Comments and suggestions to improve the site.

[✔] Reset Avatar Button in Shops?

[✔] Reset Avatar Button in Shops?

Postby Akuyi » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:59 pm

Could we have a reset button for the avatar preview in shops? Like, so it will reset your preview to what you are currently wearing so you don't have to refresh the page all the time.

I have refresh times of about 8 seconds, so this is a real issue for me. :strain:

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 8:25 am

Questing with my trusty steed Oculus in the lands of Vee-Ar.

Re: Reset Avatar Button in Shops?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:11 pm

I went to the shops to try and see what you mean... if I "remove all" so that I can try on the new stuff and I want to reset back to what my avatar was originally wearing, if I click on the shop icon again it resets it to what I had on and puts me back into the same shop (if that is what I chose). I can remove again and then press the shop icon to reset to my pre existing outfit.
However, generally I leave what I have on and just "try" on what item I want with my existing outfit. Then click on the icon of that outfit on the bottom to remove that item and try on something else but still maintain my pre existing outfit.

Is that what you meant?

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 12:25 am

Postby Akuyi » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:18 pm

That's what I meant with refreshing. xD

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:36 pm

oh. Guess I don't really understand though, wouldn't resetting it be the same as refreshing?

Postby galled » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:54 pm

I'm not sure I understand either. You can click the remove all button to remove anything you're trying on. If you want to go back to what you had previously before trying stuff on, you can refresh the page by the usual methods via your browser (or press F5). Is that what you mean?

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Akuyi » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:38 pm

Well, my point was:
* Resetting your avatar is a feature. It should be available as such without having to refresh the whole page and
* I am mainly bothered by it because refreshing the page takes very long for me.

The remove all button is nice, but it removes even the face and hair and I can't really tell what items will look like on my avatar then. I'm sorry if my suggestion sounds stupid. :(

Postby Diana » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:40 pm

I think that a reset button is do-able. We already have the logic set up from the page refresh, as you said. I'll add putting in a button to my To-Do list. Thanks for the suggestion!

Site Admin

Postby Akuyi » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:47 pm

Naw, thanks for considering it! :cheer:

Postby Diana » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:50 pm

I started putting in a button for reseting your avatar. It is not 100% yet, I had to pop out, I'll fix it up and make it pretty soon! :)

It works, its just a little crude right now. Like the other previews, it is browser dependant right now.

Site Admin

Postby Akuyi » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:39 am

Hm, it doesn't really do anything for me. :O

Works in Chrome, but not in FF for me.

Return to Site Feedback