2%
pumpkin lanterns
24%
pumpkin- away from me!
16%

Total votes : 45

Re: Pumpkin Poll

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:47 pm

pumpkin in food generally has the cinnamon and spices added while normally, plain, it isn't, in my opinion, too flavorful. (with squash what you add makes a big difference to enhance the flavor! - like lots of butter!)

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 4:11 am

Postby Watery Star » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:30 am

I learned how plain some food is by itself from Top Chef. There are some tried a true pairings that really bring out the flavor.

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 6:11 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:21 pm

I had a pumpkin latte at Mcdonald's, it was actually quite smooth and flavorful (I imagine the milk and spice is a mix added to coffee? Where Starbuck's is steamed milk with flavoring added to coffee?)

Postby Watery Star » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:42 am

I just found a starbucks giftcard and looked up what I would want from them.

We build on our rich espresso and cold milk with notes of maple syrup, pecan and brown butter, then add in ice. It's finished with a beautiful sugar topping, creating a can't-miss autumn latte.

I was thinking about getting that but probably just get a cappuccino.

I really wish I had someone to share a pie with. Maybe the grocery store sells it by the slice too?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:09 pm

I had a discount for a green tea latte at starbuck's so I got one today - she put A LOT of green tea in it...I had to dilute it when I got home!

I tried the maple pecan latte hot and it wasn't very strong in the maple flavor. I like the white chocolate raspberry mocha at Starbuck's. I generally get my drinks hot but I will get a hazelnut frapp on hot days. But if I get a regular brew and get half coffee and half milk then it is a good consistency and cheaper. If you connect your gift card to your rewards card then you can earn points AND with the rewards card you could sit and work on your lap top at the starbuck's and get free refill's on a regular brew cup.

Postby Watery Star » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:46 pm

I guess it's better than the tea being too weak. *shrug*
We rarely go to Starbucks. I can't remember the last time I went. Don't have a laptop anymore but wouldn't be able to use it in a shop. Get it get out, go home.
I like frapps but it's gotten too cool for one.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:15 pm

I think you can get frozen pie by the slice - key lime - mousse- but I have noticed the grocery store sells single slices of cake. sometimes all you crave is a single slice and the rest you just eat because you don't want it to go to waste...and it tastes so good. (Pumpkin pie is kind of like that for me, one or two slices and I am done).

So I went to an event and they put cinnamon in the whipped cream...they served their's with pumpkin pie but I think I would have liked to try that in hot chocolate or coffee. Cool idea, something simple but it added a nice flavor.

Previous

Return to polls