Want to advertise your group? Looking for an RP to join? This is the place.

Hopping to RP (1x1 or small group)

Moderator: Sanchicho

Hopping to RP (1x1 or small group)

Postby Silly Tiny Frog » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:23 am

Hello!

I'm looking for one or two RPs, either 1x1 or a small group. Feel free to suggest anything that fits my description or stop in the thread to plan something together.

I will RP anything story driven. Slice of life, scifi, fantasy, mix of all... There needs to be some clear main plot element or theme carrying it all.

I usually won't participate in RPs based on movies, books, animes or the like.

I am not interested in pairing RPs. Characters may fall in love or what ever, if it happens naturally and we've discussed about it OOC. It just can't be the main plot line.

English is not my first language. As a language enthusiast I love to get well constructed feedback on my writing and grammar but you have to be able to deal with weird sentences and grammar mistakes here and there.

Some possible RP ideas with a small group:

- a big unusual family and their daily life (think about Full House, Addams Family and Yotsuba&!)
    - a group of survivors trying to stay alive together (stranded on an island, participating a reality show or something else)
    - a group of adults get magical powers in modern day world (think about W.i.t.c.h or Charmed mashed together with a regular type sitcom)
    - a group of teens have a sleep-over birthday party at a notorious haunted house
    - A group of strangers participate in a reality show where they live 24/7 inside completely empty apartment where even windows are blocked. Every day each of them can ask for one item to be added or make a joint wish to remove obstacles from extra rooms, windows or garden area. Can they work together as a team, how the rules can be bend and what is the best strategy to live comfortably?

Some ideas for 1x1:

- The adventures of a witch/wizard/other and their magical companion
    - Two people send each other letters about their life, problems and happy moments. Who are they and what is their connection to each other? (Could be any genre! All posts are letters, not typical RP posts.)

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:16 am

:L_Wing: Feel free to invite me to your thread! :R_Wing:

Re: Hopping to RP (1x1 or small group)

Postby MeatVegetable » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:44 am

I am most definitely interested, english is my second language but my best language. XD

Also slice of life is best, and I dislike rping things with an establish universe, just feels weird.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:16 pm

Postby Silly Tiny Frog » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:48 am

Any ideas on what kind of story you'd like to RP? In a group or just us?

World building has the bonus that the reality kind of becomes one of the characters. It's unpredictable to some level and when both/all decide things about it you often have to rethink your character or their actions and goals.

Postby MeatVegetable » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:08 pm

Anything not school or academy related XD and I like groups of at least 3 personally

Postby Silly Tiny Frog » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:11 pm

I remember when I joined my first avatar forum years ago and the RP section was filled with Vampire School/Werewolf Academy/School for the Gifted type of RPs. They were insanely popular back then. I think there's still those but not to the extent. It was difficult for me because I had gotten used to more tabletop RPG like text RPs which mostly were high fantasy and no-one wanted to participate an RP like that.

I hope we find the missing one more player soon. It's been a while since my last group RP so it'll be fun.

Postby MeatVegetable » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:01 am

When I first joined Gaia in 2004 Naruto was incredibly popular, those academies for the gifted have always been running. Amusingly my favourite anime ever takes place in school but all it's runner ups just take place in the ordinary everyday boring real world XD

Postby Silly Tiny Frog » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:56 pm

What is your favourite anime ever?

Have you happened to watch Flying Witch? It at least used to be on Crunchyroll. It's one of that kind of series I'd be willing to RP with original characters. It's like slice of life with witches added. It's very lovely.

Postby Cloudy » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:18 pm

hey hey, I'm up for small group RPs! i remember participating in a bunch of those back on Tinierme

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:16 pm

Check these out!
VOCALOID Cosplay & Chat

Stay chill

Postby MeatVegetable » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:21 pm

I thought I responded to this, oh well my overall favourite anime is Kimi ni todoke, followed closely by Ore Monogatari and Pumpkin scissors.

Going to bookmark flying witches

Postby Silly Tiny Frog » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:04 am

We have three people now! So, a slice of life RP is already requested. We just need a theme and the carrying idea. I really can't think of anything else than things more or less like the ones in the first post. I'm open to suggestions.

Cloudy: I found TinierMe just before it closed. Many people seem to have liked it.

MeatVegetable: I have to admit I know none of those personally. I do read manga and watch anime but I have really never been hardcore anime/manga person. I do recall one of my friends watching Pumpkin Scissors though and they really liked it.

Postby Cloudy » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:02 am

Uhh, it's been a while since i've done any RPs (i remember doing random Hetalia RPs on omegle before/after Tinierme closed omg) but i do remember some plots and starters of ones in the "Slice of Life" genre.

Some "stereotypical" or "generic" ones I can think of are: School (HS or College) AU, Coffee Shop(?) AU, Childhood friends/rivals, etc.

Postby MeatVegetable » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:22 pm

Communal residence?

Postby Silly Tiny Frog » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:28 am

Ah, the legendary coffee shop. Every single RP forum has at least one of them.

What kind of communal residence do you mean MeatVegetable? I'm thinking Soviet Union style communal apartments here so I have to ask.

Something like that could be matched together with another environment too to have two main locations. Coffee shop would make it very Friends-like so maybe like a workplace or something. Maybe the people could live in a housing system like that because they're somewhere abroad working on a big project for their company or something? Then the foreign city with it's people would become the other location and additional source for plot elements.

Postby MeatVegetable » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:27 am

I was thinking of playing a retired veteran to be honest, and maybe one of the other peoples workplace is some sort of a place where you can hangout, here we only have coffee shops and sports bars really.

We actually have more liquor stores here than we do grocery stores.

Postby Polaris » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:10 pm

I can join in for some 1x1 and group RPs!

Quest Thread

"Smile at me when you see this flower later..."

Image(click for artist)

Next

Return to The Pub