Comments and suggestions to improve the site.

The Lag....

The Lag....

Postby Vladimir » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:05 pm

I understand the site has gotten an influx of users and such, but is there any plans to help reduce this lag? The pages and such all load pretty slow and it makes it really difficult to take part and enjoy the event going on now. ; - ;

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 9:50 pm

Re: The Lag....

Postby galled » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:25 pm

Vladimir wrote:I understand the site has gotten an influx of users and such, but is there any plans to help reduce this lag? The pages and such all load pretty slow and it makes it really difficult to take part and enjoy the event going on now. ; - ;

Hi, Vladmir!

There's nothing going on from the server side out of the ordinary right now. Windlyn seems pretty snappy for us (but we're only a couple hundred miles from the server). Do you experience lag with every page or only certain ones like the shops? Can you provide more information about how you connect to Windlyn (ISP, device, platform, and browser)?

There have been a number of changes in the way the pages load, so you might consider clearing out your browser cache and see if that helps. More optimizations are coming, but the priorities are bug fixes for/and feature implementation while in alpha. Optimizations and bug fixes are typically handled in beta because features are set by then. Optimizing incomplete features, well, you can probably imagine.

Thanks!

Server Administrator

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 10:50 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:35 pm

Only lag I've experienced is when I think I tap something but I didn't
Or I'm on my iPad
>.>"

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 12:50 am

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby Vladimir » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:17 pm

I'm plugged into an Ethernet cord, my internet is pretty damn fast, and every other site I play loads well. It's been like this for about a week or so now, or maybe sense the event started with the valentine items, and it's making things difficult. It's every page on the site, not just any-one page in particular. :( I cleared the cache and such yesterday, and it took away the shop-glitch that I was experiencing, but the lag is still here. ; - ;

edit: Cleared it again and no difference.
I'm using firefox, just throwing that out there. The lag is also the same whenever I use my laptop (a mac).
To put it into perspective, it takes about 4 seconds for each page to load.

Postby galled » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:06 pm

Vladimir wrote:I'm plugged into an Ethernet cord, my internet is pretty damn fast, and every other site I play loads well. It's been like this for about a week or so now, or maybe sense the event started with the valentine items, and it's making things difficult. It's every page on the site, not just any-one page in particular. :( I cleared the cache and such yesterday, and it took away the shop-glitch that I was experiencing, but the lag is still here. ; - ;

edit: Cleared it again and no difference.
I'm using firefox, just throwing that out there. The lag is also the same whenever I use my laptop (a mac).
To put it into perspective, it takes about 4 seconds for each page to load.

Thanks for the info.

How fast was it for you prior? I'd estimate that 3 second page loads to be about average from here.

Just out of curiosity, do you have another browser to try? (Just trying to isolate possible issues.) Pings to your IP from the server are about 125ms--not great, but not atrocious. I don't know what it could be, as I said, nothing special is going with the server. I'll reboot the server later tonight and we'll see if that helps you at all.

Server Administrator

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 10:50 pm

Postby Vladimir » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:32 pm

Literally page would load below a second, pretty fast. :) I'm not used to waiting for pages to load anymore since I got a new computer and upgraded internet. ; - ; So this is a huge difference right now aha. I'll try the site on IE in a few and see if it works better there~!! :)

Postby Kethryveris » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:00 pm

It takes a while for pages to load for me, too. Not like outrageously awful, but it's slower to load here than anywhere else. I'm using Opera though, so Idk if that has an effect. XD

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 12:50 am

"Scared I will run away, I'm losing hope today
I can't tell the shadows from the light"

Postby Vladimir » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:18 pm

It still runs slow on Internet Explorer as well.... ; - ;
So firefox, internet, and I'm guessing Opera all have this problem.

Yea, it's not too-too outrageous... but honestly it keeps me away and makes things difficult > - <

Return to Site Feedback