39%
Savory!
24%
I can't decide!
37%

Total votes : 70

Re: Favourite kind of food?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:23 pm

I like Tahoe Joe's for steak...but they might just be a western chain?

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 8:01 pm

Postby ShiroGEM » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:31 pm

Haha I'm not allowed to eat steak most of the time, since my mom is religious and she believes killing cows are a sin. (But I don't see why I can't eat it still.)

It is!? I always thought it was kind of like meals on plates.
That's sad, but the joke is funny. xD I hate it when the restaurants I love close down. (Krispy Kreme in Hong Kong whyyyy?)

Golden Corral it is then. ovo/

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 11:01 am

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:55 pm

I hate the thought of an animal dying for me to be able to eat it but unfortunately I like the taste of it. So I just have to put the other part out of my mind. That's a little harder to do when you see a whole fish that has been cooked sitting on a plate, or a whole crab, never mind if it is a whole pig like a luau pig (ugh can't do that one).

So what do you eat for protein then?

Postby ShiroGEM » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:31 am

Same, I think of it as the natural cycle of life, although I am against animal cruelty. I'd rather kill animals to be eaten since we are omnivores, but I just hate hearing about them being used as testing experiments for make up products or whatever.

Our family mostly eats fish, pork and chicken. ^^ I don't mind, they taste good as well.

Postby Ryvvi » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:41 am

killing for food im fine with, because it is a natural way of life (even if humans have a massively unfair advantage) buuut the way they treat them pre-slaughter is wrong, as well as yeah cosmetic testing and science experiments :/
Favourite meat is lamb! which is apparently a specialty meat in america? which is weird xD

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 2:01 pm

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby ShiroGEM » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:47 am

Omg yes! I feel so sad every time I watch a clip about how cramped the spaces are in those places, and so much antibiotics are being fed to them as well. Did you know some large farms feed arsenic to chickens in small amounts so that their flesh looks red and fresh??
I love lamb as well, lamb chops with pepper. //drools/ I thought beef was the specialty meat in America. xD

Postby Watery Star » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:59 pm

Beef is common here in America. Had ground beef with rice and peas tonight for dinner.

I have a big sweet tooth. I'd limit myself to chicken and fish for the savory but I don't think my boyfriend would appreciate that. We had pork a couple weeks ago and that surprised me because we don't normally eat that.

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 10:01 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:59 pm

i think what kind of meat that is prevently eaten depends on the country/culture and how readily available the animal is. Sheep were easier to ship and raise - less space, less food to feed- and had more benefits ( wool,milk,skin,fertilizer from poop, and generally had 2 babies versus a cows one) so Australia and other countries tended to raise those.

Cows and buffalo did well in the open spaces of America and Canada that had large grass fields.

Arabic countries tended to do more goat and sheep because both are better at climbing hillsides and will eat the food to the ground. Costs less to raise. Probably why some countries gave cows a special status - more rare.

Postby Ryvvi » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:48 am

and lamb is waaaay more delicious
/not biased at all

Postby Watery Star » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:54 am

I haven't thought about it that way but it makes sense that different livestock would thrive in different parts of the world than others. I was stuck in the mentality that lambs are too cute to eat.

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 10:01 pm

Postby dragoness129 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:53 pm

Hmm, I am not sure what kind of food I like best.
I love both sweet and savory foods. Fooooood -drool- ^_^

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 11:01 pm

Currently Seeking: Pumpkin Pile Halloween 2014 and Observatory background
[Quest]

Postby ShiroGEM » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:26 pm

That is true, but since mass production is a lot common now, I'd say that's bound to change. ;u;

Postby Ryvvi » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:37 pm

not always! its often too expensive for livestock to be shipped overseas~ so unless theres something that causes a maassive demand shift to overseas, its probs not really cost effective enough to be worth it!
plus there was a big deal a little while ago about where australia was shipping some of its livestock, and the animal cruelty groups were saying they were being treated awfully in shipping + when they arrived so, theres that as well

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:53 am

something about the fat taste of the lamb I just can't do...upsets my stomach

noooo ... no lamb for me...if I ever make it to Australia and visit you...please, no lamb (feed me fruit and veggies if you can)

<although I don't do well eating any fatty meat, I have to eat it lean>

are there any types of fruit/veggies particular to where you live?

Postby Ryvvi » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:08 pm

ill feed you kangaroo then xD
nothing super particular, but when i visited mousy i noticed the fresh fruit/veg section of the stores in america were more reliant on seasonal changes? and smaller! so much smaller. I thought the carrots they had were mini ones xD
Like pumpkin.. i was over during christmas and there wasnt any because it wasnt in season? buut for us its year long~! some fruits are seasonal only, but not many

PreviousNext

Return to polls