Read a good book lately and want to talk about it? Need suggestions on what to read next? Want to start a book club? Write your own literature? This is the place to be!

Monkey Tales (OPEN!)

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Monkey Tales (OPEN!)

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:08 am

This is an original story idea. DO NOT STEAL!

I got this idea after making my current skeleton pirate avi*. I made a silly post how I'm a skeleton pirate looking to steal the heart of many because, well, it's a pirate and it's Valentine's Day.

The idea I came up with it rather dark.

The skeleton pirate isn't looking to find true love or any of that, I don't do romance stories.

But rather, it all hinges on the skeleton pirate's belief that if he steals the actual heart of a living person, he'll come back to life. (Hint: the skeleton pirate is the antagonist.) The protagonist has to stop him and basically save the lives of many.

Things may change, I have many ideas going through my head about this.

Local time: Sat May 18, 2024 12:28 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:30 pm

that's what I love about these Avi's - we can dress them up and make up stories for them!

Local time: Fri May 17, 2024 10:28 pm

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:11 pm

I wanna change my avi to wear the new things, but my avi is so perfect right now. I can't destroy it just yet. D:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:28 pm

absolutely save the image to your Monkey closet thread

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:34 pm

Of course...

I might go ahead and do that and change my avi, I really wanna wear the new items. I may go back to this outfit later (which was the whole point of the closet)

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:16 am

writing prompts that I'll add to first page later

~In an ironic twist, a dog really ate your homework. When you try to explain this to your teacher she says, “Come on, you can do better than that excuse.” Instead of arguing, you take that as a challenge and come up with an elaborate story as to what happened to your homework.

~You’ve been an extreme coupon cutter for years, to the point where you have gained national recognition for it. But you’ve developed a rival coupon-er named (fill in the blank). He/she has challenged you to an extreme coupon-off, with a list of specific groceries, a budget and only one day to see who can get all the items for the least amount of money. Loser can never use coupons again! Write this scene.

~In an effort to improve the health of the office, your company has issued a steps challenge—who can take the most steps in a week. The winner gets a free trip to the Bahamas (something you are determined to win). It’s come down to the final day and it’s between you and one other person in your office—and that person keeps trying to sabotage you. What happens and who wins?

~Write a story about three people who are on a road trip together, only to stop off at a gas station and pick up a fourth person whom they don’t know. Why did they pick this person up? Where are they taking him/her? What happens?

~You start training to run a marathon. Things are going well and you’ve developed a route that you like to run. One day you notice someone peeking out the window of one of the houses you pass, though you think nothing of it. But then the next day the peeper is back again. And the next day. Finally you decide to confront the peeper and knock on the door. But when the door opens, you are shocked to find out it’s someone from your past—who you thought was dead.

~A ferocious storm is moving into your town: 40 mph winds, hail, the whole deal. But you are a postal worker, and you operate no matter the weather, out you go. As you drive along, a tree branch falls in front of you and you slam into it, knocking yourself unconscious. You wake up and start hallucinating. What do you see?

Found on writer's digest site...

Postby Gingerale » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:45 pm

why does your chocolate egg keep popping up in a different spot?

Local time: Fri May 17, 2024 9:28 pm

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:53 pm

What do you mean?

It's left aligned on my siggy, so if it's a bit different, it's because of the side my avi is on when I reply. But it's always on the left side of my siggy.

Postby galled » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:49 am

And I'm always tempted to click it!!! Lol

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:31 am

lol. I am too, honestly.

I clicked it once on accident. I got too excited.

Postby Cloudy » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:44 pm

aww yiss, another writer in the midst (I freaking LOVE writing, you don't understand).

If you ever need a beta reader (i.e. proofreader) I've gotchu. Also, I have some cool prompts I could recommend you from old omegle RPs, old fanfic ideas, and writing prompts I use to practice.
(I also have some helpful websites w/ writing tips and stuff for creating a setting/plot/characters)

Local time: Sat May 18, 2024 1:28 am

Check these out!
VOCALOID Cosplay & Chat

Stay chill

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue May 02, 2017 10:39 am

Cloudy

I'll keep that in mind.

Writing prompts? Oh, yes, I'm interested!

(Also interested in the writing sites of which you speak.)

Postby Cloudy » Thu May 04, 2017 7:19 pm

I can't find my setting/plot generators at the moment (they're buried in my web bookmarks somewhere), but here are some helpful websites for finding a good character name:
-BehindTheSurname
-BehindTheName

As for writing prompts, I'm currently digging through my cluttered RP folders for old prompts and stuff. For now though, here's one of my favorite prompts. I think I might've posted a flash fiction I wrote that was based on this prompt in the Writer's Guild if you'd like to check that out.
[+] SPOILER
"I was going to get married but..."

It's *insert time of day* and you're at your local pub/bar - the one you and an old flame of yours used to go to. Your old flame had called you earlier that day/week, asking to meet up at that same pub/bar. You reluctantly complied and set a meeting time. Your hope/patience begins to falter as time flies by, convincing yourself to give them a chance for each minute or hour they're late. As you get ready to leave and pay your tab, having given up on them, your old flame shows up at the doors of the pub bar... in wedding attire?!

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu May 04, 2017 7:23 pm

OOOOOOO I like that one

Postby Cloudy » Thu May 04, 2017 7:38 pm

If you ever write something based off of that prompt and decide to post it on here (or wherever), hit me up because I'd dead ass love to read it

PreviousNext

Return to The Reading Nook