Comments and suggestions to improve the site.

Item Suggestion

Re: Item Suggestion

Postby Lime » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:25 pm

Quite a few people are asking for rave items- so I think those will end up coming around. :)

And animal things were another big one, so we're actually working on some NPC races that are animals, and people will possible be able to make their bases one of them- or at least we'll make a skin or something like that.

Mini hats were an idea I had for like, special occasions. Like the Novalia celebration, birthdays, etc. :) I dunno if we'll keep that though.

Tattoos, garters, tiaras, corsets, wings, arm/leg items are all things I like. <3 I want to include some sexy gothic items eventually. ;D

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 2:12 am

:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:
it's good to be back
if you see me here and there
feel free to say hey
:wink:
- A Lime Haiku
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Satan » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:17 pm

Skins would be nice, or bases. Like items that allow you to change your skin or base to something different from the current would be neat.

Postby Lime » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:25 pm

Yeah, skins and bases are a common idea, and I think they'll be pretty good to have in the future- especially since Windlyn is fantasy based, we're planning on having some cool races and stuff eventually. Although skins and different gendered avatars are more complicated than we thought, so they're not going to be around for a little while unfortunately.

Postby varen » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:52 am

Deer inspired items would be nice Qu Q

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 7:12 am

Postby Lime » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:40 am

Ahh I love deer. <3 And antlers, especially antlers.

I actually had a race in mind for the world of Windlyn that was based off deer people, and I always wanted to make item sets inspired from said races~

Postby Ghost » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:30 pm

DEER PEOPLE YAY

ImageImage
Nibbly wants a sacrifice
Wiggly wants his wrath
We dance around the pentagram
And take all our kingdoms back

Postby charity » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:05 am

varen wrote:Deer inspired items would be nice Qu Q

//crawls into this thread a million years late

I SECOND THIS TO THE MOON.
esp. ears because i'm currently writing roleplay characters with animal ears? like the two i'm working on right now-- one has deer ears and the other has bear ears and it'd be really rad to dress up like them. ouo;;

i also second the pastel colors because those are some of my favorites to work with, but basic colors are also really rad to mix in.

as for actual items, i really would like mori girl/boy items and pastel goth stuff. <3

in line for fantasy stuff, stuff like detatched hoods would be cool, and just in general like stuff that could easily be made into a lot of different avatars??? (sorry that was bad wording but like, i don't make many fantasy avatars, so items that could be fantasy or another genre would be rad.)

very specific but saddle shoes? and like booties. (kitten heel booties are the best and if you guys want to be cheeky/make all of my dreams come true you could draw kitty faces on the toe.) oh and chunky glasses! ouo

and hair, can i suggest hair?
hair in pastel colors, first off.
but also like sideswept bangs, maybe as a separate item?

... i've lost my train of thought oops sorry.

Postby Diana » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:28 am

We'll probably have lots of deer and other animal items. mainlybecauseIlikethemtoo. eue

I'm curious, what is mori?

Site Admin

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 11:12 pm

Postby charity » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:49 am

mori means "forest" in japanese--- it's a style that imagines what people who lived in the forest would wear! c:

ohyeahmorigirl.tumblr.com, monmonmori.tumblr.com, and littleforestgirls.tumblr.com are all good places to find pictures, but really even if you just Google 'mori girl' you'l find plenty--- while it hasn't reached the popularity/visibility of say, cosplay or even lolita, mori girl is one of the more popular styles to cross over from Japan. c:

Postby Lime » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:31 am

Well we're not going to do specifically just fantasy- we plan to have different "regions" with different clothing styles. So there will be modern and some futuristic too. Instead of fantasy, I guess we should have more specifically said "fiction" haha. Just fun, cool items. Anyways! Yeah. I love forest-related things, and pastel colours too, of course!

Postby charity » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:19 pm

Ahhhhh. That makes more sense. ouo;;

more requests:

Would it be possible to have the national dress of at least few cultures? Immediately coming to mind are kimonos and yukata from Japan, qipao and cheongsam (Spelling? i'm bad at spelling) from China, and hanbok from Korea.

Postby Lime » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:43 pm

Oh, that would be neat!

Well, depending I guess. Since this whole world is purely fictional, we were going to have outfits based on the places within the world of Windlyn when we came up with them. So they would be an equivalent to them- but maybe we could include some cultural items like that.

Postby charity » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:35 pm

Yeah. Maybe if they can't be worked into the lands of Windlyn you already have planned out, maybe they could be from "kingdoms bordering Windlyn"? (I'm not 100% sure how you guys are going to be setting up Windlyn, but I guess I assumed it was as like a kingdom or a nation, with others surrounding it. I might be totally off base. ouo)

Postby Lime » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:43 pm

No no, it's similar. We have a vague world map planned out, with some races and stories behind it. It's really fun and interesting, and I'm so unbelievably excited to show it off once we get around to it!

Unfortunately, of course, building the actual site does come first. Once we have all this settled and fixed for the most part, then we'll work on things like stories. But it won't be for a little while yet- but it doesn't mean we haven't planned a lot out! Just not implemented yet. :)

And yeah, Windlyn is actually the name of the entire world- it's the equivalent of the title "Earth." That's why if you hear Diana and I say once in a while "The World of Windlyn," it's because it is. Haha. In the literal sense.

We have some places planned out already, but we had to scrap our old one because it was from years ago when we used to use name generators. Can't do that anymore, lol! So we're redoing the entire world- plus, it didn't fit in with how we wanted to run the site. The original Windlyn was actually ALL based in semi-medieval times (think D&D settings) and was used originally for roleplay settings we never ended up doing, and I used it as the basis for all my D&D games so I could better come up with stories and inspiration.

I hope that helped a little, I kinda rambled there. I get excited, I'm sorry! :P But to answer your original question, yess! We planned on having starter sets from several different regions in the world, and let players "pick" a place of origin. Although it won't do anything, it's just mostly for fun. :)

Postby Ryvvi » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:25 pm

Oh are there some dresses in the works? like floor length, short, knee length dresses :D i will buy all you have
hnng will you be able to buy the other starter sets that you didnt choose?

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback