Site-wide events run by the Windlyn Team!

[CNY2022] Flower Market

[CNY2022] Flower Market

Postby Diana » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:32 pm

Gong Hei Fat Choi!

The Flower Market is moving in on February 1st, 2022. For two weeks, the streets will be blocked off and all kinds of vendors will be setting up shop. Each seller has some traditionally favourable items that celebrate the lunar new year, and hopefully, will bring you luck in the year to come.

Pedestrians come from all over Windlyn to see the traveling faire, and you're no exception!

But all these stalls can be overwhelming! You want everything, but only have so much money! Not to worry. The stall keepers are willing to buy some of your goods, and are willing to even pay a good price depending on their own stock. If you get tired walking between stalls, there's lots of areas for you to sit and enjoy your spoils, resting your feet until you're ready to go on.

Get ready to tackle the Flower Market!

Site Admin

Local time: Thu May 02, 2024 8:14 pm

Re: [CNY2022] Winners

Postby Diana » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:32 pm

Congrats to our winners!
  1. Ashton
  2. Lemon Cheesecake
  3. Gingerale

As you play in the Flower Market, you will accrue points.

After the event is over (Feb 15th), the Moon Lord Badge will be awarded to whoever places at the top of the leaderboard.

You don't want to miss out on this chance to get some rare profile flair!

Just for playing, there's all kinds of prizes available for you to redeem. Breach the point threshold on each reward to claim it! Prizes reset daily so if you keep playing you can get duplicates.

Site Admin

Re: [CNY2022] How to Play

Postby Diana » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:33 pm

How To Play

Visit the Flower Market to get started, you've budgeted for starting with 100 funds every day.

Your unused funds and the value of all the items in your backpack are added up to make your points. These points are used to redeem prizes.

The market and all the rewards you can claim reset every day at midnight PST.

Traveling
Spend one move point to move to a stall and browse their wares.

Spent all your move points already? Take a break! Move points passively refresh every 30 minutes. Or you can opt to fully refresh your energy stores right away once they've depleted. Thanks coffee!

Buying
Buy items by dragging them from a shop to your backpack and saving the arrangement once you like it.

Be careful what you pick! You can only carry so much!

Each item has a base value. Shops indicate the variance from the base value with arrows to help you understand the market. If they have an up arrow, it costs more than usual! Be wary when buying these and see if you can increase your profits.

Selling
Don't want an item anymore? Need more room? See a good price?

See the "Sell" tab on the stall you're at to see what they're willing to buy it for. Drag the item from your inventory to the sell box.

Like in their stock, shopkeepers show arrows to indicate what they're willing to buy relative to the base value. Sometimes they really need something! Help them out, and increase your own pocket change by selling items with up arrows.

Shop Stock
Shops take inventory every 2 hours, and prices and inventory change! Even if you think you've seen one shop, it might have something different next time you look!

Tips
Buy low, sell high, have fun :grin_wink:

Site Admin

[CNY2022] Updates

Postby Diana » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:33 pm

Updates

• [2022-01-31] Fixed issue where move point refresh confirmation dialog didn't tell you what it cost :embarassed:
  • [2022-02-02] Added new items to claimable rewards!

Site Admin

Re: [CNY2022] Flower Market

Postby Diana » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:52 pm

Kicking off a little early cause I can't wait!! :scream:

Site Admin

Postby ShiroGEM » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:23 pm

Super hyped for this event!!! I've had so many good memories of the flower fair and have been missing it during COVID but now I can relive it on here B)

Local time: Fri May 03, 2024 11:14 am

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Postby Gingerale » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:15 pm

Are we just doing a stock market kind of thing so the object is to buy & sell , or do we keep the items we buy from the stalls? Like, are they actual items? Or is the point to just earn enough to get items in the claim prize section?

Local time: Thu May 02, 2024 7:14 pm

Postby Ashton » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:31 pm

i dont understand any of it

Local time: Thu May 02, 2024 11:14 pm

Postby Diana » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:39 pm

Gingerale wrote:Are we just doing a stock market kind of thing so the object is to buy & sell , or do we keep the items we buy from the stalls? Like, are they actual items? Or is the point to just earn enough to get items in the claim prize section?

Like a stock market! The items in the market are not equippable. The prizes you redeem in the Claim tab might be though!

Site Admin

Postby Ashton » Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:52 pm

will it be same prizes everyday or will they change?

Local time: Thu May 02, 2024 11:14 pm

Postby Diana » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:53 am

We might add something here or there! I'll announce if there's anything new!

Site Admin

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:13 am

A challenge
That I will probably struggle to remember to do lol

Local time: Thu May 02, 2024 10:14 pm

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby silverberry » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:12 am

this is a very cute concept! i just wish there was something like a basket for the stalls, so i just have to drag all my wares to it first then hit 'sell' only once, instead of having to do click on the confirmation box for every single item. it gets weary fast when i have a backpack full of oranges!

Local time: Fri May 03, 2024 11:14 am

https://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/event/eggHunt/partyCrasher2.png

They/them
Hangout Thread | CK Art Album

Images used belongs to Windlyn and their artists - slightly edited to prevent confusion for current event.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:35 am

Salted eggs are 4 right now at green stall although it looks like prices will change in less then 30 minutes.

I buy them at 4 and sell them at 20 in the red stall.

Ashton: click on the buy tab to see what costs are.
Buy items that have a down arrow. Oranges like silverberry has, you can generally buy them for 1 and sell them from 2 to 5.
I bought the dragon for 50 and sold him for 70 but he takes up a lot of room.
The best stock exchange has been the salted eggs. I have seen them in the sell market for 30! so fill up on those at 4 and you can make a lot of points. Go to the claim button and click on each one that lights up claim. It looks like you can get ones everyday.
*Make sure you check both buy and sell from the booth before leaving. Try to buy at one and unload and then buy at another and unload what you can for the best price.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:11 pm

Salted eggs are selling for 27 at the purple booth right now.

Next

Return to Events