Comments and suggestions to improve the site.

Approved?

Approved?

Postby Q-tea » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:07 pm

I'm a little shocked I have to say...Just thought of replying to a subject in the feedback and I get a message saying my post needs to be approved before anyone can see it. I have nothing against Windlyn's rules and what not, but this is the most extreme thing I've ever seen. Is it really necessary to revoke the freedom of speech in the feedback forum? I've been here for awhile so I know you guys are better then that, but as a new user I'd feel like you guys don't want to receive feedback and that you'll "filter" anything that isn't to your liking, or at least how you guys come off. :/

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 8:07 am

Re: Approved?

Postby Diana » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:22 pm

Woah, woah, woah! That's not supposed to be there! Thanks for picking up on that!
I had been messing with some forum settings a couple months, and some threads ended up needing approval before users could post in them. That was completely and totally unintentional. Users had reported the approvals after I first wrecked it, and I hadn't gotten any more reports for a while; but I guess I didn't fix all of them.

I changed the feedback forum to require no approval now, if you'd like, could you please try to give posting here another go? If you see any more around the site, please poke me again! Some threads aren't touched very often, so they could still be under effect.

We have no interest in limiting a user's freedom of speech, and openly welcome all kinds of feedback! C:
Thanks for having faith, and letting us know about this bug!

Site Admin

Postby Q-tea » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:28 pm

Diana

Ahh I see, glad to hear it's not some new rule here. ^^;
    Then hopefully this post will go through

EDIT:

Everything seems to be working now
    No message about getting approved ^^

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:29 pm

When you seem to have a technical problem I would PM one of the admin and ask them for clarification, that way they can see it and respond quickly if it is a problem. Like you said,it didn't seem like something the site had done before so chances are its one of those nasty techno bugs causing mischief and needs to be taken care of.

Postby Diana » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:33 pm

Awesome! I think it is working again then. :D

It's definitely not a new rule. haha. We have been going through and combining repeat threads in the bug report forum, or moving them to a "fixed" folder to try to tidy things up a bit, but that's as far as messing with posts goes for us.

I'll leave this thread here in case we find any more threads needing approvals later.
Thanks again!

Site Admin

Postby Q-tea » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:36 pm

Lemon Cheesecake

Honestly, I haven't been here for months, the idea of a "techno bug" or even categorizing it as a technical problem never came up in my mind since nothing similar has ever occurred to me on windlyn in the past, I thought the management had their reasons for putting it up and just wanted to voice how it came off in my opinion and if anyone had similar views could voice their opinions as well.

Diana

I'm glad it was easily fixed. o v o And I'll definitely post again if it pops up, now that I know it's a technical issue and not a rule. > u <
    No problem!

Return to Site Feedback