A place to meet new people, and hang out in a club.

Lemon's drop-inn

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Lemon's drop-in (come in and chat awhile)

Postby Sutcliff » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:41 am

I won't be on hardly when school starts back up. I never had time to be on here and my grades were poor last semester. This site is addicting to me lol.

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 1:35 am

Postby Balcan » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:44 am

Ah, how long is your break? I don't go back until late January. College students have to choose two out of these three: good grades, a social life, and enough sleep.

Local time: Sat May 18, 2024 10:35 pm

Postby Sutcliff » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:45 am

For me it's one of the 3...I chose sleep....bad choice...This time is good grades. I go back mid January.

Postby Maro » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:53 am

hey people

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 3:05 am

Art by - ciel

Postby Balcan » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:54 am

If you're choosing your classes, try to distribute them so that you don't have too many difficult ones at once, and so that you have some interval of time in between classes.

Postby Sutcliff » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:05 pm

I already have scheduled for classes. I hope I have time for work. I probably will, since my classes were usually during the day and I would work in the evening and that's what I did. This time it's a little later but enough time for evening work.

Postby Balcan » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:35 pm

I commend you for studying and working simultaneously. I'll be working in my college soon. I hope I'm not stuck cleaning bathrooms, considering the fecal crime scene I walked in on last time I was there.

Postby Bassy » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:44 pm

That must be really awkward. I witnessed a crash yesterday and then when I got back to my dorm I heard sirens and an ambulance and a police car was going that direction. It wasn't a bad crash where someone was hurt. I think this guys brakes wasnt working or his steering wasn't working.

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 12:35 am

Please feed and hold my pokemon?

Soup’s Pokémon!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:08 pm

Monkeygirl - I think the items are themed more towards the Novalia battle then Halloween but now you have them for next Halloween as well!

Bassy- it's all about learning balance....just don't use sleep...or online games...or reading...as an excuse to get what you need done. I know I have always struggled with distractions!
Glad no one was hurt in the crash. You didn't stay to give a witness report? I don't know with those kind of things if you are supposed to call 911 or look up the local police number and call it. Does it depend on whether someone looks hurt and how bad the damage looks?

Postby Bassy » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:29 pm

Lemon, sleep wasn't really my only excuse. I was working 30 hours a week when I first started working and that affected me. That was my main deal and it got harder after midterms. It wasn't just sleep. I just slept when I got back to not pull all nighters and skip my classwork. Time management is what I need work on.
Someone else who was closer went to the person in the car. I was surrounded by cars so I couldn't really do anything to help. There was at least 2 or 3 people that pulled to the side and helped.

Postby galled » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:34 pm

Bassy wrote:That must be really awkward. I witnessed a crash yesterday and then when I got back to my dorm I heard sirens and an ambulance and a police car was going that direction. It wasn't a bad crash where someone was hurt. I think this guys brakes wasnt working or his steering wasn't working.

Sometimes when the brain isn't working (drugs, alcohol, handheld devices, lack of sleep, emotional distractions), it looks like the brakes and/or steering don't work too. It's actually really rare for mechanical failures these days. Glad no one was hurt!

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:39 pm

30 hours is like working full time....you poor thing! Hopefully you can still manage on less work hours and be able to get the school work done without being exhausted. I'm glad to hear you have good powers of observation while you are out and about! Quite a few people can be oblivious to their surroundings.

Postby Bassy » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:28 pm

That's when I called and about to quit. But my boss wouldn't let me lol. I told them a few weeks before hand to cut my hours. They finally did by 5 hours. Though I miss the larger pay checks lol. But I am staying there until I get a car or at least till the summer and I will be going for retail. I want my nails done so bad!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:48 pm

If you learn to paint your own nails it is much cheaper... do you need a car for being at school? I have learned to live without the frills and to be resourceful and when I desperately need things God has always provided a way for me to either work or brings someone along to bless me.
Here was a rescue that was resourceful:
[+] SPOILER
You trudge through the cold on your way to Snowflake Village and see a funny looking pile of snow. Upon closer inspection, you realize it isn't just snow at all! It's XoGREMLINoX, all cold and blue! You tear up some blank pages from one of the notebooks you carry around and carefully place them on the ground near XoGREMLINoX. You throw a nice fireball at them to get XoGREMLINoX on their way to warmth, and walk off in search of some more long-lasting fuel. On your way out, you notice something glittering on the ground...

Postby Bassy » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:53 pm

I have my own car that my mom lent to me to use when my mom got her a new car. It's still hers and all. I am trying to get my own car that I pay in full the day I get it. So all I would need to pay is the insurance. I use it mostly just to go to work and if I need to go to walmart or some place not walking distance.
I can but I can't. My work won't allow it. I work at fast food.

PreviousNext

Return to Hangouts