Site-wide events run by the Windlyn Team!

[2015] Treasure Hunt! Last Day!

[2015] Treasure Hunt! Last Day!

Postby Ryvvi » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:43 am

AYYY ME HEARTIES

...ahem.

Please post your links to the found treasure here! At the end of the day I will release the treasure from Sparkle Kingdoms coffers, and you can all bask in the sparkly treasure glory!
There will be three per day to be found, so don't stress if you don't find anything on the first day, you will have a chance the next day. :cheer:

Note: You absolutely can try to find a chest every day-- be warned, some days may be more complicated than others. Please don't try to find more than one a day (including using mule accounts to do so), so that other users have a chance to play!

The introduction post can be found here!

It seems that all my treasure is almost back! this should be the last of it all!

Today's clues: Day 15!
1. The pirates are running out of energy, and are looking for a quick boost! Being pirates, of course they're looking to get it for free.
2. The pirates found a safe haven, except it turns out it was filled to the brim with deer... Not wanting to intrude, and a little creeped out, they backed away slowly. I think they left some treasure though!
3. The pirates just love food! It's all they ever want to talk about! They got so distracted by even the thought of food, they forgot some treasure!

Past Hints:
Day 14!
[+] SPOILER
1. Sunny skies and warm weather has finally arrived for the pirates! They're all busy making plans on where to loot this summer, so maybe grab their treasure now!
2. The pirates have been trying really hard to become legends, but aren't quite on that level yet. Which is good, because someone can go get my treasure back before they're out of your league!
3. The pirates seem to have stumbled upon a hidden garden of some sort that no one seems to know about! they've decided to hide their treasure there, so just find the secret place to find my treasure!

Day 13!
1. In trying to find a new place to stash their loot, they seem to have stumbled on a strange sort of cave, with soft fluffy walls...
2. The pirates have reached a new location, filled with playful little foxes, and are having trouble hiding their treasure after getting so distracted!
3. An imposter has infiltrated the ship, and is claiming to be the King, which can't be true, obviously, because I'm in charge of Sparkle!
Day 12!
[+] SPOILER
1. The pirates have finally collected (stolen) 1000 pieces of treasure! Luckily while they're distracted celebrating, you could probably sneak in and get my treasure back.
2. The pirates have found a place to call home! They've spent all day digging and mining to collect materials, and were so distracted that they left some treasure behind! It would be a shame if something were to happen to it..
3. There was a massive mission in the undertaking, and the pirates were determined to steal all of it and take the credit! Someone (you) has to stop them!

Day 11!
[+] SPOILER
1. Terrible illness has swept through the ship, so the pirates make a pit stop to find some remedies to help cure them and left some treasure behind!
2. The pirates have received some troubling news... One of the crew is a mole for the mafia and keeps stealing the treasure! Theftception! but who?
3. It seems that the dastardly pirates have been pawning my treasure off for more wearable sparkly things... actually that sounds amazing! Just find where they took the new wearable treasure and bring that back!

Day 10!
[+] SPOILER
1. The pirates snuck into a thread, hoping to hide their treasure well. However, in the place where they were hiding was ants! The pirates quickly ran away.
2. A robot gone wild made the pirates laugh until they cried… They were so distracted they left their treasure behind!
3. The pirates were absolutely bewitched by just how many hats Sanchicho has...

Day 9!
[+] SPOILER
1. The pirates have stumbled upon a new get rich quick scheme! pots of treasure just waiting for them to win!
2. Treasure treasure treasure. Its all the pirates can think about these days! Their obsessions with treasure is even greater than ever!
3. A spooky castle is just the place to hide some treasure! Don't be late to pick this up!

Day 8!
[+] SPOILER
1. The pirates are Kurrently Kicking back in a very large area... Unfortunately to find this treasure you're going to have to search through a lot!
2. The pirates have gamely decided to change their terrible habits, one tiny change at a time! I suppose it's progress..
3. Due to their current change of heart, the pirates have been gifting their (my!) treasure away, to anyone around, above and just all over!

Day 7!
[+] SPOILER
1. The pirates have decided to start collecting some art. In exchange for some treasure, they were glad to expand their collection!
2. Surprisingly pirates are very good at keeping secrets... if only because no one ever gets close enough for them to tell!
3. Some of the pirates were caught! While they were choosing their last meal ever, they managed to hide some treasure away.

Day 6!
[+] SPOILER
1. A pirate came across this post... What comes after H?... L? Q? Pirates are not well versed in literature. The pirate wandered off, scratching his head, and left his treasure behind!
2. The pirates scrambled into a thread... Only to find themselves staring at the users-- and their doppelgangers! They dropped the treasure right there and fled!
3. The pirates got friendly with Lime, and started asking a lot of questions... Is it possible to get too friendly? They exchanged their treasure for some information and now it's just sitting around!

Day 5!
[+] SPOILER
1. The pirate get distracted by some wondrous food dispensaries, and accidentally leave some treasure behind!
2. The pirates have found some sort of mythical substance, very cold.. They had to leave some treasure behind to fit it onto the ship, but it seems to be giving them a run of terrible luck.
3. The pirates know where the count down started, but not what it goes to! they weren't going to stay around long enough to find out, though... and quickly buried the treasure!

