Want to advertise your group? Looking for an RP to join? This is the place.

Interest check: dice rolling RP (pen and paper style)

Moderator: Sanchicho

Interest check: dice rolling RP (pen and paper style)

Postby Death by Mirrors » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:36 am

So, since we can actually roll dice here on Windlyn, I've been tempted to start a roleplay adventure that actually incorporates dice results. Something along the lines of DnD or Pathfinder, except that I'd most likely stick to lesser known systems (unless you all really want to do DnD).

What I have in mind so far:

Night Witches
The daily life and nightly missions of female night bomber pilots in Russia during World War II. This is based on an actual regiment,but fear not - you don't need a tremendous amount of history knowledge to play. The rulebook uses a modified Powered By The Apocalypse system. I'm not going to put up gory descriptions, but do note character death can and will sometimes happen.

Maid RPG
Now for something cute and light-hearted. You play a maid in the master's household, do your daily tasks and earn favor. Character creation is done by dice rolls, but if you're seriously unhappy with your random result, I'll let you roll again. Character deaths are replaced with a function called "stress explosion", where you are taken out of the game for a limited period of time, but then can go on again completely unharmed.

Monsterhearts
Follows the daily life of monsters in high school. So basically you're a teenager, but you're also a monster - which sometimes isn't so different from each other anyway? Ahem. No explicit sexual descriptions, just fade to black if someone explores that part of teenage life. Character deaths are possible here, but less likely. In this rulebook you may also offer other players experience points if they do something you want in a particular situation.

Little Fears
You play a 6 to 12 year old child in a world where the monsters underneath your bed may in fact be real. Younger kids have more belief (which can be compared to ingame magic), older kids have more ability (thus are better at solving problems through reason and strength). The rulebook uses a system of exploding dice where every 6 is added to the roll, then rolled again and you get to add that result as well. So while it may not exactly be common for your kid to achieve a legendary success in an next-to-impossible task, it can indeed happen.

Other Games
I'm also open to other systems if none of these suggestions interest you, but you still want to play a dice based pen and paper game.

Also, you do not need any rulebooks, I will walk you through character creation and how to play. So don't let that stop you if you're interested.

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:44 pm

Re: Interest check: dice rolling RP (pen and paper style)

Postby Mouse » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:50 am

This sounds really fun and I'd be interested in little fears!

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:44 am

Re: Interest check: dice rolling RP (pen and paper style)

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:11 pm

Sounds fun even if the discord one I'm running is slow lol

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:44 am

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Return to The Pub