Comments and suggestions to improve the site.

WINGS!

WINGS!

Postby Ghost » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:37 pm

I'd like to ask if you have an ETA on when we can buy Wings, when we can use them to buy items and what kind of items will be sold for Wings?

Are you going to have Monthly Collectibles or Limited Items or anything available for Wings? I'm looking forward to special items and being able to help support the site!

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 8:01 am

ImageImage
Nibbly wants a sacrifice
Wiggly wants his wrath
We dance around the pentagram
And take all our kingdoms back

Re: WINGS!

Postby Lime » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:43 am

Thanks for your question! :D The topic of Wings have been a little vague, since Diana and I are currently deciding on what we'll be doing with them and when. Since right now our #1 priority is getting this site fully functional before that happens.

We want to give people a chance to earn the items we sell for Wings, also. Since not everybody can donate to a site, or help out that way. And it's always a bummer to be on a site and think "Man I really want that item!" but it's impossible for you to get. :( That's not fun for anybody- we're not going to make Windlyn a "pay to win" type site (even if there is no real "winning," lol).

So I think things like that will possibly wait until we have trading up, so users can even sell multiples of items if they want to. Again, we won't know this until we get most of the bigger issues on the site out of the way first. :(

And we're not going to ask people to donate when we have nothing to give or show them in return. :D Community comes first! As far as the type of items we'll be making- the idea of Monthly Collectibles was a thing, but we're not entirely sure. Again, when it comes around! But there will be some neat items that can be purchased for Wings.

:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:
it's good to be back
if you see me here and there
feel free to say hey
:wink:
- A Lime Haiku
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Ryvvi » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:05 am

so would you be making like items purchasable by wings also available in feathers just really expensive sort of thing or just not sure yet? :)

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 11:01 pm

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby Lime » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:12 am

Hm, we're not entirely positive. Because on one hand, you'd defeat the purpose of having something special like a monthly collectible to show off with your Wing purchases if they're available for everybody in the shops.

But then on the OTHER hand, it wouldn't be fair to users who are loyal but just can't afford it. Which happens a lot in sites, and I don't really think that's entirely fair.

So it's finding that balance between them- like if we made them available for Wing purchases, but allowed users to sell them on their own to others, or in a marketplace (if we ever got one). That would be a neat idea, too.

Postby Ryvvi » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:19 am

Isnt that what already happens though on other sites? like often the richer people are just the ones who can buy the stuff with irl money then they sell it for a ton on the mp

Postby Lime » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:09 am

Yeah, that's the thing. I don't want people to just sell things for ridiculous prices, but it'd be difficult to manage it. If people were fair, well, in theory it'd work. xD But people aren't always going to be that nice.

I just want it to be fair, y'know? Maybe we will release them in shops too for feathers, but just a lot more instead. Hmm.. It's something that Diana and I have been thinking about, anyways.

Postby Ryvvi » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:11 am

maybe have like... a delayed release system?
like release them for wings, then like a month or so later release them for feathers
im sure there would be people who would pay to have the items asap

Postby Lime » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:23 am

Yeah, fair enough. That's a good idea. I like that.

I'll definitely mention that to Diana when we get around to working on feather things. :)

Postby Ryvvi » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:33 am

yeah im just making up the ideas as i go xD
i have no idea how it would work properly
but yeah ive been on the side of "i cant buy this stuff" when i was younger and it sucked :(

Postby Ghost » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:24 pm

Thanks for the speedy response, Lime! :D I'm looking forward to see what you guys come up with!

Postby Maro » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:08 pm

I'm so excited ;3;

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 9:31 am

Art by - ciel

Postby Lime » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:54 pm

Yeah, of course! I hope it answered your question! I know it's a little vague, but it's the best answer I can give right now. :)

But I appreciate it you guys! Thanks for sticking around. ;)

Return to Site Feedback