Sculpting, jewelry making, sewing, knitting, photography- Anything that uses your hands!

Smart Doll

Moderator: Ryvvi

Smart Doll

Postby Sans » Tue May 03, 2016 9:10 pm

I saw that we have a BJD thread, but I wanted to make a special individual thread for the type of doll that I am most interested in.
You may have seen in the other BJD thread, I own Mirai and my mother owns Chitose. I am looking to get Harmony and/or Kizuna. My dream doll would be Kizuna in cocoa color with Ebony's eyes and a blonde short wig. I have met Danny Choo myself and feel connected with these dolls deeply. They are good quality and give me nice feelings in my heart. I myself would recommend them to anyone looking for a quality doll.
If you have not heard of Smart Doll before and want to learn about them here's the info page and store.
https://shop.smartdoll.jp/
http://www.dannychoo.com/en/post/27274/Smart+Doll.html

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:34 am

:L_Wing: Wishlist | they/them | Ducky :R_Wing:

Re: Smart Doll

Postby Zombie Bunny » Tue May 03, 2016 9:13 pm

Oh!! I'm excited for Ebony's release as well! I can't wait for them to be released as just bodies though, I want to get my own clothes lol

Image Image Image

Postby Sans » Tue May 03, 2016 9:18 pm

You mean Harmony? Ebony is already released. The bodies are so soon and I'm so excited. I've been waiting for soooo loong. Lol. My girl is from second run so I've been a fan of these for a very long time aa I'm excited

Postby Zombie Bunny » Tue May 03, 2016 9:24 pm

Yeah OTL I meant Harmony! Wow that's a long time, what run are we on now? Yeah I heard they come out on the 8th!

Postby Sans » Tue May 03, 2016 9:29 pm

Hm. Depends on the doll. Chitose might be up to 2nd right now. For Mirai..... huh.... it's been a year so I got no idea! If it was 2nd back then she should be on a pretty high run right now haha.
Yeah, the bodies are supposed to come out next week so probably around the 8th or 9th milk and tan will be out but cocoa is supposed to come out a little later after that. So maybe the week after that we'll get her? Excited!!!!!!

Postby Zombie Bunny » Tue May 03, 2016 9:39 pm

I'm really excited!!!!! I'm hoping cocoa comes soon! I think it's really cool that we're getting darker skin tones for dolls! Like, volks only has "White, semi-white, and 'normal'" which is still pretty pale, lol.

Postby Sans » Tue May 03, 2016 9:47 pm

Volks put out ONE limited tan doll I'm sure that was lighter than Ebony and was only out for one run. I'm pretty sure they didn't even come out with extra tan hands for her. Just normal and gripping hands. Thank god Danny has no plans for limited dolls with limited skin tones......

Postby Zombie Bunny » Tue May 03, 2016 9:51 pm

Yeah.... that would suck a lot.... I didn't even know about their tan doll! Limited dolls have always bothered me.

Postby Sans » Tue May 03, 2016 10:00 pm

I want Harmony so bad. She's the first vinyl doll to be that dark. I want to try and paint her nails if I get her, I think... maybe. I'm not brave with mods on my dolls...

Postby Zombie Bunny » Tue May 03, 2016 10:02 pm

Yeah! I like dolls with painted nails, they always look really pretty. What color you thinking? I'd probably go with a pastel blue or something. I think that would look really nice

Postby Sans » Tue May 03, 2016 10:11 pm

I was thinking about a neon orange or baby blue. Depends on the type of girl I want her to be. Neon is too bold if I decide to make her the shy type, ya know?

Postby Zombie Bunny » Tue May 03, 2016 10:58 pm

Mhm! I know what you mean, lol. I tend to like pastel colors on dolls a lot.

Postby Sans » Tue May 03, 2016 11:04 pm

I love pastels in general. But, I might dress my Harmony in more lively colors.

Postby Sans » Wed May 04, 2016 3:12 pm

Haha. Like I thought Kanu (the Volks doll) is not that darker than the "normal" skin tone.
Very light compared to Ebony. This is just sad.
Just another reason that I will continue to support Danny instead of Volks. Smh...

Postby Zombie Bunny » Wed May 04, 2016 4:56 pm

Yeah... that's really light compared to Ebony... It's really cool that Smart doll has darker tones.

Next

Return to Crafts