Site-wide events run by the Windlyn Team!

Project Summerway

Project Summerway

Postby Zombie Bunny » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:22 pm

Hello Winners,
Now that the spring festival is over… I’m sure you have all noticed the temperature raising around here! I figured, why not match the heat with some hot new fashion B)!

I need your help to find the hottest new fashion trends! Since it’s the HOTTEST fashion B)… why don’t you all CANNONBALL on in with some cool summer threads B)?! Nothing says “fun in the sun” quite like a fashion show B)! Wait, that’s not a common saying?! Hm…

I’m on the hunt for the hottest ways to stay cool B), the style that’s hotter than a backyard bbq, the oceanic trends that make everyone wave… you get the idea B).
To impress me for this contest, design an item that shows off what summer means to you!

Anyways… all you have to do to enter is take this nice template I have here for you, and draw me an item! Any paint program works, but I would suggest using one with layers and transparency! After you’re done, pop over to the art contest submission page, select “Project Summerway” as your contest, and upload your item! This contest will be open open until Friday, May 20th, so be sure to get your entries in before then!

And now, for the best part... OF COURSE the latest chosen designers wouldn’t go without some kind of fabulous reward for their efforts! From the three chosen designers, all will receive the item they created in each color plus one for a friend, free of charge!

1st Place:
      This designer will receive 500 feathers, and an glorious inflatable paintbrush to commemorate your summery success B)!
    2nd Place:
      This designer will receive 250 feathers, and a marvelous inflatable paintbrush to help you make a splash in the fashion world B)!
    3rd Place:
      This designer will receive 100 feathers, and an adorable inflatable paintbrush to help keep you and your fashion dreams afloat B)!

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:23 am

Image Image Image

Re: Project Summerway

Postby Zombie Bunny » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:23 pm

Instructions:
  1. Draw your item with Windlyn’s base, found right here! (it’s a png so you can also draw on a layer behind it!)
  • Use the base to design something that expresses your feelings for summer
  • Sit back, grab yourself a cold drink, and relax. You did it!

Note: You will not be judged on your drawing ability, or how close you can get it to Windlyn’s style. This is an item design contest. We want to see your creativity shine! Like the sun :cool:!

FAQ
Can I submit a whole set?
    Please only submit one item at a time. It helps make everything more clear for us!

Can I submit multiple entries?
    Absolutely! Please make sure you submit different designs, not recolors of the same item design. You may submit more than one entry, but only one of your designs can win!

Can I resize the base I downloaded?
    The base provided for your item is the same size as the avatars themselves, so we strongly suggest you use the dimensions provided. If you are drawing traditionally, this may be a bit difficult, but try your best! Wouldn’t want some of your idea getting cut off!

See general FAQ for some answers to more questions!

Postby Zombie Bunny » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:24 pm

Winners!

FIRST PLACE:
Chewymint!

SECOND PLACE:
Firia!

THIRD PLACE:
Lemon Cheesecake!

Good luck! Winners will be announced at the end of the competition!

Postby Zombie Bunny » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:29 pm

And we're open!

Feel free to chat about the contest or ask questions!

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:11 pm

Crap I think I lost the butt cape and boot designs
Guess I'll redraw them...

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:23 am

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:14 pm

I'm going to try. I already have one idea.

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:17 pm

HALLELUJAH I STILL HAVE THEM
It's just one of the sets I had outlined is missing part of it, but I can't submit those anyway

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:35 pm

what a fabulous idea! It was so much fun seeing what people came up with for a past novalia winter event I can't wait to see what people come up with for summer!

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:55 pm

So if it's like an outfit, we need to submit each piece separately? Even if they go together?

Postby Zombie Bunny » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:31 am

You can do either! Just keep in mind if some part of the outfit is covered up with another part of the outfit, we might not be able to see it if you put them all together. However, if you win, only one of the items will be made.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:39 am

Okay. It all shows when put together anyway, lol.

Postby Zombie Bunny » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:13 am

On second though, it would probably be better to submit them seperately!

Postby Zombie Bunny » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:24 am

We had a slight hiccup, which let us exterminate a few little bugs. Please try to resubmit your entries if you did so already!

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:53 am

Like, when an outfit has like 2 pieces that are meant to go together, it's kind of worrying to me since only one of mine can win and it wouldn't be right to have half of an outfit to win. Like a two piece bathing suit, lol. But those are just my thoughts.

I don't know if you would consider something like a 2 piece bathing suit a single item or 2 separate items. Like, they belong together, they're just 2 pieces.

Postby Zombie Bunny » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:06 am

for a two piece bathing suit, that could probably be submitted together as one item. It wouldn't be released as two items, just one. We'd probably just put that in the bottoms layer.

Next

Return to Events