Got nothing to do? Want to spam? You can post just about anything here.

Popular movies you don't like.

Moderator: Ryvvi

Popular movies you don't like.

Postby I Shall Engrave » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:49 pm

I was having this conversation with a classmate decked out in Nightmare Before Christmas accessories, and she seemed shocked when I said I disliked the movie and all of its associated merchandise. I also didn't care for Ferris Bueller's Day Off. I think both of those are highly overrated. Maybe Ferris Bueller is considered a staple in American movie culture or whatever but I really didn't find it interesting as a movie.

So what popular films don't you like?

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 2:53 am

Re: Popular movies you don't like.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:58 pm

You don't like Nightmare Before Christmas!?! *gasp* we can't, no, this is unacceptable!

Just kidding!

You can dislike whatever you like.

I loathe Despicable Me now because of the stupid minions.

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 5:53 am

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:16 pm

Not dislike so much as 'never seen them'
Ferris buller or whatever being one of them

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:17 pm

Ok, I admit it, :strain: I had to look up "nightmare before Christmas" to see if I had seen it... which, from looking at the screen shots, I believe I have.

"Ferris Bueller's day off I do know" but can't say I am a big fan like some people I know. :cheeky: I never was one for ditching class...I had "study" (free) periods... which was enough for me - especially if combined with a lunch hour or end of day - so I never felt the need . Although Ferris "cleverly" gets what he wants he actually does it by dishonesty, cheating, manipulating and other levels of lying and at the expense of others. I found myself wanting him to get caught. That said there are some funny one liners in the movie and it is fast enough paced that you don't really get bored.

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 3:53 am

Postby ShiroGEM » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:51 am

Not a big fan of the Nightmare before Christmas either... One of my least favourite films that people never stop talking about would be Pitch Perfect. I've watched snippets of it and to be honest it's just not my thing.
That and Mean Girls.

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 6:53 pm

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:56 am

I have not seen Pitch Perfect or Mean Girls ( I had to look them up). If the singing was really good on Pitch Perfect I might be tempted to watch it...not really in my radar for choices.

A show a lot of people went crazy for, that I absolutely did not like (because of her selfish, snotty attitude - I only watched it once, and attempted one of the series just to be fair) was Hannah Montana. I think it was the start of Miley's downfall.

Postby galled » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:04 pm

I didn't like NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS either. (Seems to be geared towards the goth public--which I'm not.) BUT, FERRIS is a classic teen fantasy movie! It's not supposed to be realistic, but a representation of what one person would dream of as a last perfect day for a teenager as he leaves youth and enters adulthood. As you leave high school, for most people everything changes. This movie is about a last chance to be silly and have fun at that level.

As for popular movies I didn't like; The Twilight series comes to mind. Hunger Games series too.

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:12 pm

Ick
Yicklight
Hunger Games books were all right to me. I was disappointed by the first movie tho

Postby Balcan » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:59 pm

Nightmare Before Christmas blows. I saw it when I was in a hospital and didn't have any other options (aside from watching 27 dresses for the 6th time because of one patient).

I wasnt impressed with The Fifth Element, Mad Max Fury Road, or Empire Records. Oh, and Airheads. My friend made me sit through that and I lost 14 IQ points just from watching it.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:34 pm

I can watch "Fifth element" over and over again and not get tired of it. I have a tendency to like comedy, science fiction shows and also archaeology so it's a win-win for me. Mind you there were a few "silliness" int he story line but that is why it was a comedy too. But I also liked the Star gate first movie with Kirk Russell and the Star gate series....

Afraid I was disappointed with the remake of Mad Max, Fury road and not sure what Empire Records is nor Airheads or 27 dresses for that matter.

Postby galled » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:37 pm

FIFTH ELEMENT is an amazing movie! Not sure how popular it really was, but I've seen it many times and see something new each time I watch it.

I didn't like FURY ROAD at all. Then again, I tend not to like any of the remakes.

Server Administrator

Postby Ryvvi » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:34 am

E.T.
it was so boring and hes super ugly and ugh no :(

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 9:53 pm

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby Maro » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:42 am

There's a few I don't really like but it's hard to list them all off the top of my head...

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 8:23 am

Art by - ciel

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:12 pm

It seems like I'm the only one in this thread that likes NBC lol.

Idk how popular this is but I hate Sweeney Todd. It's the only movie that truly scared me and made me not very good with blood, guts and gore in movies.

Postby Zombie Bunny » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:26 pm

Edward scissor hands
I just... DIDN'T like it?
I dunno, thought it was boring?

Image Image Image

Next

Return to Spam!