Comments and suggestions to improve the site.

Suggestion-an art board

Suggestion-an art board

Postby Mys » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:17 pm

Ok I'm not sure how easy this would be to add but I thought it'd be nice for there to be a few drawing applets to draw on and share art. The board would be divided up e.g: Beginners, Sketches, Advanced, Competitions etc. Then when you choose to draw you'll get a selection of applets e.g: Chibipaint, Shipainter, and canvas size, then the applet should launch. When you're done you can then publish the drawing to the board with a description.

The only downside is that inside of like your java properties on your computer you'd need to add the site to the exceptions list for the Java applets to run. Java's gotten pretty paranoid recently. And there would need to be mods to make sure there's no 3 minute drawing spam/only words and such. But it'd be a nice addition.
Ah and it won't work on Chrome >.<

I think I just need one thread to post all my suggestions |D

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 11:02 pm

Re: Suggestion-an art board

Postby galled » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:31 pm

Just on a technical level java is being dropped by most mainstream browsers. Developing for java now is a dead end.

Server Administrator

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 10:02 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby ShiroGEM » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:19 am

I'm not sure what you mean exactly but is it a bit like an art thread that has lots of images?

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 1:02 pm

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Postby Ryvvi » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:58 am

Hey! This sounds like a pretty cool idea~!
If you were looking to post art we do have the art forums over here viewforum.php?f=65.
In terms of an art applet, Diana is currently focusing on essential site features at the moment, once we get Windlyn out of alpha (which we are at now), we can start looking at more features for the site! :)

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 4:02 pm

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby Mys » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:54 am

Yep it'd basically be a board where you can create and share art directly in a browser. The only downside is yeah Java is getting old and not all browsers support it. Just wanted to put it out there though XD
I wonder what the future of drawing applets will be....all the ones I know use Java.

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 11:02 pm

Postby ShiroGEM » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:48 am

There is always sumo paint. x3

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 1:02 pm

Return to Site Feedback