Comments and suggestions to improve the site.

post earning

post earning

Postby Maro » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:05 pm

With the large amount of items going into the shops among many other things I think that what you earn per post should be raised from around 10 feathers to something a little higher. Not like a massive number because items are still fairly cheap in the shops but still a but higher than it is right now. I'd like to hear other peoples opinions on it as well though.

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 7:08 am

Art by - ciel

Re: post earning

Postby Turtle Sensei » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:06 pm

I agree with you. Maybe 20 Feathers per post? Or the amount earned depends on how much that we type?

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 2:38 am

Postby Maro » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:10 pm

I'd say depends on how much we type. That seems to be the best way to go about it usually.

Postby Blue Jay » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:18 pm

Only downside to that Maro is that if that is indeed the case then the prices for the items Go Up too! Since if you post like a sentence or even two words like we do now and get 10 feathers we are halfway to an item. If we do the post per thing you could end up with 1 feather or 100 feathers depending on your post and if someone posts really long posts and gets 100 feathers per post then that means that 10 posts they have a thousand feathers. So if they buy Every Item and then have money left over which would be fine to the user but to make it fair the items would increase. I think raising the cap to 20 feathers would be a good idea though because 5 posts is 100 feathers.

I'm not saying it is a bad idea just wondering if the price of items would have to increase? ^^

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 4:38 am

Image Artwork by Yuracye

Postby Maro » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:24 pm

Whoever said the max would be 100? I was thinking more along the lines of 40-45 being the most to earn if you have a very long post. Based on the amount of colours vs amount of items it takes quite a bit of posting to get one item if you aren't posting in a forum that gives 10 per let alone if you are alurker and dont really post much at all. I'd elaborate more but if I do I will probably come off as condesending among other things so i won't

Postby Blue Jay » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:56 pm

Ah I get you I was just using 100 as a general cap lol.

Postby Mika » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:02 pm

I dont know... I think its fine personally. I mean some users, not mentioning any names, are already on the way to being feather hoarders. Lol. I mean, I currently have 8000+ feathers and at this point they are really just adding up. The items are easy to get. I mean most items currently out are only 20-30 feathers and not everyone buys every color. So to me it seems just fine. But usually if the rate is changed then usually the prices go up to help match it.
Now for instance if say it is a holiday event going on, I know some places will give you extra earnings in a specific holiday event forum. Since holiday items are usually more expensive and rare.

"Your name, frozen on my lips
Icecicles pierce my heart
Now I wait, to send out my wish
To find you where ever you are"

Postby Ryvvi » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:56 pm

well, like diana said in another post somewhere (cant remember where), theres nothing to stop people from having post decorations in their actual post, which would mean they would get extra feathers for nothing really
plus like, you guys have soooo many feathers already im not entirely sure why you think more would be necessary?

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 8:38 pm

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby Maro » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:47 pm

I wasn't thinking for myself. I was meaning more for older members coming back and having missed a lot or new members coming in. It seems a lot of people selling older items are marking them up quite a bit. Not to mention all the art shops and such. Also I was broke until sensei donated to me. I haven't had.more than maybe 1k if that to myself in forever. Again I was thinking of this for others obviously not foe people with. a lot of geathers already. Also no everyone likes having a style in their posts either.

Postby Ryvvi » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:43 pm

not everyone likes post styles no, but it is an easily exploitable system that was just an example~
And feathers arent that difficult to earn as is i dont think? like 10f per post means you can make 3 posts and get the most expensive items out right now. plus unlike other sites it doesnt decrease the amount given or have a limit to how many you can earn per day meaning you can rack up feathers pretty quick
idk i just dont think it would benefit newer people or older members returning very much?

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 8:38 pm

Postby Dollipop » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:26 pm

Even though I'm a new user, I find it fairly easy to get feathers. The items in the shop are appropriately priced for how many feathers we get when we post. I'm afraid I disagree with you on the need to raise feathers. But thanks for posting your opinion! :Feather:

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 3:38 am

Postby Maro » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:33 am

Okay yes most areas give you 10 but a few only givr 1-5. The only on I know for sure that gives 10 each time is hangouts.

Postby Lime » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:29 pm

Hello, thanks for your feedback!

Although, currently the rewards for feathers aren't going to change.

This is for a few reasons. Already, several users have thousands upon thousands of feathers, and everything in the shop is incredibly cheap. We want all users to be able to afford our items, since we're new and don't have a lot.

Also, on that note, we are new. :) Windlyn is still in Alpha stage, and so our economy is very low. The more people post, the more feathers are put into the economy, which means more people will have higher "normal" amounts, which means the prices of items will have to raise to keep up with it. If the rewards are raised, the prices of items will be too- if this is done too fast or improperly, it can throw off the balance and destroy an economy. Look at Gaia, for example. While it can be a good site, their economy is really out of whack and when something like that happens, it's almost impossible to fix it. Plus, wouldn't you like cheap items? :)

And yes, new users will have much less feathers than older users.. That's the point of being new. When you join, of course you're not going to have as many as other users. Honestly, it would be a little unfair to somebody who's been active for months and posts to earn their feathers, than for somebody to just pop on and own all the same items. It's a give and take process!

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 5:38 am

:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:
it's good to be back
if you see me here and there
feel free to say hey
:wink:
- A Lime Haiku
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Return to Site Feedback