 99% of the time I don't really have anything to reply and end the conversation, a tip usually does the trick. It could possibly be made more windlyn-esque.. like.. maybe pats on the back or something.. I have no idea....

We have a donation button on every post profile (the little mini profile that shows you which user said something in the forums)! You can tip the user by clicking it and adding however many feathers you want. :)

murmurlade wrote:Catalog.. sorry ;w; )b I know there's already a wiki and it's amazing, but an item catalog in the actual site would be the absolute best thing ever.

Galled already explained part of it, but there's a ton of other reasons this is getting put off. Adding an item catalog that holds all the items is extra work because I have to go through and add every item to it-- or hide the items that are secrets for the time being. There are also items that exist (like my hair and face) that normal users cannot get.
Ryvvi's been awesome and started putting up items (with information on the events they came from) on the wikia. It's a big job, there's a lot of items here. But the wikia is public to edit. If anyone wants to help out and get that filled out, we can get it done and keep it up to date faster.

Thanks for the suggestions~

Site Admin

Postby murmurlade » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:26 pm

galled Oh. That was the word I was looking for... right. Thanks for explaining!

Lemon Cheesecake Like galled said, more of like a liking posts kind of thing. :)

Diana I see ^v^ ) I don't have alot of items, but I'll try to help out too. Aside from the Lazarus, will the regular shop items ever be taken away?

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 4:06 pm

Postby Diana » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:34 pm

for now Ill say no, they wont. I may temporarily take them out to rearrange the shops, but I will tentatively say the items in the regular feather shops will stick around forever

Site Admin

Postby Maro » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:16 am

when i get a chance i can try and help out with the wiki diana ^^

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 5:36 am

Return to Site Feedback