Comments and suggestions to improve the site.

[Suggestion] A name change service

Re: [Suggestion] A name change service

Postby Diana » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:35 am

Hrm. I kinda get it. So is it like.. a secondary username? Only you can have that one?
With lime and I, and our mods, the usernames are a different colour. But I see the problem with the rest of the users. That might be something to look into.

Though if we had something like that, I worry about people putting titles in that are not okay...

Site Admin

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 8:09 pm

Postby Ban » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:51 am

I think what he means is a title, basically your user "Ban" and below it in a smaller font like "Mad Man" or something? Correct me if I'm wrong Jay

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 7:09 pm

Postby Blue Jay » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:33 am

Yes that is what I mean Ban a title next to your name.

Well you can have certain words censored on it. That or rules on what to put.

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 10:09 pm

Image Artwork by Yuracye

Postby Ban » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:52 am

I like the Idea, +1 !!

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 7:09 pm

Postby Blue Jay » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:18 am

Just a little food for thought.

I'm glad you like it Ban. :D

Postby Lime » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:36 pm

I actually do kinda like that title idea, Blue Jay.. Also, yay I was an example!

But naw, haha. I think it is something to consider. I'm not a huge fan of name changes, either. But I'm a little biased. I always use the same two usernames for everything I ever sign up for, and I've been doing it for years. So the names mean a lot to me now, and I'd never consider changing them.

On the staff side, Diana is right that it does create some problems and confusions that could easily be avoided. Although mules with the same email address are always an option, albeit a pain in the rear to switch over if you need to do it frequently enough.

Paying real money though for a name change I don't quite like. Maybe feathers, but I wouldn't use wings for that. Wings are for when we have monthly exclusives (like a lot of other sites do to keep them up and running). We wouldn't abuse something like that- but I know you mean it with good intentions. :) It was a good idea!

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 11:09 pm

:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:
it's good to be back
if you see me here and there
feel free to say hey
:wink:
- A Lime Haiku
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Blue Jay » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:20 pm

Lime the last site I saw use this Title Idea was charging in game currency that any user could earn. It was I believe 100 in the in game currency. ^^

Previous

Return to Site Feedback