Topics that have been addressed/noted or solved already. Please search in here before making a new topic!

Idk if this is just me..... Can't change avi

Re: Idk if this is just me..... Can't change avi

Postby XoGIZMOoX » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:29 am

Yes I tried rebooting my droid but nothing changed :/ I was thinking about the weather / fires too ... it's odd it seems to be the slowest for me on windlyn though of all my sites as soon as the first of the month gets here I can test out my new tablets speed

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 5:14 am

:heart:COME VISIT MY PETS PLEASE :heart: http://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/pets.php?userid=646ImageImageImage [img]http://i.imgur.com/p30InEq?r.gif[/img

Postby galled » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:54 am

The inventory page will load slow (lot's of graphics/items), but it should go much faster the next times once the images are cached. I just tried it on my new tablet (I got a Lenovo A10 Tab 2 for my birthday! Which new tablet do you have?) and it took over a minute to load. It looked like it stalled out, but it did eventually load. I think as long as it does't throw an error like Kit's it is still working.

That said, Windlyn is only in Alpha and does not run on a dedicated server, so a lot of work goes on fixing and adding stuff in the background and speeds will fluctuate based on what is being done and overall speeds won't be comparable to sites running multiple servers. Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Server Administrator

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 6:14 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:35 am

Is that why for Lianna every time since the sun showed up I'd had to rebuild the entire avi but this most recent time it finally remembered?
tho when the shawl scarf thing was fixed and i put it on and didn't notice that the hair was taken off until I saved was pretty funny

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 8:14 am

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby XoGIZMOoX » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:18 pm

My new tablet (well it's New to me since I've never had one) is a Verizon ellipsis that is about all I know about it sis in law upgraded and gave me her used one WELL it's still on her data and said I can watch my Netflix and games on it BUT NOW apparently I am using up alltheir data o.o it says on the tablet I only used 4 gigs or whatever I don't know much about it but anyhow I am not using it anymore till I can figure out how to hotspot it and use my cellphone unlimited data on it but for now I'm on my Huawei metro pcs cell and I cleaned up the cookies catches etc I believe it's working faster now and I can access closet on my puffin browser so I am going to use that ^.^

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 5:14 am

Postby galled » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:23 pm

Kit:
Could be. It depends--it's all about timing. You can be pretty sure nothing goes on in the background software-wise for Windlyn very late/very early in the morning Pacific Time other than server maintenance, software updates, rebooting and such.

Gizzie:
Outstanding! Yep, you should figure out the data thing--don't want to get your SIL mad at you after giving you such a nice gift!

Server Administrator

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:44 pm

Okay if you agree to go off their plan, they can deactivate it. They must have a data limit too, and if they never told you how much they have, well, that's their fault
You'll have to set your phone as the hotspot for your tablet to connect to it
Also, games, YouTube, and stream services like Netflix are data munchers

Postby ShadowGrimReaper87 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:57 pm

I can't change my avie either, it just keeps on telling me there was an error and to try it again.

The Grim Reaper yo ^_~Image

Postby Diana » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:16 pm

What items are you trying to equip?
And what browser + device are you using?

Site Admin

Postby ShadowGrimReaper87 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:52 am

I'm using crome on a tablet and I've never had this issue before. I even cleaned out the cache and cookies.
I'm trying to add the take out box and that's it. But it keeps saying that something went wrong while trying to save my avatar.

Postby Diana » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:03 am

is it a new tablet?
What are all the items you are trying to equip?

Site Admin

Postby ShadowGrimReaper87 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:07 am

I think it was the take out box because it saved just fine without it. I was even able to change my avatar all together. Quite strange. 0_o

Postby Lianna » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:38 am

It's baaaaaaaack!
And all I'm doing is waiting for the page to load. And reload. And reload. And reload
It outright crashed Safari this time, too

Sup nerds check my main if you want my attention

Postby galled » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:06 pm

Lianna wrote:It's baaaaaaaack!
And all I'm doing is waiting for the page to load. And reload. And reload. And reload
It outright crashed Safari this time, too

Takeout box?

Server Administrator

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:00 pm

The fact that I'm just letting it load the page and it failing takes out any chance of it being one specific item now, doesn't it

Postby galled » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:28 pm

Just trying to see if there's anything in common with other reports. It seems the only thing in common are mobile devices, and that they eventually sort themselves out with no intervention on the server side. I assume you've done the normal things (clear cache, reboot, etc.), all we can do is keep an eye on it until we have something to point at what may be the issue.

Server Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Addressed/Solved