Comments and suggestions to improve the site.

Suggestion: Remove header from posts

Suggestion: Remove header from posts

Postby Akuyi » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:05 am

With the whole speech bubble thing I think it would be cool if there would only be the actual post inside the bubble to make it look like we're actually saying it. I certainly do not start my speeches with "Re: thread title Post by Akuyi » Yesterday 23:21".

I think the time stamp can easily be moved above or below the post and I always wondered why the post title (which usually is identical with the thread title) is even being displayed.

Example:
[+] SPOILER

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 8:31 am

Questing with my trusty steed Oculus in the lands of Vee-Ar.

Coolest titles ever

Postby Diana » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:18 am

You can customize post titles for each post! By default, they say re: topicName.

I was originally debating putting the title outside rhe bubbles, but I decided on a method of text inside, actions outside.

Site Admin

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 12:31 am

Re: Suggestion: Remove header from posts

Postby Akuyi » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:23 am

Yeah I know that you can edit them, but I've never seen any real use of them, because even if you do change them to something special most people will just skip over them out of habit anyway. And text inside speech bubbles that isn't part of the actual speech always bothers me. But it might just be a personal preference. :strain:

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 8:31 am

Postby Watery Star » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:28 am

I'd like it to be just the actual post in the speech bubble too. It was be easier to read.

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 2:31 am

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:46 am

I mean
I alter the subtitle in my hangout
And people notice
But it's pretty easy to learn to overlook/ignore

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby Bassy » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:09 am

The thing is that sometimes titles change. Like Lemon Cheesecake's dice game, it helps which one you roll for unless she goes page surfing lol. But I don't mind the header at all.

Please feed and hold my pokemon?

Soup’s Pokémon!

Postby Mousy » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:20 am

I actually really like having the header!

I usually have multiple threads open and tabs and so when i come to a thread to comment or whatever, I like that it's right there and I know that i'm posting in the right place. I swear I have multiple replies open at once..... i'd probably have several posts that don't belong where they should if i didn't have the header. :/

*gets lost in imagining posting about steven universe in a game thread....*

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 1:31 am

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:01 pm

for now at least - until I get used to the new format- I think I have to agree that I need the header.

I don't do well on changes, especially when I get familiar with something, the changes may be for the better but because it is unfamiliar, the changes then slide over to that uncertainty side until I get used to them and uncertainty is not a pleasurable experience for me so I need any of the old familiar I can get. Does that make sense? Diana may choose to change that too later but for now I am glad she has at least left that in to keep me focused. (Not that I don't think the conversation bubbles are cute and all... because they are, and you could say it gives the posting a more polished look...) and I don't know if it would be more difficult to code to have the header outside of the bubble between the users and still showing, if that's what you meant.

Postby galled » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:53 pm

I discussed this with Diana and if I understand correctly, the headers would still be there. The suggestion is to move the header outside the chat bubble. It sounds easy, but there all kinds of formatting problems that crop up when you move/break out the header. (Diana's tried it.) So the choice for now is either get rid of the subject header or keep it where it is. I think we all think we need to keep it rather than not have it.

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Watery Star » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:01 am

It's understandable that bugs would appear when you try to change the code. It doesn't really bother me either way.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:54 pm

I actually like it the way it is right now. I like the header and stuff to be where they are right now.

Return to Site Feedback