Got nothing to do? Want to spam? You can post just about anything here.

Follow the Wandering soul

Moderator: Ryvvi

Follow the Wandering soul

Postby Bassy » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:28 pm

So this would be perfect if there was a Journal thread. (Psssst...Diana...It's a great idea... :wink: )

So I have been busy and hardly any time to get on Windlyn, with work and school. I REALIZE I AM SUPER DANG ON CLOSE TO MY JOB THAN I REALIZE. I have to do lots of internships and fieldwork for my major. Am I ready? I am not sure....lol.

So starting in my sophomore year of College, I want to share my college experience with you all. I won't go into personal details, don't worry. For those entering college or want to give me advice along the way if you went to college.

As of now, I am just nervous of my upcoming years as life has already started. I will be a park ranger sooner than later! I have never been so passionate about something my entire life. I'm nearly reaching 20 next year as two days ago I just turned 19. Need to enjoy my last year as a teenager. I AM ADULTING. So much to do and taking one step at a time!

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 2:55 am

Please feed and hold my pokemon?

Soup’s Pokémon!

Re: Follow the Wandering soul

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:58 pm

Happy birthday Bassy! Hope you had fun celebrating your special day and the rest of your birthday week.

Yeah, I've started double posting in some of my threads, no points, but a way to kind of journal. I never checked into it but maybe proving grounds in the adventurer's corner might work for the journaling?

Am I reading correctly and you already have quite a few prerequisites completed for being a park ranger!? Parks around here seem to offer quite a few options from being out in the field to management, and it is a government job which means benefits!

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 12:55 am

Postby Diana » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:59 pm

I think Hinterland would be a good forum to put life/diary type journals in. Alternatively, writing your own literature is covered under the The Reading Nook. :)

Site Admin

Postby Bassy » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:59 pm

@Lemon If I count the internships and fieldwork I will be doing in future times. I am just pumped and nervous at the same time doing something I haven't even done before. I'm still learning about the position overall and programs I could join in. I never been more happier in a major than I have ever been before this major.

Diana Thanks for pointing that out, I couldn't tell which one could be better for a journal-like thread.

Postby galled » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:32 pm

Happy Belated Birthday!

I love hearing that you (anyone too!) are making progress following your dreams! I think journals of this type would be wonderful and inspiring--and perhaps even educational. You should do it.

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Bassy » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:56 am

Today, I am getting a little frustrated. My roommate never speaks to me... its like I live alone... but with a roommate. She at least keeps her side clean and takes out the garbage... but she never puts a new bag in and I set the box of garbage bag next to the trashcan she wont even touch it. I even tried talking to her, she just stares and looks away. That really made me mad. I was really nice when she moved in, I even offered her fridge space since I have a bigger fridge. She said thanks and thats really about it. Another year of bad roommates. She has friends, why couldn't she move in with them?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:26 am

maybe that's the problem....she couldn't move in with them (her friends) and she's miserable...how do they determine your roommates? Do you get any choice in that?

but I know that must be so disappointing for you, and worse because you have to actually live with her and even worse have no room of your own to retreat to, to hide out....but it COULD always be worse, I've heard of the "roommates from hell" scenarios.

Postby galled » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:13 pm

Some people, especially today, simply lack communication skills. Thank your stars that you at least have someone who keeps to their side and takes out the garbage. It could be a whole lot worse!

You might be able to make some progress (if you want to that is) by offering gestures to communicate. Ask them if they'd like to grab lunch or coffee. If you start talking as people (outside of the room--as opposed to roommates), it might help. But it's also OK to just grin and bear it too as you both know there's an end to the sleeping arrangements (as in it's not forever). Good luck!

Server Administrator

Postby Bassy » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:25 am

I totally forgot about this thread lol. So It's the end of the semester and on the last instructional week. Two papers due, and one early final. Now I am just waiting for my psychology exam results. If I get a 90 or higher on each exam, I will be able to be exempt from the final. I have been successful so far and the recent exam made me kind of worried. There have been some questions I am a little confused on and I hope I passed with a 90 or higher. That would knock me down to 2 exams rather than taking three. I'm getting more and more nervous.

So I did move in a new room with a new roommate and she seems pretty cool. We have a lot in common compared to previous roommates. It's been a week and we haven't had any problems recently so that's good. She is out more than I am because I only have one other friend but he has a full time job so we don't hang out very often,

Postby galled » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:03 pm

LOL, totally understandable when life gets busy!

While it'd be nice to skip finals, it's really win-win. If you do have to take the final, I'm sure the extra studying would help. :)

That's good news about the new roommate. When do you get out for break? Any plans?

Server Administrator

Postby Bassy » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:19 pm

I do not have any plans over the break, besides two christmas parties. Though I do have to take the exam.. I was so close. 88 percent made me sad that I have to take the final exam. But I hope it isn't as bad as I think it will be.

Postby galled » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:40 pm

Will you be going home? You're still on campus, right-- and they kick you out over winter break IIRC.

Yeah, I don't think the final will be too bad for you. Your test scores have been good. Good luck in any case!

Server Administrator

Postby Watery Star » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:20 am

I'm glad it's working out better with your new roommate. Two Christmas parties sounds fun.

So close! Finals sound scary but it sounds like you're doing great in that class so as long as you remain vigilant then you should be fine.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:08 pm

Bassy: aw, I am sorry you missed it by just a couple points, but I am sure you will do well on the exam.

So glad the new room and roommate is working out - a good positive in your life and you can look forward to being in your room now instead of cringing. Could be the new year will be a better one for you then.

Postby Gingerale » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:44 pm

Just wondering how your wandering soul is doing

Local time: Tue May 07, 2024 11:55 pm

Next

Return to Spam!