Site-wide events run by the Windlyn Team!

Happy Novalia Lottery! (Last Lottery!)

Happy Novalia Lottery! (Last Lottery!)

Postby Camilia » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:18 pm

Welcome to the Official Novalia Lottery!

Welcome, welcome! Today marks the first day of the Novalia celebration!
I'm so excited! Eeee~

I've already got my special Novalia outfit on, in the official Novalia colours- silver and blue! Isn't it just sooo pretty? But anyways! We're here to make some feathers, not talk about my gorgeous little outfit!
So here's how it's gonna work! Each day in the Novalia celebration, leading up until the grand day at the end, from December 22nd until the 31st I'm going to be hosting a lottery for all of you!

It's minimal pay in, but some pretty good payouts! Perfect for saving those feathers when the shops open up in the new year!

So, if you're kind enough to stick with me, grab some traditional mushbean cocoa ( I call it mushybean.. ) -- It's not as bad as it sounds, really! -- we're going to hop right into this and I'll explain everything about Novalia and this lottery! So come on in!

[NPC]

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:27 am

Re: Happy Novalia Lottery!

Postby Camilia » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:19 pm

A little history on Novalia!

So, as I mentioned before, Novalia is actually the name for two different things. It's the term used for the entire ten day long celebration, but the last day at the very end is also just called Novalia. Think of it like, in the human world, you have your whole Christmas holidays, but during those you have an actual Christmas day! It's the same thing! See? We're not so different!

However, Novalia is at the very end. The laaaaast day of the year. After Novalia, we start it all again next year! Exciting, isn't it?! I can hardly wait! Ahem, okay. So, there's a few things that go on during Novalia. There are two main holidays within Novalia, but each day we celebrate something else specific that we're either thankful for, or that we wish to have for the new year. It's traditional things like harvests, health, happiness.. You know~ We pick this time of year, because all across the world of Windlyn, every night for those ten days you can see gorgeous borealis lights that dance across the sky! It's soo pretty! They're pink and green and blue and purple and.. Well, I think you get it. Anyways! You can see these lights during the ten days, but riiiight in the middle, the night of the fourth and morning of the fifth day they are SO bright! This special day we have a holiday within Novalia called Fete! Fete is a super special day where aside from celebrating everything that we're thankful for, we worship the goddess Aurora.

Lemme break it down for you, on the night of the fourth, the Eve of Fete, all day we have a big party and a giiaanntt feast. Then when the sun goes down and those lights start sparkling up the sky with their beautiful ribbons of colour, we have our Dance of the Dawn! The dance is pretty straight forward- we dance, until dawn! We do this because Aurora is the goddess of the Dawn, and we worship her and thank her for a year of sunshine and happiness, and for lighting up the world every single day! I mean, it's gotta be a tough job! Then when morning rolls around on the fifth day, this is Fete. And we celebrate Aurora the whole day! It's so much fun!

Aside from that, at the end we have the Eve of Novalia, and then Novalia itself. But these are pretty straightforward. It's more partying, more feasting, and then after a lot of sleeping! Hehe~ I hope you enjoyed this little history lesson! During Novalia, we're going to be setting up a thread for it in the Lore forum, so you can all chat about it and celebrate your own holiday traditions from your part of Windlyn! I can't wait to see you there!

[NPC]

Postby Camilia » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:22 pm

How the Lottery is going to work!

Okay, now we're getting to the good stuff! The can-do! The part I know you've been waiting for! Let's explain how the lottery is going to work!

Each day, starting on December 22nd, up until the last day of Novalia on the 31st, we will have a small pay-in amount to be eligible for the lottery draws! On Fete and Novalia, we will be having additional prizes, but that comes in later..

Each person will be required to pay the fee by donating the required amount to yours truly! Once I've received it, I'll put your name down on a little list here, and you will be allowed to participate in the lottery!

Each day, the lottery will go like this. We'll have a few sets of numbers that we generated just for you! Each "set" will have a fee you pay to sign up for it, and you can be eligible for whichever ones you decide to. You can pick just one, or all of them! The more variety of sets you pay into, the bigger your chances are of winning! But this also means the more you pay into, the more feathers you have at risk! So it's a tough call! You can play it safe, or risk it all! Hehe, I rhymed again.. So anyways!

