Sculpting, jewelry making, sewing, knitting, photography- Anything that uses your hands!

Smart Doll

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Smart Doll

Postby Sans » Wed May 04, 2016 5:08 pm

I really love it. I fell in love with Harmony even before the prototype photos came out and she was just a rumor. Haha.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:49 pm

:L_Wing: Wishlist | they/them | Ducky :R_Wing:

Postby Sans » Fri May 06, 2016 6:16 pm

TAN CHITOSE and HARMONY release dates confirmed.
July 4th
June or July

SOURCE: https://twitter.com/MiraiRobotics

Postby Zombie Bunny » Fri May 06, 2016 6:29 pm

!!!! Nice! I've been excited about Harmony!

Image Image Image

Postby Sans » Fri May 06, 2016 6:31 pm

I'm sure we all have been. But I'm worried about the face now because I also have Mirai like I said... uuugh only problem with these dolls is same face! Same face everywhere!! But uuuugh that color is breathtaking!!!!!

Postby Zombie Bunny » Fri May 06, 2016 6:44 pm

Yeah! It's really nice to see it! from the other pictures I've seen they're both gorgeous colors!

Postby Sans » Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

I can only hooope I'll be able to get Harmony........ sigh. If I get her I'll be sure to post pics though!!

Postby Sans » Sat May 07, 2016 6:56 pm

Such a better looking line up than the one over at the Volks booths. Haha.
Also, more of my darling Harmony.
I saw people complain that she was purple in this picture but I love it? :strain:

Postby Zombie Bunny » Sat May 07, 2016 7:04 pm

Yeah! I always did think she looked purple-ish in a few of the photos? I wonder what causes that? It's really interesting!

Postby Sans » Sat May 07, 2016 7:19 pm

Because It's mostly the official photos and not the casual photos Danny takes at booths and such, it might be because of the editing and/or camera he uses.

Postby Zombie Bunny » Sat May 07, 2016 8:56 pm

Mhm, that's what I was guessing. Sometimes with blue light, darker browns, especially reflective surfaces can appear purple-ish

Postby Sans » Thu May 12, 2016 4:38 pm

I just noticed that they changed the material for smart doll while inspecting my Mirai. She's more glossy and tanned than the newer dolls and parts. Maybe it's just with age she changed or that Danny decided to use a better vinyl?
No idea. But the new parts seem softer too. Wonder why this is...

Postby Sans » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:32 pm

Hey! The first cocoa doll was gonna be released a year ago? Haha. They're finally updating her skin.
They're also further along with development with the mechanical version. (sorry if a plastic nipple is too much for this forum)
Eiji also had a "facejob" and a slimmer body.
Current news on releases is the update to the cocoa skin tone and working on a doll for Cinderella Girls. (or whatever that idol anime is called.)

Postby Watery Star » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:31 am

Those are very nice dolls and I like that they are coming in different skin tones.
I've thought about getting a doll and customizing it to look like one of my oc's. Not a lot of options with the smart dolls yet.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:49 pm

Postby Sans » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:17 am

Watery Star wrote:Those are very nice dolls and I like that they are coming in different skin tones.
I've thought about getting a doll and customizing it to look like one of my oc's. Not a lot of options with the smart dolls yet.

For beginners in customizing (and younger collectors) Monster High/Ever After High is the best option. Smart Doll is currently around 500-700 USD. There is a lot of options with Smart Doll compared to other more expensive brands (cough Volks cough) (they may have the different heights but at least not all SD's dolls are white, white, or even whiter.)

Postby Watery Star » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:55 pm

I've heard of other people altering Monster High dolls. Yeah it is an expensive hobby isn't it?

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:49 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Crafts