Day 4!
[+] SPOILER
1. The pirates, sick of carrying around so much sparkly treasure (MY sparkly treasure) have been looking to sell some of it off. Fortunately for them, they managed to offload some of it in exchange for some delicious food!
2. The pirates seemed to have gone deep into the past, where they found Sparkle Kingdom's and Windlyn's original communication!
3. Due to some pet peeves, the pirates were arguing with each other and getting very hateful. They were so distracted that they missed some treasure going overboard!

Day 3!
[+] SPOILER
1. The pirates seemed to have gotten a little turned around... and ended up stuck in a tree. Despite the unforeseen difficulty, they figured it was a good place as any for some treasure hiding!
2. The pirates escaped the tree, and found themselves in the middle of a pond. Unfortunately for them there was some damage to their ship and they needed to bail out some treasure to stop sinking!
3. Well out to sea, the pirates come across an enemy pirate ship. After an epic battle, they relinquish some of their treasure, so they can make an escape!

Day 2!
[+] SPOILER
1. Some people were avoiding me, which hurt my feelings, so I crushed their hopes and dreams, as is appropriate for a monarch... But the pirates saw it happen and decided to hide my treasure somewhere near there. Please find it!
2. The pirates came across a list of a few of my favourite things. Apparently they hid some of my glittery treasure around there, which seems appropriate! I still want it back though :(
3. The pirates were getting up to some mischief when they managed to get distracted by some strange customs of a place far far away. They accidentally left their treasure behind!

Day 1!
[+] SPOILER
1. A hero daily is a sparkle pirates worst nightmare (next to scurvy)... But the pirates have nothing to fear from these heroes. Take two steps to the left and three steps down and you'll find the buried treasure.
2. Aye, a pirate's life is hard... So tough that one thieving pirate barely made it out past the first sparkle of Sparkle Kingdom before burying their treasure and getting caught.
It's yours for the taking, should you find it!
3. This last one seems to be hidden well, deep in the one of the largest threads in Windlyn! The pirates sailed right through, and found my winning glory. They've buried this treasure chest quite deep, so happy hunting!

Have fun~!
Ry, Queen of Sparkles.

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:34 pm

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Re: [2015] Treasure Hunt!

Postby Akuyi » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:54 am

Those are hard. :strain:

Okay, except for the third one, that's just taxing. xD

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:34 am

Questing with my trusty steed Oculus in the lands of Vee-Ar.

Postby Ryvvi » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:46 am

haha sorry!
you have no idea how much i struggled with the hints
too hard, then too easy
so much difficult T_T

Postby Akuyi » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:57 am

Yeah I've organized an event like this before, I know the feeling! xD

But I am super bad at solving riddles, so my inability to solve them must not mean that they really are all that hard, haha!

Postby murmurlade » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:06 am

ahhh you beat me to it ryvvi :) i was about to make a thread like this!
i found the second one, but the largest thread has me confused hehe. I assumed it was kit's but i've gone through all your posts and found nothing wwwwwww

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:34 pm

----------------------------------------
taugeeee @ twitter / deviantart / gaia
currently: questing bubble wings

always semi-hiatus due to work
please ping me if you want a reply.
----------------------------------------

Postby Ryvvi » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:31 am

Akuyi oh man im pretty terrible at riddles too :distress: im always way too literal about it! I had to have Diana help me in the end for these~

murmurlade Oh my gosh im actually so glad i beat you to it! (sorry) ive had this event in mind since like... June or July and spent aaages trying to think of a good event game :cheer: i think i wouldve cried a little (a lot) if youd beaten me to it xD but yeah, sorry to ruin your plans!
Also dont forget you either need to quote the post or screenshot it for me to count it as found! i dont want you missing out :)

Postby Akuyi » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:39 am

Yeah, there was this one riddle about who has the hat my friends from university kept playing whenever there were some big meetups. It took me about a year or so to figure it out. One of these "who has the hat" sessions was when we were on our way home from fresher's week and there was a junior student with us. I still hadn't solved it then and that small guy listened to us for a few minutes and then figured it out just like that! Made me feel so stupid. But well, he's not at university at young age for nothing, haha! xD

And yes, murmurlade, share your wisdom with us!

Postby Akuyi » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:49 am

I found it, too!
If you don't post evidence soon, I will claim it! :D

Postby Akuyi » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:07 am

Oooh I found the third one!

Ryvvi wrote:the odds should favour mee!

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=36&sk=a&start=2250#p60226

Although I must say, the Word Association thread is bigger. xD

Postby Ryvvi » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:32 am

Akuyi is it?! frick. well. even though i clearly cant fact check, congrats!

Postby Akuyi » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:37 am

Thanks! :cheer:

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:40 am

The first hint is so confusing. I think it's the wording, like it makes no sense.... "A hero is a daily a sparkle . . ." makes no sense... o-o

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:34 am

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:59 am

I found one, though Idk which one it was referring to.

Ryvvi wrote:spaaarkle

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=151#p1911

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:34 am

Postby Akuyi » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:22 am

That's the second. :D

Postby murmurlade » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:36 am

oops, sorry for not quoting it haha :^)
ive been out of it the entire day
congrats though akuyi+monkey!