Got nothing to do? Want to spam? You can post just about anything here.

They forgot about me

Moderator: Ryvvi

They forgot about me

Postby Watery Star » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:14 am

I was planning on going to my friend's party this weekend and then going to Florida to see my grandparents but I learned today that neither are happening. Really bums me out. I thought I was invited along to go on a family trip but my parents went by themselves on their motorcycles.
I could still go to my friend's party but part of that involves going to my parents since they live closer to her. Not sure I want to spend time in an empty house.

Trying not to rant too much but I'm disappointed and hurt.

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 12:21 pm

Re: They forgot about me

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:03 pm

Oh, that is disappointing! Too bad you all didn't confirm plans earlier so that you could have invited a friend to go with you or come up with other arrangements. On a brighter note, traffic was so bad this week end you probably are better arranging to go another week end. Traffic on our freeways was soooo slow for hours.

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 10:21 am

Postby Ryvvi » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:46 am

that sucks! theres nothing quite as ouch as plans you were really looking forward to falling through :(
i reckon you should go to the party though~ otherwise youll maybe regret it!

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 4:21 am

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby ShiroGEM » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:50 am

Awww! Sorry that had to happen to you. ;v; I know being disappointed by something you were looking forward to sucks. Perhaps you can go again another time and try to make solid plans for it. ^^

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 1:21 am

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Postby Watery Star » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:28 pm

I'd go to the party but I have health issues and don't feel comfortable staying at my parent's house alone. I could stay at a friend's house but it's not in the best condition and I'd have to sleep on a couch for a few days.

My parents went on the trip without me because they wanted to go to Universal Studios (and probably do other things) and I wouldn't be able to handle all the walking. My mom made me feel like I was too much of a burden to bring on the trip. She says she'll make it up to me but she's acting like its some difficult task. I have fibromyalgia, I walk with a cane and get exhausted easily but that doesn't mean I can't travel.

What hurts me the most is that they didn't tell me beforehand. They decided it themselves and left. So I guess they get to have their fun trip and then when they "figure things out" they'll take me down and they will have to either be bored with only seeing my grandparents or leave me behind when they go out and do what they want.

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 12:21 pm

Postby Ryvvi » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:16 pm

i dont know what your relationship is like with your parents, but thats unbelievably rude and just.. wow i cant even express how mad i am on your behalf right now. i know theyre your parents but you should not have to put up with people treating you like that! ever! its incredibly selfish of them to treat you like that, and they shouldnt be trying to guilt trip you into feeling like making it up to you is some big thing, when what theyve just done to you is super shit. :(
can your friend not come and stay with you at your parents house instead of you staying at theirs?

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 4:21 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:04 pm

It sounds like you may have a problem staying by yourself...which if your parents went to the amusement park and left you alone in the hotel would you be ok with it? Most amusement parks allow wheel chairs but they would have to push you around and if you were exhausted you might be left sitting by yourself while they went on rides etc. How do you feel about that, especially when the entrance fees average $100/day?

I agree, there should have been better communication - even them just saying,hey a special rate came up and we want to go on our own, but do remember that you are an adult now and no longer live under their roof, right? Time to start working out your own means of getting places and staying places. I'd let your Mom know you were disappointed and next time can she please let you know sooner so you can make other plans rather then getting your hopes up. Think about the places you would like to go and ask them if they would be interested as well. You must have been suffering with the medical condition for awhile so it can't be anything new.Are you ok with staying at your Gradparents on your own?

<on the fibromyalgia note: have you tried increasing your probiotics or having a fecal transplant? I was reading that there has been marked improvement from increasing the good bacteria in your system?

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 10:21 am

Return to Spam!