Comments and suggestions to improve the site.

Trading Talk

How many times do you want to authenticate in a trade?

Never!
8%
Only once per user!
54%
Between every step!
38%

Total votes : 13

Re: Trading Talk

Postby Diana » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:16 pm

Would you have just 1 item trades or multiple items?
Would it have a limit, if so what would it be?

The other questions I meant to ask, but totally forgot when I got online.

I think multiple item trades would be the best. I could limit it to something like ten, or I think I could make it so there's no (concrete) limit. What would you guys prefer?

Site Admin

Local time: Mon May 06, 2024 2:35 pm

Postby Lime » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:18 am

Prepare for a long response! I'm going to throw my two cents in, or my personal opinion. :) I don't know if anybody else agrees, but it's a thought.

Diana wrote:So far it looks like we want to see 10 "history trades," both completed and canceled, and do something special to see the rest of them.

We also want to have users confirm once each, so it goes: A -> B with items, B -> A with items, A -> confirmation, B->A confirmation + completes the trade.

I totally agree wit this. ^ "Something special," could just be like a button to reveal more of them or something. Whichever.

Diana wrote:Should we limit the number of active/open trades allowed at one time? Or set an expiration time or something like it?

Limiting them may be a good idea, but maybe not. I'm also thinking from an art selling perspective, so having a limited amount of trades might make it difficult when you're keeping track of things, and you want someone to send a trade to "hold" their spot or something and they can't. Unless it was a decent amount. Like 10-15 open at a time? Nobody should ever hit that limit, but if they do, at least they'll stop it.

Also for expiration I don't like the idea of trades expiring at all. That's one thing I'm pretty solid on. On other sites I get so busy that I take hiatuses every so often, and nothing is more irritating than trying to complete a trade and playing trading-tag with someone who's got a similar situation.

Diana wrote:Should you be able to send a message (text) with your trade?

I also like this. Or a subject title too, I'd like that. That way you know what the trade is for. But I definitely like the idea of having a message with a trade.

Diana wrote:I'm thinking trades should be listed as <with username> ....... <date> Should the date be when the trade was started, or the last time any action was taken? I am leaning towards last time an action was taken.

Yeah, dates would be great. This also makes my job easier when people need help! Although, hm.. I think the last time an action was taken. Since trades could be created quite a while in advance. So latest action, for sure. At least I think so.

Diana wrote: For history-- Would you like it if I made tabs such as: last 10 completed trades (click to see more of course), and last 10 canceled trades (again, click to see more)

Hmm, that would be cool. It sounds like a lot of effort though. We could just do like.. Have a list sort of:

Username || Date -- COMPLETED
Username || Date -- COMPLETED
Username || Date -- CANCELED

etc. With green and red fonts respectively? Unless people want it more segregated than that, but I can't imagine people canceling trades over and over again too much..

Diana wrote:Would you have just 1 item trades or multiple items?
Would it have a limit, if so what would it be?

I think multiple, and making it a decent amount. Gaia has 12 items per trade for example, but it always frustrated me because it was never enough! Especially if I was transferring items between mules, or giving lots of items back and forth between my sister and I since we shared items. So if there is a limit (which there probably should be at least some kind of one..) then maybe like.. 20 items? That seems fair.

Aaaand I think that's it! Phew!

Local time: Mon May 06, 2024 5:35 pm

:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:
it's good to be back
if you see me here and there
feel free to say hey
:wink:
- A Lime Haiku
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Diana » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:20 am

Thus far:

We want to see at least 10 "history trades" at any given time, both completed and canceled, and do something special to see the rest of them.

Trades (completed and current) will be listed in a hub with the trading partner's name, the date of the last action, and the status of the trade.

We also want to have users confirm once each, so it goes: A -> B with items, B -> A with items, A -> confirmation, B->A confirmation + completes the trade. Cancelling can happen at any point in this, whether it is the user's action or not.
    And just to let you know: When you add an item to a trade, and the trade is in an "open" state, the items/currency you added will be temporarily removed from your account (they basically go into limbo) and upon completion or cancellation of the trade, they will be re/added to the proper account. But basically, you won't be able to use the items or money you are trading until it has been finished.

Moving on....

We still never decided on some things:
    Ending the trade
      Would it be fine if it goes a add items->b add items->a confirms, items distributed? Trade partner B will see all the items together either way, so I think it's fine...
    Limits:
      What do you find to be an appropriate character limit in messages? Is 255 enough for you guys?
      I might be able to work out having no-max items-- you could add as many as you want. If this doesn't work out, how many total items would you like to be able to add?
      Open Trades:
        Should trades expire (status will change to "cancelled") after a long time? Such as a week, two weeks, a month, or so?
        Should there be a max limit on the number of trades you can have open at any given time? Such as 10?
      Where would you like to see the messages that go with the trade? In a PM? On the trade page somewhere (I'm thinking at the bottom)?

