Comments and suggestions to improve the site.

I just want to say

Re: I just want to say

Postby Diana » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:00 am

Blue Jay
Banni
Actually, it's not active threads. I am pretty sure I don't want to rename it that.
It literally is unread threads (any thread you haven't read a post in yet) and it counts the number of the unread threads. Active threads would contain things with posts made recently-- whether you've read/visited them or not.

MonkeyGirl18
As I explained in my last post, that's the plan. C:

Site Admin

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 5:36 am

Postby Banni » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:35 am

Diana
Ahh, true, as you put it that way it makes sense. Unread Threads it is then!

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:29 pm

Diana wrote: MonkeyGirl18

I was really responding to those who were saying that it needs to be renamed. I mean, there is that button on the main forum page so you don't have to make one, it's already there. That's what I don't understand. Why do we need something when, if you click the forums, it's literally at the top of the screen? Unanswered topics and unread posts. Creating a second one is unnecessary. We don't need it because we have it.

Unless I'm misreading something.

Ok, I misread a bit, but I think its good where its at, just bees to make notifications what its meant to be. That's it. Those buttons are very noticeable and doesn't need to be relocated. Its actually bigger then ones on other sites that have those features I've been on. Those buttons are the first things I see on the forums page. Its good where it is.

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 7:36 am

Postby galled » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:53 pm

MonkeyGirl18 wrote:

I was really responding to those who were saying that it needs to be renamed. I mean, there is that button on the main forum page so you don't have to make one, it's already there. That's what I don't understand. Why do we need something when, if you click the forums, it's literally at the top of the screen? Unanswered topics and unread posts. Creating a second one is unnecessary. We don't need it because we have it.

Hi, MonkeyGirl18 !

Welcome to Windlyn! It's been in alpha for a while, so as you might imagine there's been many discussions about the very buttons you refer to at the top of the forum pages and labels. I asked the very same question many moons ago!

What it comes down to is the best UI's have multiple ways navigate. Some people like to use the main forum view, so the buttons make sense at the top. Others mainly navigate through multiple message windows, so they no longer see the buttons at the top, so the avi/nav box makes sense.

The problem is if you eliminate the buttons along the top, it creates a whole other set of problems (page returns that will require scrolling to the avi/nav box on smaller screens and devices, etc., etc..

So ATM, the best solution seems to be to add the features we like first, rename and move them around as we "live with it" for a while to see if there's a better solution. You're just coming in to the middle of it, so it may seem a little illogical right now. Sorry for the long-winded (that pun thing again!) explanation, but I hope it makes sense! :)

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:06 pm

galled wrote:
MonkeyGirl18 wrote:

Hi, MonkeyGirl18 !

Welcome to Windlyn! It's been in alpha for a while, so as you might imagine there's been many discussions about the very buttons you refer to at the top of the forum pages and labels. I asked the very same question many moons ago!

What it comes down to is the best UI's have multiple ways navigate. Some people like to use the main forum view, so the buttons make sense at the top. Others mainly navigate through multiple message windows, so they no longer see the buttons at the top, so the avi/nav box makes sense.

The problem is if you eliminate the buttons along the top, it creates a whole other set of problems (page returns that will require scrolling to the avi/nav box on smaller screens and devices, etc., etc..

So ATM, the best solution seems to be to add the features we like first, rename and move them around as we "live with it" for a while to see if there's a better solution. You're just coming in to the middle of it, so it may seem a little illogical right now. Sorry for the long-winded (that pun thing again!) explanation, but I hope it makes sense! :)

I wasn't saying anything about removing them, but I ended up misreading things which I happen to do a lot unintentionally. But, it does make sense.

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 7:36 am

Postby galled » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:37 pm

MonkeyGirl18 wrote:I wasn't saying anything about removing them, but I ended up misreading things which I happen to do a lot unintentionally. But, it does make sense.

No problem! :)

We want to make Windlyn the best we can, so in reality, that means it'll be constantly evolving with the community. I don't think any of girls ever dreamed we'd have so many here this early in the process. Most projects like this usually have closed Alphas. Windlyn was so small that we just didn't think we'd have to close it off from the public. So far it's been great to have input from everyone.

Thanks!

Server Administrator

Previous

Return to Site Feedback