Comments and suggestions to improve the site.

Suggestions - Games

Suggestions - Games

Postby MissAutumn » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:48 am

So from being on this site for a couple of weeks I thought of a couple of ideas for the Games Room.

1) Could we have a spot the difference game? I just used to play these types of games a lot in the past to kill time and I miss them. It would be great to have a Windlyn version. You could hold an art competition to get images in?

2) Could more levels be added to the Ransacked Room game? You could have a mini story line to it to make it more interesting.

3) Can you add something to the drop menu to show that there's more games than just the Fishing and The Quest. It took me a couple of days to notice that you had the other games. :cheeky:

Thanks for reading my suggestions. :cheer: I hope this gives the Windlyn team more ideas for the website.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:03 am

Re: Suggestions - Games

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:11 am

There is a story to the Ransack game ..check out the link ...we got the game from one of our summer events.

If you click on "Game Room" it will take you to the games...I wonder if anyone else has had that problem finding it?

That's a Fun idea for another game, Miss Autumn ... would you just click on the differences? Would there be a time limit? I also like the other matching game where you have to flip over the card and match.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:03 am

Postby MissAutumn » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:38 am

I see I haven't fully explored the forums yet (haven't looked in the event forums tbh). I thought it was a standalone thing.

I used to hover over the Game Room tab for it to bring up the drop down menu. Maybe putting a button saying something like "More" could be handy for new users? I'm used to websites either not letting you click on that part of the menu or it takes you to a page with every single thing on it. I was a bit slow and didn't notice it until I was on my phone. xD

Yes, you would click on the differences. A time limit would make it more of a challenge and make it a bit different to the Ransack game. :) A matching game with cards would be another good game to have.

Postby galled » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:23 pm

Great suggestions!

1. This would be kind of complicated to program enough to keep it interesting, but my programming abilities are limited. It would be cool to have everyone submit art for it tho! That's along the lines of community building we love to see! :heart:

2. Lemon answered that. :)

3. Yeah, the menus. The whole thing is on the list of things that need a complete re-write... :(

There are 4 new games in development. No release timetable yet (there may be events created around them), but the resources have been completed! :cheer: (And the Game Room itself will get a face lift.)

Thanks and keep the suggestions coming! :cheer:

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby MissAutumn » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:57 pm

I wish I had the skills to help with coding such a game. I only know how to code macros.

The menus aren't bad per say. You need to take into account lazy users like me haha. I'm glad they work on phone browsers. :smile:

Looking forward to the new games. <3

Postby Vivianne » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:09 pm

Reviving to add - for spot the difference: php, obviously, allows you to compost jpgs or transparent .pngs. I’d be very surprised if there’s a modern language that doesn’t. You might be able to use a random number to determine the visible differences out of a possible set and have clickable options below the image.

If you want the image itself to be clickable, I think it gets more complicated. I’m guessing you’ll need an array to keep track of ‘hotspots’, or at the very least some kind of imagemap.

Note: I’m way out of practice, so galled’s opinion overrules mine. :D

Kind of a side note: I understand why they exist, but timed games can and do cause accessibility issues. It’s not a big deal here because there are plenty of ways to earn feathers.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:03 am

Postby galled » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:53 pm

Understood. (Doughnuts is not timed. Be forewarned--it's an addicting game!) Personally, I don't do well with timed games (and subsequently don't like them as much). Most of the new games we have on deck are not timed either! :)

Server Administrator

Postby Vivianne » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:50 pm

Awesome. You guys are doing a great job! Thanks for making Windlyn happen, and I look forward to future updates!

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:03 am

Postby galled » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:43 pm

I think I'll speak for everyone because I know they feel the same way: It's meeting and getting to know nice people like yourself that makes it all worth while! It's really a lot harder to meet nice people IRL--don't get me wrong, they're good people out there, but it seems to be fewer and further--it's just hard to cross paths with them these days it seems. And to meet people with the same interests, amazing talents, and fascinating experiences, well, I am so grateful to have a place like Windlyn to come to! <3

Server Administrator

Return to Site Feedback