Got nothing to do? Want to spam? You can post just about anything here.

Arc's Post-A-Lot

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Arc's Post-A-Lot

Postby Arc » Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:32 am

This weekend I volunteered at that con I mentioned a while ago, and I feel unfulfilled. Sucks, because I was so excited leading up to it.

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 9:36 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:30 am

Oh I am so sorry it was a let down after the previous con.

Was it not as organized? Different type of crowd?

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 7:36 am

Postby Ashton » Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:10 am

smaller crowd?

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 10:36 am

Postby Arc » Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:26 am

No, it was a big convention, so lots and lots of people. But yeah, it wasn't very organized and there wasn't much communication. I was scheduled for the whole weekend, but I skipped yesterday because I was over it. And turns out that if I went yesterday, I would have been in a position that I didn't sign up for, so I'm kinda glad I skipped (my friend was there and saw the schedule for the day). Mind you, I signed up back in June and had my positions confirmed two months before the con.

On the bright side, since I didn't have much to do, I spent a lot of time exploring the expo floor. I talked to some artists and vendors, interacted with a lot of cosplayers, and got autographs from Chris Sabet (voice actor of Vegeta from DBZ) and Aleks Le (voice actor of Mikey from Tokyo Revengers). Surprisingly though, I'm just glad the con is over.

Postby Ashton » Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:27 am

oof

Postby Arc » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:57 am

There's a local DJ that hosts anime raves, and he also hosts after parties during con weekends. My friend and I went to the party after volunteering on Saturday, and it made up for my crappy day. I cosplayed as Duplica from season 1 of Pokémon and had so much fun. However, I entered the cosplay contest and lost, so that was a bummer. D';

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:44 am

It sounds like it wasn't completely a wasted week end, you got some fun in there. But it is definitely frustrating when you are expecting things to go one way & they don't.

Did you make your costume?

Postby Arc » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:49 am

True, true!

[+] SPOILER

No, I just bought similar clothing to put the outfit together. The only thing I made was the star and the yellow trim on the collar, which I used yellow adhesive for. ^^; I was also sent the wrong wig color, so that throws off the cosplay, but I had to make due with it because it was too late to return it. I got mistaken for Hatsune Miku, lol.

Postby galled » Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:44 am

Oh, it works! Super-cute!

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Diana » Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:16 pm

How fun! Your duplica looks so good!
Have you seen the Pokemon x Miku art collabs? To me, they are less miku-looking than non-miku characters :cheer: funny how that works out!

Cosplay contests can be really intense. It's really brave of you to even sign up, I always chicken out at the opportunity!

Site Admin

Postby Ashton » Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:06 am

ditto is sus

Postby Arc » Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:36 am

Thanks guys! :3 I haven't seen the Pokémon x Miku art until now, and wow, the artwork is so cute!

I'm shy and spent years holding myself back from doing things, so this year I've been pushing myself out of my comfort zone. This was my second time entering their cosplay contest, and although I lost both times, I feel proud that I made myself do it. The first time I entered I cosplayed as Power from Chainsaw Man.

Indeed, Ditto is sus. xD

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:34 am

You are so cute!

I agree, you should proud of yourself that you even entered the coplay contest because that can be so daunting.
You should also be proud of yourself for getting out of your comfort zone! And that you are so creative!!

Postby Arc » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:31 am

Thank you! :3

And thanks, I am! Losing only makes me want to keep entering until I finally win. xD There's another con next month (and hopefully another after party) and I've got some ideas, so let's see how that goes.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:50 am

you have time to research a costume. They should have a category for those who actually design their own. I am always amazed at how creative some people can be.

PreviousNext

Return to Spam!