Comments and suggestions to improve the site.

[✔] Notifications for Trades and Mentions

[✔] Notifications for Trades and Mentions

Postby Akuyi » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:28 am

Okay, one is more of a question and the other a feature request, but I didn't want to make two threads. :strain:

I noticed that there is a button in the side pane that informs you about trade updates. Why do we additionally receive a pm about it?

And could we also have a button like that for mentions? It would be cool if it would take you directly to the mention or to some kind of page where you see all (new?) mentions you received and where you can can just click on them to get to the topic. I feel like this would make mentions a lot easier to use!

Local time: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:53 pm

Questing with my trusty steed Oculus in the lands of Vee-Ar.

Re: Notifications for Trades and Mentions

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:10 am

The email for the mention has a link to the thread you were mentioned in.

I am guessing the pm is because sometimes the person sending the trade also sends a message sometimes so there's the pm.

Local time: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:53 am

Postby Akuyi » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:00 am

Ah, yeah, that makes sense.

And I know about the link in the mail, I was just thinking it would be quicker that way. But maybe I'm not describing it very well. :/

Postby Diana » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:42 pm

The mentions system is old, it was a mod for the initial installation of phpbb. A universal notifications center is already on the todo list for Beta! I wrote the trade system myself, so it is a little better. You get PM for trades because users can include messages to you with the PM, and also to serve as history for you. It was a feature suggestion we went with, on the premise that many users will look at a notification and respond later, and the PM is a concrete reminder to respond. C:

Site Admin

Local time: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:53 am

Postby Akuyi » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:53 am

Well, I don't know about how much it helps as a trade history since you have to empty your inbox every 100 messages anyway (and I get a lot of messages xD). I would prefer the trade message (if there is one) to be displayed somewhere in the trade, but I can see how people would like to get this sort of reminder.

Nice to hear about the mentions system updates! :O

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:33 am

There is a trade history when you go to the trade center.

Local time: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:53 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:32 pm

I know I can see who I gifted if I click on "gift" under "trade" on the tool bar above.

I don't empty all my PM's at once...you can designate which ones to delete

Local time: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:53 am

Return to Site Feedback