Got nothing to do? Want to spam? You can post just about anything here.

Arc's Post-A-Lot

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Arc's Post-A-Lot

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:50 am

cheer up! I'll give you a boost!

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 10:34 am

Postby Arc » Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:00 am

Another day, another dollar (x2)

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 12:34 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:49 am

Yay for another day. Dollars help us pay bills & buy things we like.

Postby Arc » Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:22 am

Finally, the weekend.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:51 pm

Done work for the day, time to relax!

Postby Arc » Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:47 am

I feel so painfully lonely.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:33 am

oh no! Because no one is on Windlyn at the moment or because you are on a day off & not around everyone?
So you have a room mate or family near by?

Postby Arc » Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:00 am

I've been struggling with loneliness for a while. Talking with or being around others only helps temporarily, but I still notice the loneliness deep inside. I was off yesterday and my sister lives up the street, but I didn't want to bother her.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:14 am

See if there are local groups in your area you can do activities with, like hiking groups or some activity you are interested in, theater etc, or a community service center or place you can volunteer at. It helps with feeling productive when you volunteer & also gives an opportunity to meet new people with similar interests.
Don't be afraid to reach out & invite someone to do something with you. If you can't afford going out to eat there are many free events & there is always walking. Local church groups often have college & career aged activities as well.

Postby Arc » Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:34 am

I usually look for productive things to do, whether volunteering or seeing what local events I could do with my friends, but I wasn't up for it yesterday. I stayed home and binged watched the recent season of Attack on Titan I was so behind on the series. o-o

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:55 pm

I agree, sometimes it is more fun to binge watch with someone.

Postby galled » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:16 pm

Arc wrote:I've been struggling with loneliness for a while. Talking with or being around others only helps temporarily, but I still notice the loneliness deep inside. I was off yesterday and my sister lives up the street, but I didn't want to bother her.

Boy, my heart goes out to you, Arc. I know how that is. :hug:

The biggest issue to identify what the cause(s) of your feeling. The one to watch for is depression. I can link to a few resource/videos that cover the subject of loneliness well, but I've found that warm, welcoming online communities like Windlyn go a long way to keeping me connected with people I like. It's interesting how online interactions can "scratch that itch" we humans need (we're social animals) without actual contact. I've found that because we can only chat online, we end up sharing more about things that matter with good friends online than I do with people I know in real life.

You've fit right in here. Know that we (Winners) help each other when we can. :heart:

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Arc » Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:42 am

galled wrote:
Arc wrote:I've been struggling with loneliness for a while. Talking with or being around others only helps temporarily, but I still notice the loneliness deep inside. I was off yesterday and my sister lives up the street, but I didn't want to bother her.

Boy, my heart goes out to you, Arc. I know how that is. :hug:

The biggest issue to identify what the cause(s) of your feeling. The one to watch for is depression. I can link to a few resource/videos that cover the subject of loneliness well, but I've found that warm, welcoming online communities like Windlyn go a long way to keeping me connected with people I like. It's interesting how online interactions can "scratch that itch" we humans need (we're social animals) without actual contact. I've found that because we can only chat online, we end up sharing more about things that matter with good friends online than I do with people I know in real life.

You've fit right in here. Know that we (Winners) help each other when we can. :heart:

Thank you. ;-; I've watched videos on loneliness and depression, and it sucks that I identify so well with them. I've been on a therapy hiatus for a few months and will hopefully resume next month when my therapist is able to see clients again. I think everything just kinda hits me at once sometimes and I just have to deal with it until I'm okay again. I'll be fine. Interacting with you all on here has helped more than you know. :3

Postby galled » Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:57 am

I don't mean this as a critique, but in my experience the best therapists are the ones that help by and providing a framework to help you work out what the causes/events behind your feelings that don't currently make sense. It's difficult (if not impossible) to achieve acceptance (you can't change the past) without understanding these things. It's the old you can teach a person to fish thing.

You know, do you connect with the folks you see everyday? I found it helpful to force myself to say a few words extra with every interaction I have. Something as simple as "have a great day," to asking "how is your day going?" really helps break the ice so to speak. Most people will open up when they feel like you're interested in their struggles (we all struggle) and will want to know more about you. Positive spirals!!

I hope you're having a wonderful day!

Server Administrator

Postby Arc » Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:58 am

galled wrote:I don't mean this as a critique, but in my experience the best therapists are the ones that help by and providing a framework to help you work out what the causes/events behind your feelings that don't currently make sense. It's difficult (if not impossible) to achieve acceptance (you can't change the past) without understanding these things. It's the old you can teach a person to fish thing.

You know, do you connect with the folks you see everyday? I found it helpful to force myself to say a few words extra with every interaction I have. Something as simple as "have a great day," to asking "how is your day going?" really helps break the ice so to speak. Most people will open up when they feel like you're interested in their struggles (we all struggle) and will want to know more about you. Positive spirals!!

I hope you're having a wonderful day!

Yeah, I do that everyday with my coworkers and patients, but after those interactions the loneliness sets in again. My morning isn't starting off that great mentally, but I'm awake and am looking forward to my drawing class tonight, so that's a plus. :3 I hope you have a wonderful day, as well! ^^

PreviousNext

Return to Spam!