New here? Introduce yourself!

New Arrival

Moderator: Ryvvi

New Arrival

Postby Floralor » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:18 pm

Hello! I'm Floralor. You could also call me Cesmina, if you'd like. I just joined today! I heard of Windlyn from another site that I frequent, and I thought that the avatar art was cute, so I'd try it out.
My pronouns are she/her or they/them. I'm an aspiring artist living in Oregon. I like picking up new hobbies, most recently, I've picked up reading. I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 2:49 am

Re: New Arrival

Postby (-o-) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:49 pm

Welcome to Windlyn! :cheer:

What kind of art do you do? What's your favourite colour? I've never really been into reading aside from comics, but even then I'm usually more interested in the art and clothes than the story haha. :cheeky: Are there any particular genres you like?

ImageImage
ty Mouse

Postby Floralor » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:16 pm

(-o-) wrote:Welcome to Windlyn! :cheer:

What kind of art do you do? What's your favourite colour? I've never really been into reading aside from comics, but even then I'm usually more interested in the art and clothes than the story haha. :cheeky: Are there any particular genres you like?

Thank you!
I do traditional art inspired by vintage illustrations. I love pink and green! Is the a comic that you would say is the prettiest? I've only got into reading very recently, but I've been gravitating towards fantasy.

Postby (-o-) » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:25 am

Sounds interesting! I'd love to see your pieces sometime! What medium(s) do you use? Paint, chalk, ink, charcoal, etc.? How long have you been doing it for?

I tend to choose things tagged fantasy or historical. I can't think of the prettiest comic I've read, but I found Hooky and Miss Abbott and the Doctor quite charming! Both can be read for free on Webtoon, although, the app is required to see all the chapters. : What are you reading currently?

Postby Floralor » Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:58 am

(-o-) wrote:

I mostly use paint, colored pencil, or just pencil. I've been drawing ever since I can remember, though I did start making a little bit of money from it a couple years ago.
I see on your profile that you draw, too! Tell me about your art?
Ah, I love the style both of those comics use! Right now I'm reading Pride and Prejudice, Woodslore and Wildwoods Wisdom by Doug Elliott, and a Stranger Things book, called Runway Max.
I also see on your profile that you're a tea drinker! What's your favorite tea?

Postby galled » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:41 am

Welcome, Floralor!

I can't draw well nor do I read fiction anymore, but I'm happy to meet you! However I am an art affectionado and am in awe of creative people like everyone else here.

I'm interested in how you turned your art into a paying gig. Did you get a job, freelance, or ??? Please feel free to leave out details if my question is too forward. I'm just fascinated by how people turn their passions into something more! It's so inspiring! :)

Enjoy your time here!

Server Administrator

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 3:49 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Floralor » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:55 pm

galled wrote:

Thank you!
Well, I used to hang out at the library all the time in middle school, and over the years, I just became friend with the librarian there. She knew that I made art, so she asked me to do a mural for the library. More recently, the same friend asked me to illustrate a book for a friend of hers. So it's partially the cliche of "having the right connections," and just having an old friend that believed in me enough to help push me in that direction.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:14 pm

Welcome to Windlyn!

Wow! What a credit to your abilities to be asked to do a mural and illustrate a book! Congratulations! And thank God for friends who encourage us to pursue what we are good at. That support is priceless.

Like Galled, I also admire art work but am not very talented that way myself. I do like to take photo's of things though, my way of appreciating life.

There should be a summer event starting soon so keep checking so you don't miss any days of the events. You can check the Lore page on the forum page for past event styles. There is also a newbie guide on the forum's page.

Come visit my charity and also my dice game threads for a chance at past items or extra feathers.

Fish in the pond every 8 hours, you can get backgrounds and the rare blue Ursus pet egg.

Postby Floralor » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:37 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:

Yes! I'm very grateful that she's in my life!
Thank you for the helpful information! I'll definitely go and explore! I look forward to see what the events here are like!

Postby galled » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:56 pm

That is so awesome! Friends and positive energy makes everything better. :)

It must be incredible to have a big work displayed like that, and to be paid for it--I know we just met, but I'm so proud of you for your accomplishments!

Server Administrator

Postby Floralor » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:49 pm

galled wrote:That is so awesome! Friends and positive energy makes everything better. :)

It must be incredible to have a big work displayed like that, and to be paid for it--I know we just met, but I'm so proud of you for your accomplishments!

Oh, thank you so much! You're so kind! :heart:

Postby (-o-) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:38 am

Floralor wrote:
(-o-) wrote:

I mostly use paint, colored pencil, or just pencil. I've been drawing ever since I can remember, though I did start making a little bit of money from it a couple years ago.
I see on your profile that you draw, too! Tell me about your art?
Ah, I love the style both of those comics use! Right now I'm reading Pride and Prejudice, Woodslore and Wildwoods Wisdom by Doug Elliott, and a Stranger Things book, called Runway Max.
I also see on your profile that you're a tea drinker! What's your favorite tea?

Ooh, I'm so excited for you! It's great to be recognized and, very importantly, paid for your work! Let us know how it turns out! :cheer:

I originally picked up drawing from my sister starting with pencil sketches in school notebooks and swapped to digital in 2014. In the beginning I tried to draw similar to anime/manga, but eventually changed to a more semi realistic style. Recently I help draw some items for Windlyn, such as the table and branches on my avatar, so keep an eye out for them. :wink: Other than that though, I don't draw very often and am really bad at keeping my stuff up-to-date online ahaha;;

My favourite tea is oolong. What's yours?

Postby Floralor » Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:40 am

(-o-) wrote:

I will!
Oh, that's really cool! I definitely will have to try and get my hands on those items! I really like your avatar, btw!
Oolong's is a pretty good choice! My favorite would either be earl grey (if not just for London fogs) or some kind of berry flavored tea. Mostly raspberry and blueberry.

Postby (-o-) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:14 pm

Thank you <3

It's been a while, but the last time I tried to drink earl grey it was too overbearing(?) for me. Maybe I'll try drinking it again. I love blueberry tea though! I used it to make some tea syrup a while back. It was super yummy, especially when added to warm milk!

Postby Floralor » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:08 pm

(-o-) wrote:

Thank you so much for the sweet little tea cup! :heart:
I could see how earl grey could be too strong for some.
I've honestly never heard of tea syrup! It does sound delicious, though!. Do you still have the recipe you used?

Next

Return to Welcome Wagon