A big thank you to everyone who's provided feedback so far! I want to make sure the system is something we are all happy with. Please keep it up! C:

Site Admin

Postby Ryvvi » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:28 am

HOK
Authentication: uhh before we send the first bit then again after we've both viewed what items we're trading, and then again if anything is changed

Limits: sheesh i never use those things but 255 sounds like more than enough

Open Trades: 10 sounds good :) and maybe like.. 2-4 weeks? before expiry :/ maybe being able to manually decide how long until it expires?

Messages: Both? sometimes i wont check trades for aaages and then i would miss stuff~

Local time: Tue May 07, 2024 8:35 am

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby Diana » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:50 pm

Bump!

Hey Winners,
Can we get some more input on the things I mentioned here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=193&p=6192#p6192 ?

Site Admin

Postby Turtle Sensei » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:52 pm

As a new user who missed out on the Halloween items I would love a trading system!

Postby Mousy » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:58 pm

Ending the trade sounds good!
At that last part of the trade with person A- would person A be able to add or take away something at that step or if that happens would person B then have to confirm and then person A confirm again?
sorry if that's confusing. let me know if I need to try again. XD

I think 255 is more than enough. I feel like most trade comments will say _____ for _____ anyway. No need to write a novel for a trade.

Item-Max- I would get so frustrated with the 12 max on Gaia. Especially if I was moving stuff to mules. Would 20 be too much?

Trade Expiration- I like the idea of an expiration on a trade. Waiting is the worst, but I think a month is reasonable.

Max amount of trades- is there any way that could be unlimited? or could there potentially be abuse if it were?

Local time: Mon May 06, 2024 3:35 pm

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby Diana » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:10 pm

Turtle Sensei wrote:As a new user who missed out on the Halloween items I would love a trading system!

Yup! As the developer, who has been sitting around thinking about this for so long, I would love some fresh feedback on some of the features of it. ;)

Mousy wrote:Ending the trade sounds good!
At that last part of the trade with person A- would person A be able to add or take away something at that step or if that happens would person B then have to confirm and then person A confirm again?
sorry if that's confusing. let me know if I need to try again. XD

At first I was thinking that at any point, the users would be able to go and add/remove items again (basically starting the trade over at the first step,) but I'm not really sure if I want to deal with that many cases yet. I think person A will add their items (they wont be able to change them after they send to person B) and then B will add their items (same thing, or they can reject here) and then A can confirm or reject (unable to add or remove any of the items). If they decide they want to trade for more/less/different items, they'll start a whole new trade.

Mousy wrote: Item-Max- I would get so frustrated with the 12 max on Gaia. Especially if I was moving stuff to mules. Would 20 be too much?

I don't think so. That's what I'm trying to get feedback on how much you'd like to trade at once-- what do you guys think is too much? I cooooouuuuuuld make it so that there isn't a limit, but I worry that might get abused.

Mousy wrote:Max amount of trades- is there any way that could be unlimited? or could there potentially be abuse if it were?

I'm not sure about the abuse on this, I was more worried about how it'd look all laid out. haha.

Site Admin

Postby Turtle Sensei » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:38 pm

I think that there should be a limit. Maybe 20 items as has already been suggested? And in like the idea of a message between users. That way I could label art trades! It'd make things a lot less confusing!

Postby Miss Dreavus » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:44 am

Hmm. I don't think 20 items per trade is bad. I think it's more than enough but why do we need to put limit on trades? o x o

Local time: Tue May 07, 2024 5:35 am

Hi! I'm Dreavus, your resident pokeman chick. I love making friends so feel free to add me <3

Postby Turtle Sensei » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:45 am

A limit would be good just in case your account is hacked maybe? I had mine hacked on Gaia once and lost a ton of items. That's why they put a trade limit I think?

Postby Miss Dreavus » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:49 am

o A o I didn't thought of that. My accounts haven't been hacked but yes, for security purposes that would be good. o x o

Postby Turtle Sensei » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:50 am

Or for stoners that maybe forget what they added lol?

Postby Miss Dreavus » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:57 am

Lol. That would be a good reason for it too. XDD

Postby Turtle Sensei » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:00 am

Lol. Just saying. My husband and I are on medicinal marijuana and sometimes I don't remember trades. Although I'm also naturally ditzy

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback