A place to store, or show off your art for all to see!

Monkey's Art Dump

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Monkey's Drawings Dump

Postby Blue Jay » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:36 am

I hadn't had art class since I was in Elementary school. I could of taken drawing in high school but my sister took it so I went with Drama instead. XD

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 12:07 pm

Image Artwork by Yuracye

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:39 am

I didn't choose for middle school and of course not elementary, lol. I didn't care if my sister took something I'm taking or whatever. Me and my sister both took art, lol. You shouldn't not do something because of a sibling, lol.

Postby Blue Jay » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:51 am

Haha well I also thought I stunk at drawing so that was part of it. True you shouldn't let that stop you from doing something you enjoy but when your forced to do something you hate because your sibling did it then you want something else. XD Growing up I had to take Ballet, Tap, Gymnastics and go to the same schools my sister chose to go to. So for me when I had an option to NOT do something she had done I took it. Makes me a unique person if you understand. XD I know my mom put me in those classes because she thought I would have fun but I flat out said I didn't want to from the start. Especially Gymnastics I said I wanted to do Karate. >_>

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:06 am

Parents's mentality: You cant say you hate it until you try it. Lol, or something along those lines.

My sister is taking Karate, something I kinda wanted to learn, but then I started not to care about it. It's expensive and we couldn't afford me, but then again, my sis started when I was a senior in high school so it was useless for me to start then anyways.

A lot of people in my art class drew better than me, but I didn't care, it gives me a reason to draw more. Also, that the teacher had us draw everyday so we can get better. I mainly taught myself through YouTube, though.

Postby Blue Jay » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:10 am

The irony is that my sister has a degree in art but doesn't do digital art. She refuses to do Graphic Art or Digital Art because it's not "real art" to her. Yet I've been doing it for a few years now off and on. XD

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:28 am

Then I wonder what she's doing with her degree because most artwork nowadays are digital, lol.

Postby Turtle Sensei » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:16 am

Oh good art! I really enjoy your style

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 10:07 am

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:17 am

Postby Turtle Sensei » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:19 pm

You're welcome monkey!

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 10:07 am

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:09 pm

Throwing in 2 more:

[+] SPOILER

[+] SPOILER

I draw a lot of Hetalia pictures, that's why some pictures would have names like Russia or whatnot on them. The characters are countries... If you didn't know what Hetalia is.

Does anyone here consider crafts such as crocheting, as art?
I think so.
I might show my crafts here too.

Postby Blue Jay » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:40 am

She doesn't really do alot with it and unless you have experience you can't even do things in a gallery.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:19 am

Like, I also want to be a writer, but if I didn't come to the college I am right now to be a Journalist, I would have to find a full time job either in fast food or retail to earn money and work on my book afterwards because I know that I can't just make a living writing books because there's that LONG period of time between when you get published, and not everything I write will be published because it depends on whether it will sell or not.

I can't see why people will study and get a degree in a field they can't get a job in. It just doesn't make sense. I mean, I know they enjoy it, but they need to get the "can I get a job with this degree" factor into play.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:04 pm

My attempt at drawing Scar from Full Metal Alchemist:
[+] SPOILER

Postby Blue Jay » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:08 pm

I got a certificate for teacher's aide just as they stopped using them in my area but I didn't know that at the time. U_U

Scar is awesome and well done. Though I first saw the name Scar and didn't read the rest. So I saw the picture and went wait that isn't a lion! XD Then read it and went derp wrong Scar there Blue Jay! XD

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:10 pm

Heck, I'll attempt drawing Scar from Lion King, it may take me quite a long time since I can't draw animals, despite drawing a good cardinal and those pokemon.

PreviousNext

Return to Show Off