Got nothing to do? Want to spam? You can post just about anything here.

Arc's Post-A-Lot

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Arc's Post-A-Lot

Postby Arc » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:27 pm

3 more minutes til freedom

Local time: Mon May 13, 2024 10:29 pm

Postby Ashton » Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:27 pm

:cheer:

Local time: Mon May 13, 2024 11:29 pm

Postby Arc » Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:04 am

I don't want to jump the gun, but I'm kind of concerned about whether or not I might be having nerve pain in my back. It's been in pain for about a week, and for the past 2 or 3 days the pain's been sharp. I describe it as feeling like a knife being twisted into my back.

Postby Ashton » Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:07 am

go to doctor and see

Postby Arc » Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:18 am

I'll probably consider it if it persists for the next few weeks.

I'm kind of iffy about going to the doctors, tbh. I always fear they won't believe me when I come in with concerns, so I usually do without. Sometimes I think everything is in my head.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:20 am

You might have pinched something... your general physician may not be able to do much but they should give you a referral.

Unfortunately if you live in Canada some Provinces your medial health insurance is not so good & you get put on a waiting list.

Physical therapy or physiotherapy as it is called in Canada should be able to help relieve issues if it is muscular... if it is a dislocation a chiropractor should help but the general dr should be able to tell who you need to see or even give you treatment themselves. Pain is your bodies way of saying something is wrong & needs to be fixed.

Local time: Mon May 13, 2024 8:29 pm

Postby galled » Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:11 pm

The problem with nerves is (as my chiropractor put it) once they're angry they inflame, which makes them larger/inflamed and more prone to getting stimulated--making them angrier. It's a downward spiral at that point.

I agree with Lemon, it might be time to see someone or have you?

If you have seen someone and been cleared of any structural damage, another "lifesaver" that the chiropractor turned me on to is a TENS machine. It applies low electrical stimulation to the area which relieves the pain. I believe it works by reducing the fluid in the area (I think this because the device has more effect/works better--think electricity and water/fluid--in areas where there is more "meat"/muscle).

Have you thought about your bed and/or sleep position being a contributing factor to your latest?

Hope this passes for you soon!

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Ashton » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:19 pm

oof

Postby Arc » Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:38 am

I live in the US. :3

I haven't looked into any doctors yet because I wanted to see if the pain would subside on its own, or see if something else has been contributing to the pain. :'o I think I've heard about the TENS machine from someone at my job. He says he has to use it pretty often. x-x

I've been sleeping on my back now, trying to make sure my back is aligned.

Oof indeed.

Postby galled » Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:41 am

I would probably see a chiropractor or PT rather than a doctor at this point. They can help you on the road to recovery if there's nothing medically wrong with your back (slipped disc, fracture, etc.).

I bought my TENS on Amazon. They're really inexpensive. Your friend at work sound like he's become addicted to it! :)

Otherwise, ice/heat, anti-infamatories, good posture and mindful movements are all you can do. It just takes time--(and more time as we get older...).

Server Administrator

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:53 pm

You can go to a chiropractor without a referral but if you go for physical therapy then they want you to have a referral from your General Practitioner. Urgent care ( not hospital ER) could five you a referral.

Many things to do to help so the sooner you start the sooner you can be well.

Postby Ashton » Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:36 am

oof

Postby Arc » Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:57 am

Oh man, this got buried. x_x

I think I'm okay on the chiropractor for now. I went last Friday and thankfully my back has been okay since then, so I don't think I'll go back for a while unless I need to.

Postby galled » Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:32 am

That's good news! I think cold weather affects my flexibility (to add to other factors), so that's something else I do know, but don't think about. The cold makes my body creak and my muscles feel stiffen a bit now that I think about it.

How's the anxiety? Did your therapist help get you back on track?

Server Administrator

Postby Arc » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:15 pm

Even temperatures are out to get us. @-@

I'm still really anxious, tbh, so yes and no. It felt good to talk to her about what's going on, and she shared techniques for trying to calm the anxiety (and the anger it manifests as), but I haven't tried them yet. My mind is scattered and is on so many other things. My next session is on Valentine's Day.

PreviousNext

Return to Spam!