What Era?

If you could time travel once, which direction would you go?

To the good ol' past!
32%
Forwards... To the future!
40%
Neither! I'll stay right here!
28%

Total votes : 25

What Era?

Postby Diana » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:13 pm

It is that time again... Time for another for-funsies poll!

The premise:
You've been given the opportunity to travel through time, and live the rest of your life in the era of your choice!
Do you go forwards? Backwards? Or do you kindly refuse the offer?

If you choose to act on your chance, why did you pick your destination? Do you have a specific year and area in mind?

Site Admin

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 11:16 pm

Re: What Era?

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:26 pm

The past so I can fix the mistakes I made...... There's no specific date, if I can travel more than once in the past and had the okay to be able to change things for the better, that's exactly what I'd do.

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 1:16 am

Postby Mousy » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:34 pm

ONWARD to the future!! I will fast forward to the day where I get the phone call that a particular situation is done and over with. for good! I don't want to miss too much of my life, but I would like to skip this part.

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 12:16 am

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby Akuyi » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:20 am

I feel like people are talking about different interpretations of time traveling, the one where you travel, body and all, and the one where just your mind gets transferred to the younger/older version of yourself.

The latter isn't really suited for talking about eras, but talking about short-term stuff I don't really feel like re-doing anything over again or skipping out on it either.

As for the former, I'd love to be able to see what the future would be like or live a day in a middle ages time once, but I'd never wanna spend my remaining life there. Because I'd never survive in a past era and I probably wouldn't want to live in the future because I feel like (in case we wouldn't have wiped our species off the planet yet) machines deciding for us and surveillance will only increase. Although I might like a future where I could play VRMMOs. But only if there are still anime to watch, too. xD

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 7:16 am

Questing with my trusty steed Oculus in the lands of Vee-Ar.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:39 pm

I wish I could time travel and get to just go for a day or two to different eras as well... mainly to dress in the styles of the day - I love the gowns of the middle ages, also the Victorian period etc, downtown abbey time period piques my interest (but I'd have to be rich) but can't say I'd be too happy with no bathrooms, the plague and other incidences to deal with in some of those time periods. Can I be like the Dr instead? (have my own Tardis?) :strain:

If I could I'd like to be 5 years old again but I really wouldn't want to have to relive the same childhood events in my life. If I could only stay 5! :cry:

I've been too spoiled with modern technology... can't imagine living without it, so I'd have to refuse if it meant living my life out in a particular era instead of just visiting. Besides, I'd miss my family if they couldn't come with me! :grin:

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:08 am

I feel like I could convince my younger self that I'm from the future and tell them that whatever I do, to not do the specific things that gave me a lot of regrets. Or even go back and be that younger self again and redo it without having to explain myself. However I can to change things.....

But them dem paradoxes.....

Postby ShiroGEM » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:45 pm

I would stay right here because technology is all fine and dandy and quite frankly I'm afraid of the future... xD

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 2:16 pm

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Postby Watery Star » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:58 pm

There's been so many improvements over time that I wouldn't want to go back in the past when things were harder. I'm worried about the future. It seems highly likely that the sea levels will raise so much that it encroaches into our cities. As boring as it sounds I'm comfortable where I am.

Postby ShiroGEM » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:35 am

@Watery Star
Omg you feel me too! Especially with things like climate change and COP21 in Paris, I really don't want to find out how things end. ; u ;

Postby Watery Star » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:42 am

It's scary to think about! It would be nice to think about the future having cured cancer but all I can think about is all the impending doom we'll face.

Postby ShiroGEM » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:55 am

Welp, there's good things and there's bad things and some things will come earlier than others. /o/ Is there anything good you're looking forward to though?

Postby Watery Star » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:03 am

I'm hoping to get on disability. Being able to travel into the future when I get it would be kind of nice. Everything is pretty much on hold until I get it.

Postby ShiroGEM » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:31 am

Ahh good luck with that then! ouo I'm looking forward to getting out of school when I graduate because there's so many assessments coming up.

Postby dragoness129 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:29 pm

Plus, if you go back in the past and change things around, then there would be butterfly effects happening in the present.

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 2:16 am

Currently Seeking: Pumpkin Pile Halloween 2014 and Observatory background
[Quest]

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:49 pm

shiro... only a little while and you will be done... in the scheme of things it is a very short time, but you should hopefully have something to achieve for it. Try to gain skills that will benefit you in getting a good paying job.

Watery: that must be frustrating, disability sounds discouraging, I am so sorry you are not feeling well. I hope you will be able to get back to feeling better and able to do more soon.

dragoness: did you watch the movie "butterfly effect" ? It was like that, no matter how hard he tried to fix things, he kept making things worse.

Next

Return to polls