We'll have a list of the generated number sets, how much the pot is up to, and who all is eligible to win that specific set! After you pay the starting fee to be eligible for your first lottery, you will receive three free rolls! Once you roll, check to see if your set matches one of the ones above! Remember, you can only win the pot for ones you've signed up for! If you match a set that you didn't sign up for, you can't win it! Also, if you win a set though, you aren't eligible to win multiple times a day, even if you did sign up for multiple sets! So be careful!

[NPC]

Postby Camilia » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:27 pm

The Numbers:

all righty, this is the part you'll be checking out most! This will be updated every single day with new number sets, winners, and updated constantly with all your lovely little details for the lottery, so let's get started!

* we realize that the trading system isn't up yet, so unfortunately for all payments, use the "donation" button, and donate all payments to camilia. In the donation comment box let us know what you're signing up for, then just donate it! Please let us know the amount of what you're donating for, and if possible, do it in bulk. If you plan to sign up for multiple sets, or plan to have multiple extra rolls, try to add it up. We don't mind if you decide to do it separately on a whim either! Donations are instant, so you may use your rolls when you like! To prevent cheating, if somebody wins, we will be looking over the donation logs to make sure you actually did sign up and pay properly!

Day 1 - Day of Harvests
[+] SPOILER
Set #1

4, 2, 7, 7, 1

Current Pot: 90 feathers
eligible: patches, cookie

winner: cookie

set #2

2, 2, 3, 5, 8

current pot: 110 feathers
eligible: patches, satan, cookie

winner: satan

set #3

3, 3, 8, 9, 1

current pot: 90 feathers
eligible: satan, cookie

set #4

8, 2, 7, 2, 9

eligible: satan, cookie

winner: cookie & satan

set #5

7, 9, 6, 1, 2

eligible: aylus, cookie

winner: cookie

Day 2 - Day of Good Health
[+] SPOILER
set #1

1, 6, 3, 5, 3

current pot: 90 :feather:
eligible: diana, patches

winner: patches

set #2

3, 2, 2, 1, 1

winner: patches

set #3

7, 3, 2, 6, 6

winner: patches & diana

set #4

9, 4, 3, 4, 1

winner: diana

set #5

9, 7, 5, 2, 6

winner: patches & diana

Day 3 - Day of Celebrating Loved Ones
[+] SPOILER
set #1

9, 7, 5, 2, 6

current pot:110 :feather:
eligible: (-o-), satan, cookie

set #2

9, 4, 3, 4, 1

current pot: 110 :feather:

winner: (-o-)

set #3

7, 3, 2, 6, 6

winner:tie: satan cookie

set #4

3, 2, 2, 1, 1

winner: tie: all three.

set #5

1, 6, 3, 5, 3

winner: tie- satan and (-o-)

Day 4 - Eve of Fete
[+] SPOILER
diana wrote:was done in a post cause lazy and it was christmas.
for the numbers, click here.
satan was only participant.

Day 5 - Fete! (Special Lottery)
[+] SPOILER
set #1

7, 6, 5, 1, 3

current pot: 500 :r_wing: !
eligible: (-o-),satan

winner: (-o-)

set #2

4, 4, 4, 8, 4

current pot: 140 :feather:

winner: (-o-), satan

set #3

7, 1, 5, 7, 6

current pot: 140 :feather:

winner: (-o-), satan

Day 6 - Day of Resting

Lime wrote:Since today is the day of resting, we won't be having a lottery today! Sorry for the inconvenience!

Day 7 - Day of Wealth
[+] SPOILER
(pots are at 100 to start today.)
set #1

3, 8, 8, 3, 4

current pot: 120 :feather:
eligible: Satan

winner: Satan

set #2

5, 1, 4, 9, 9

set #3

9, 6, 9, 2, 2

set #4

3, 1, 6, 2, 7

set #5

1, 2, 2, 6, 6

Day 8 - Day of Luck
[+] SPOILER
set #1

2, 4, 3, 7, 8

current pot: 50 :feather:
eligible: --

winner: --

set #2

8, 9, 2, 1, 5

set #3

4, 2, 4, 2, 5

set #4

4, 7, 2, 1, 4

set #5

2, 4, 3, 7, 8

Day 10 - Novalia Day!
Numbers are here!

[NPC]

Postby Camilia » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:53 pm

Prices & The How-To!

Okay, so now that you've gotten a good ol' gander at what you'll be rolling for, here's what you do!

Each sign up is 20 :Feather: ! Once you pay the fee, you automatically get 3 free rolls! You get three rolls per sign up. So if you sign up for all five sets per day, that's 15 free rolls!

