Comments and suggestions to improve the site.

Site Activity

Site Activity

Postby Hero » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:16 pm

Where exactly is the site activity? Most posts from last responses date back to even April, very few have recent posts.

This site has a lot of potential & the work done is very commendable but I've logged on and off a few times and notice there's barely any activity.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:44 am

:grin_wink: Hi, the name is Hero!

Re: Site Activity

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:51 pm

maybe because others like you just log on and off or go fishing, play games or quest? :wink:

I'd be happy if you posted more, Hero!! :grin:

I think everyone just has busy lives too, most people work or are students and have other committments... but regardless of how long its been since someone posts, we are always excited when they do!

Local time: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:44 pm

Postby galled » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:05 pm

That's a good question. I think there are a few active threads and the rest just linger. My guess is that's pretty common on forums.

Windlyn is my first avi site (there's so much more here that I'm not sure it fits that label as well anymore), so I don't have any experience to draw upon regarding any what's and/or why's. I'd appreciate any insights--I was lost in HS as to why some things were more popular than others so I may just be clueless in these areas.

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby mdom » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:22 pm

The Games Forum is the most active, if I had to guess |D

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:44 am

by Valentine Strange

Postby Akuyi » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:59 am

I've observed that most users are only really active during events. Maybe there's just not much to do outside of events. I for example am not so talkative that just the forums would keep me here and the mini games are not diverse enough to keep me entertained either. What keeps me addicted are the avatars and events, so you'll find me here whenever there's an event or new items!

What keeps me on Rec is mainly roleplaying, but I'm also a huge fan of the avatar system.

And on Gaia it was... mostly zOMG, their flash MMO.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:44 am

Questing with my trusty steed Oculus in the lands of Vee-Ar.

Postby Hazer » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:45 am

I think it's mainly the fact that forums are falling out of favour.
All forum sites are suffering from activity issues.
It's tough to keep a forum active now.
Instant messengers and triple A games / MMO's etc.. are the spotlight.
It's a shame but it's just a reality. >_<

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:44 am

Postby Gorirakujira » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:45 pm

I agree overall with what is being discussed, generally users are looking for more of an experience online other then a forum. Most forums are linked with a MMO or are set up inline with a fandom that will get a lot if traffic from fans wanting to share artwork etc.

I’ve been part of many avatar based forums and it’s very rare that any are ‘active’ in terms of new content. Myself prefer to converse within a thread that is already set up then actually make one. There are three types of users I’ve seen (i have ranked them in order):

1. Lurkers - users who prefer to read content from others and don’t actually pertake in conversations
2. Posters - users who are happy with conversing within threads but don’t make new theads within the forum
3. Thread makers - users who make new threads and will converse within them and rarely posts in other users threads

Forums can look inactive due to the lack of threads on a main forum or sub forum and can be off putting to new users. It’s a hard balance for a site as most sites don’t want repeating threads as it looks like spam specially if one user fills a forum with threads. It can become an eyesore.

I’m new here so I cant speak of past experience but I’ve seen worse inactivity else where. Is this normal for this site?

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:44 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:32 pm

I think some of the events later in the year have more people on, Christmas holidays is generally when people are busy with their families...or new games for Christmas gifts keep them entertained elsewhere... so less active on Windlyn.

But activity this past couple weeks is probably per norm.

Postby galled » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:56 pm

<busily taking notes>

Server Administrator

Return to Site Feedback