Report all bugs, or problems you've encountered here.

Trading/Gifting Bugs

Re: Trading Bugs

Postby Diana » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:49 pm

Wait. that's confusing.

So:
You had a trade, opened it and added 20 items. leave that trade there.
open new tabs with the same person and add items
submit trades one at a time.
last one had all the items?

Site Admin

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 10:55 pm

Postby Blue Jay » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:25 pm

It's more like I created one trade with Maro and added 20 items. Then I left that trade without her accepting it. Then I created a Second open trade added another 20 items. I created a total of 7 open trades with Maro that she hadn't of accepted with 20 different items in 6 of the trades and about 6 items in the 7th trade. All of them open without her knowing I set them up till after I had done it. So when she went to accept them she had one trade with 126 items in it and then 6 trades that were open but completely blank with no items. So that was what I was wondering the bug was. Is it a bug that a user can have multiple open trades with another user without them accepting them one at a time. If that is the case then the items being traded all migrate to whatever the Last trade you set up versus the span of all open trades.

I think it might be better if I did a test run with you for you to see what I mean. I will set up three trades with items and then you can see what I mean when you go into them if that is ok with you. *nods head*

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 12:55 am

Image Artwork by Yuracye

Postby Diana » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:48 pm

No, it's better for me if you write out exactly what you're doing (as steps to recreate, rather than giant paragraph form). That way I can see what you're doing, otherwise I just see what happens after you do whatever.

So you set up a trade
send the trade
set up a new trade, same user,
send trade
set up a new trade, same user, rinse repeat?

And they're all added to the same trade on your partner's end? your end? or both?

Site Admin

Postby Blue Jay » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:58 pm

Set Up Trade
send it waiting for her to accept
Set up another trade
send it waiting for her to accept
rinse and repeat to 7 times same user.
So that there are 7 trades all waiting for same user to accept.

They all added into one trade on both our sides.

Postby Diana » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:01 pm

Okay. That's all I needed. That's a problem.

Temp edit:
Yeah. That's 100% my fault. I did a derp. I'll play with more later/tomorrow.

Site Admin

Postby Blue Jay » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:16 pm

Ok that is what I was worrying about if it was a problem.

Postby Diana » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:57 am

Blue Jay
I'm sorry I didn't alert you last night I had to take care of some school stuff.
I fixed the bug you found, that was 100% my fault. It should be good now, but lt me know if you find anything else.

For everyone else:
I added a feature to your sidebars for trade notifications. If it is your turn on a trade, it will have the number of trades waiting on you.
If this number is out of sync, you can re check it withe a button in your hub.

Right now you'll get a pm and this notification. I am still working on making it so the trades show your message on them, and then will stop it from sending a pm evert time.
It will be a while though, I think. A new quarter started up and I have to school harder. :p

Site Admin

Postby Blue Jay » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:05 am

It's ok Diana it's just you right now and it's good that sometimes glitches are indeed found. You never know what is a glitch until some user decides to derp around on the site or what rules need to be made till they happen. *nods head* There are some websites that have glitches the are there from the beginning but nobody finds them till years later. There also are some sites that know a glitch happens and does nothing to fix it. A website has this glitch where posts go missing and they have known about it from the start just never fixed it. >_>

Re: Trading/Gifting Bugs

Postby Diana » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:44 am

This thread will also handle Gifting bugs from now on, since the systems are so similar.
Please make sure to mention what feature you are using when reporting a bug, as well as the device you are using, browser type, number of items/currency, and other details which would help us track down a reproducible, reoccuring bug.

Site Admin

Postby Mousy » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:54 pm

The gift boxes are supposed to disappear after you gift them right?

I just gifted someone and 2 boxes I thought I'd already gifted were still in my inventory.

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 11:55 pm

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby Diana » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:55 pm

Oh noe.
They should go away.
Maybe I tried to get too fancy... I'll look into it, thanks!
Feel free to try to gift them again, and see if they go away?

Site Admin

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:02 pm

Ohey you have two boxes!
-gifts one-
Bye both boxes!
[+] SPOILER

I don't think it's keeping accurate count >.>"

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby Diana » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:11 pm

I know what's happening, looking into fixing it. The count is right, it's just not stacking right. Please give me a few moments!

Site Admin

Postby Maro » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:34 pm

I think ZB tried to gift me something but I don't see it in the logs in the gifting area nor anyvvhere in my inventory x.x;

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 3:25 am

Art by - ciel

Postby Diana » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:52 pm

I believe I have fixed all of the wrong count displayed problems.
What was happening was if you gave away your boxes it would set the qty to 0.
If you bought another box after that, the shop assumed you had owned no boxes so far and would add another row in the db for you to have that item.
If you bought another, both the row that has qty of 1 and qty of 0 would update, adding one to each.
So it loooked like you owned more than you did.
when you gifted one away, it would subtract 1 from each of the rows, making it look like it took more items than it did.

I used limits and better checking now, so it should be good. let me know if it keeps happening.

Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Bug Report