Share your tips & tricks for life here, or help share your goals.

Star's Journal

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Star's Journal

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:56 pm

I'm finding people who are saying cutting carbs is helping them to lose the body fat. I really love my carbs so that is difficult for me, but I am trying.

Local time: Wed May 01, 2024 10:35 am

Postby star2000shadow » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:55 am

its hard to cut carbs when its the cheapest option int he stores for me. but I've been trying, and my backs feelign even better today so in about a week i should be back to normal 'nods' which is good. i can even sorta straighten slightly.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:30 pm

merchants doom us because pretty well everything is carbs! And yes the carbs are the cheapest thing to buy! It is difficult for me to get full on salad unless it has lots of veggies in it.

Postby star2000shadow » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:50 pm

i know right and YAY we went shopping tonight and I went to get out of the back of the van an dmy back, lower back, made a grinding sound as i shifted forward, well the pain dulled down then as we walked the pain just up and dissapeared..now that we're home.. it is ALL gone.. no more pain.. i am SO RELIEVED.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:56 pm

you just needed to pop it back in place! That is great news!

Postby Gingerale » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:47 pm

So happy you are feeling better !!

Local time: Wed May 01, 2024 9:35 am

Postby galled » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:48 pm

Oh! So glad you're back aligned! :)

I've done that. I can never figure out what I did to get it back (pardon the pun!) in place. I've even tried repeating the motion in the exact place I first did it in, but I guess it's one of the mysteries of life. I used to think chiropractors were akin to witch doctors, but after my first visit and I got relief, I'm a believer--well, more of a addict (addicted to "crack" ha!) and have to resist going because of the cost. If I could get an adjustment every day, let's say I'd sign up! :)

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Watery Star » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:59 am

I'm glad your pain went away! I hope that's all that there was to it.
Did you go see your doctor yesterday?

Local time: Wed May 01, 2024 12:35 pm

Postby star2000shadow » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:04 pm

no i saw the doc to get my leg wraps I see a doctor tomarrow for my back to make sure nothings wrong. this mornign some of the pain was back and i could barely get out of bed, the roommate had to come in and give me a hand in sittin gup in bed but once i took my medications, one of witch is a IBPROFUEN pill, i was able to move on my own again.. so tomarrow Im goign in to get my back looked at.. here's hoping they figure out whats wrong and or prescrib pills for it that make the pain bareable. i still have cleaning to do.

Postby Gingerale » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:14 pm

I think the best will be just rest - maybe your back popped back out of place while you slept? Be careful about the pain meds because they make you feel like you can do more then you should be doing. I know someone who thought they could do more and ended up making their back worse. I guess still keep icing in the meantime?
Good luck, hope they can diagnose you properly!

Postby star2000shadow » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:45 pm

Thanks, and so do I. and yeah i don't take them to often, i find if i take one pain pill in the morning I'm good to go until late afternoon. and then i just rest 'nods'

Postby Gingerale » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:46 pm

I'm ok with taking the anti-inflammatories, it's the stuff that messes with your head that I don't like to take

Postby star2000shadow » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:42 am

yeah for me that's the pain meds, i perfer the vitamin pills that don't do much but to help your body work better then i do the um..pain meds and stuff cause some of them leave me feeling loopy..

Postby galled » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:05 am

I guess it depends on the class of drugs. Anti-inflammatories (ibuprofen, naproxen, etc.) relieve pain by reducing the inflammation that's causing the pain--they shouldn't make you loopy unless you're taking way too much.

Other pain drugs work differently by dulling and/or block nerve communication signals and stop or reduce the pain signals from reaching your brain. Those are the ones that will cause you to feel loopy and lose your balance etc..

The biggest difference is the former works at the problem and the latter just masks the symptoms without addressing the source of the pain. Some pain med are better than others depending on the source of the problem.

Server Administrator

Postby star2000shadow » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:58 pm

true, saw the doc today, my backs fixed itself 'nods' that and i have NO pain now but for the usual pain when i try and straighten to much.. 'does happy dance' I got dishes Going 'nods'

PreviousNext

Return to Lifestyle & Health