You may sign up for as many sets per day as you like!
The minimal amount of payment for entering would be one set, at 20 :Feather:
The maximum amount of payment for entering would be 5 sets for a total of 100 :Feather:

Everybody who signs up gets 3 free rolls, plus 10 :Feather: per extra roll after that!

However! You can only win once a day, so when you win a pot, you cannot win anymore for that day! Even if you're signed up for multiple sets! This is to make sure everybody get a fair chance at winning. The only time a user will be eligible to win multiple times a day, is if by the end of the day nobody has won a set, and you are the only person signed up, you win it by default! However, if there is multiple people signed up and the set has not been won, the people with the most winning numbers in the correct spot will win! Ties will split the pot! Yippee!

Also, if you have used up your free rolls, and you would like to purchase extra ones, each extra roll will cost 10 :Feather: ! If you would like to sign up for a new set, or purchase multiple extra rolls, please hit the 'Donate' button, enter the amount of feathers it will cost, and in the comment box just tell me what you're getting! It's super easy! It might look something like this:

[+] SPOILER
"I'm going to sign up for sets #1 and #2 today! And for now I'm going to get 3 extra rolls on top of my free 3. It comes to 70 feathers, so sending the trade now!"

Two sign ups is 20, equaling 40!
Plus three extra rolls is 10 a piece, for 30 total.
So it's a small fee of 70 :Feather: !

Then you hit the "Donation" button, send the correct amount to yours truly! It's a piece of cake!

If you only buy one roll at a time, or decide to nab an extra one on a whim, you don't need to PM or post letting us know! We'll count them up, don't worry! But if you do plan to use multiple ones, it would be easier to guess how many you might want and do it at once! This prevents clutter in our donation logs!

You also don't have to wait for confirmation! Once you pay, you may roll immediately! In the instance that you win, we will be checking over all donation logs to make sure we don't have anybody cheating before we give out the prizes!

You cannot roll, and then purchase a set and win that set with past numbers. You have to be signed up for that set before you roll or it won't count! Please use common sense, and do not cheat! I will be checking all logs and watching!

So, how do you roll you might ask?

In this forum here, once you have signed up for a set, and paid your feathers, you will use the dice function at the top of your post editor to roll 5 numbers between 1-9! Just click on the button that says "dice", and enter in "5d9" and then just hit the little "submit" button and you're good to go! Once your post submits, then that's the exciting part! Check your numbers, and see if you've won! If you do, PM me with a quote of your post, and once we've checked everything out, you'll win the pot!

[NPC]

Postby Camilia » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:20 pm

:L_Wing: Reserved, juuuust in case! :R_Wing:

[NPC]

Postby Camilia » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:21 pm

:L_Wing: OPEN! :R_Wing:

[NPC]

Postby Aylus » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:53 pm

Heeey I'll get ya'll started. I'll sign up for set #5 for 20 :Feather: as a test runn.

I'll send in my :Feather:'s after I post this so yes here goes my rollioli

[dice]5d9[/dice]

"Here I go! Everything I've got. One! Two! Three! Overlord Reign Impact!!"

Postby Diana » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:08 pm

Test Roll.
Diana rolled 5d9:
9, 9, 4, 1, 8

I fixed it.
you have to make a new post and roll again for it to work. My bad, forgot to change a setting.

Site Admin

Postby Patches » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:08 pm

Patches rolled 5d9:
1, 5, 9, 8, 8

Patches rolled 5d9:
9, 9, 1, 4, 4

Let's seeeee! I bet on #1 and #2. Goin' with the basics!

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:27 am

Postby Aylus » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:09 pm

with the fixed dice;;

Aylus rolled 5d9:
7, 5, 2, 5, 8

Postby Satan » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:23 pm

I hope I'm doing this right.

I'd like to try for set 2 for 20 :Feather:

Sending my :Feather: s now.

Postby Satan » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:26 pm

Satan rolled 5d9:
4, 7, 8, 3, 1

Satan rolled 5d9:
2, 2, 1, 7, 7

Satan rolled 5d9:
3, 2, 5, 8, 5

Postby Satan » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:27 pm

I'll go ahead and sign up for set 3 and 4 as well, and I think that will be it for me.

Sending now.

Postby Satan » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:29 pm

For set 3
Satan rolled 5d9:
1, 2, 3, 2, 3

Satan rolled 5d9:
3, 4, 5, 5, 1

Satan rolled 5d9:
2, 3, 8, 7, 5