Comments and suggestions to improve the site.

Trading Talk

How many times do you want to authenticate in a trade?

Never!
8%
Only once per user!
54%
Between every step!
38%

Total votes : 13

Trading Talk

Postby Diana » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:17 pm

Hey winners,
It's about time to bring yall in on the discussion about trading.

So far the idea is:
[+] SPOILER
1 : We will have a trading station, where you (user A) will go, pick a recipient (user B), and add items/points.
2 : User B will get a notification on A's sending the trade, and will go add their half of the trade.
3: A gets a notification on B's sending the trade back -- They can then either
    Accept: which closes the trade and distributes the items and points
    Decline: which closes the trade and does not distribute any items or points
    Edit: which starts the trade over again at step 1

Or in lime's user-friendly condensed explanation:
[+] SPOILER
Pick my person, fill with items/currency, hit send
They get it, look it over, fill with their items
Confirmation on both parties
Done~

After the trade is complete, I'll make up some sort of "trading history" page.

Here's where your input comes in!
- How many previous/closed trades would you prefer to see? last ten (or five, or some other number), or all of them?
    - Only completed trades, or canceled ones too?
- Like the poll asks, how many times do you want to authenticate with your password throughout the whole trade?

Anything else you'd like to see from our trading system?

Site Admin

Local time: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:24 am

Re: Trading Talk

Postby MystMist » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:57 am

Well i like to see at least 10 maybe more closed trades, 5 is too few.
But maybe it's more reasonable to show trades made up to a certain time in the past like 3 months or 6?
I mostly care about the completed trades so i when i feel like it i can write down what i traded for what.
But one authentication on each site is ok for me as long as you can see the other sides offer before authenticating.
And as i said before i would like to see that we can trade not only feathers in a trade but wings too.

Local time: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:24 am

Postby Lime » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:15 pm

Even though I'm an admin, I'll put in my opinion here anyways! :) I'm still a user, too!

Because of other sites, I like to see all of my transaction history. And sometimes it's fun going through old trades. I dunno if that's just me, but I like it. I would at least like to see the last 10+, or have it be the last 6 months or something.

I'd also like completed and canceled trades.

------------------

On a side note, with the Wings thing, Diana and I will have to work that out, so I don't want to make assumptions without us discussing it. :) But it will definitely be mentioned at least.

Local time: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:24 am

:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:
it's good to be back
if you see me here and there
feel free to say hey
:wink:
- A Lime Haiku
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby MystMist » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:19 pm

Btw are some of the items you two wear your personal items that won't appear in shops?

Postby Lime » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:07 pm

MystMist wrote:Btw are some of the items you two wear your personal items that won't appear in shops?

Right, sorry. I replied this indirectly in another thread before I saw this one, lol.

Yeah, our hair + face for each of us is different than anyone else's. We wanted something that would held identify us a little more uniquely without it being overboard, so people can tell who we are fairly quickly. :)

Diana and I joked about in the future having a "Lime Set" and a "Diana Set" for the exclusive items we have, but in different colours. It's a funny thought, at least.

Postby MystMist » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:18 pm

*eyes the exclusive items greedily and plans a grand heist to get them*
Hmmmm.......i wonder if i can recruit the shop owners to my cause.........

Postby Lime » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:27 pm

Haha yeah, but we'll see! So don't get your hopes up for those! These are exclusive right now, not limited. ;)

Although this thread IS for talking specifically about trades and such, since it's site feedback! So feel free to bug me about this in another thread. :P

Postby Ryvvi » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:21 pm

i like being able to see all my trades as well :) mostly because i always forget how much ive sold an item for and i like just going back through everything and checking whether i made the right choice etc

Local time: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:24 pm

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby Zombie Bunny » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:41 am

Yeah, If you see your trades you can keep everything consistent, possible keep all of them but you have to do something special to see more than 10 maybe?

Image Image Image

Postby Ghost » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:33 pm

I think both sides should need to confirm.

I send you a trade with my items, you add your items and send back, I confirm, then you confirm. Just so the second user gets to double check everything is right before fully accepting. ^_^

Also I agree 10+ for history.

ImageImage
Nibbly wants a sacrifice
Wiggly wants his wrath
We dance around the pentagram
And take all our kingdoms back

Postby Mousy » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:13 pm

I like to see all of the trades completed and canceled.
Once I had a situation on another site where a user had me hold onto his stuff and when I gave it back, he accused me of not giving it all back. Luckily, I had the trade history to look back on and prove that I had given it all back and he could go back through his trades and see the same thing. I liked having the proof to cover my behind. XD

Local time: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:24 am

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby Diana » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:35 am

So far it looks like we want to see 10 "history trades," both completed and canceled, and do something special to see the rest of them.

We also want to have users confirm once each, so it goes: A -> B with items, B -> A with items, A -> confirmation, B->A confirmation + completes the trade.

Here's some more questions I thought of today:
    Should we limit the number of active/open trades allowed at one time? Or set an expiration time or something like it?
    Should you be able to send a message (text) with your trade?
    I'm thinking trades should be listed as <with username> ....... <date> Should the date be when the trade was started, or the last time any action was taken? I am leaning towards last time an action was taken.
    For history-- Would you like it if I made tabs such as: last 10 completed trades (click to see more of course), and last 10 canceled trades (again, click to see more)

Site Admin

Postby Zombie Bunny » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:37 pm

I think messages would be nice. So you could ask the person for something, like an offer. Probably should set a time frame on it, maybe it only starts after the person has seen it tho? It would suck if you were offline a few days an came back to an expired trade offer

Postby Mousy » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:37 pm

I wrote up this whole response and then my cat deleted it because she wanted to stand on my keyboard and bite my arms instead of sitting and purring in my lap. She's an angel. -___-

Anyway, I'm not typing it all again so here is the short version-
text- yes
trade expiration- yes

Question-
Would you have just 1 item trades or multiple items?
Would it have a limit, if so what would it be?

Local time: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:24 am

Postby Zombie Bunny » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:57 pm

Mousy wrote:I wrote up this whole response and then my cat deleted it because she wanted to stand on my keyboard and bite my arms instead of sitting and purring in my lap. She's an angel. -___-

Anyway, I'm not typing it all again so here is the short version-
text- yes
trade expiration- yes

Question-
Would you have just 1 item trades or multiple items?
Would it have a limit, if so what would it be?

Speaking of cats. I just got two today! :DDDDDD I've already noticed the standing on keyboard bit... totally worth it.

Next

Return to Site Feedback