Want to advertise your group? Looking for an RP to join? This is the place.

Anyone up for a Fantasy Group RP?

Moderator: Sanchicho

Anyone up for a Fantasy Group RP?

Postby Cloudy » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:07 pm

Hey everyone!
So I've been thinking about this for a while and just now found the courage to actually do it. As the Thread Title says, anyone up for a Fantasy RP? I've been meaning to practice my writing a bit, and writing poems and prose for school assignments have gotten a bit redundant (as much as I love writing prose). For now, I'd just like to know if anyone's interested. Then, if there are enough people, we can start the planning and making of the RP

This will be a public RP, where anyone is free to join! All I ask is that:
1) Please be respectful of everyone's characters
2) Minimum of one paragraph (or at least 4 sentences, dialogue included) when you reply
3) Use proper grammar and punctuation (it doesn't have to be English teacher/professor-like grammar, but at least avoid the cliche *swims through the cavern river* stuff)
4) Don't decide what will happen to another character (e.g. I make my way unto the river bed, but then a lightning bolt strikes down and kills Flora (another user's character))

I have yet to finish my description and ideas for the world/realm/kingdom the Fantasy RP will take place, as well as a general plot that people can choose to follow. This RP can go anywhere really, and I'd like to see how things will go. I'll edit this later and post a full description, but what I'm thinking of right now is:
-simple fantasy RP where everyone is a wizard, princess, warlock etc. and we all cross paths
-a problem arises and it's up to us to stop it (plus an anonymous poll on whether we succeed or this ends in tragedy)
-the RP could have an end to it, or it can just keep on going (again, poll to decide)
-will have, but isn't limited to:
-2 neighboring, amicable kingdoms, each w/ a ruler + head mage/wizard (it is a fantasy RP after all)
-"The Freelands" where bandits, nomadic tribes, and others not aligned with a kingdom roam
-Princes, Princesses, Knights, Peasantry, Villains, and all that junk

Anyone and everyone who's interested in RPing here, I ask that you provide a name, physical description & brief explanation of your character's backstory and/or personality. If you want to, you could also use these sites to post an image of what you want your character to look like:
Dreamself.me
Selfy Laboratory and Item Searcher <-- Tutorials for these websites can be found HERE

Character Description Guide:
-Name:
-Hair Color:
-Eye Color:
-Other Physical characteristics: (outfit, birthmarks, scars, etc.)
-Brief Backstory:
-Current Occupation: (mage, wizard, warlock, princess, etc.)
-Race: (human, elf, magically-inclined creature, etc.)
-Personality: (optional)
-Moral Compass: (how would you describe them? evil, not evil, anti-hero, chaotic good, etc.)

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:40 pm

Check these out!
VOCALOID Cosplay & Chat

Stay chill

Re: Anyone up for a Fantasy Group RP?

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:29 pm

-bodyslams thread-

Copypasta from a dead RP I was in elsewhere
Character Name: Kit
Character Age: 20-ish
Character Race: human
Alignment: neutral
Details: Height: 5'11" Weight: 135 Eye Color: hazel Skin Color: ghostly white Hair Color: auburn Gender: female
ooh shiny

Appearance: tall and skinny. Hair is fairly long and straight, but for one lock that ends in a curl and rests at about her chin
Main Drive: her parents decided that she needed to get out of the house and go on an adventure. They provided her with a bow she can't even draw, a bit of food, and that was about it
Flaws: weak, lazy, bad at fighting. Virtually no motivation. No knowledge of the world, was taught that only humans are good, the rest are bad
Quirks: says some weird stuff on occasion, isn't every ladylike. Has a plushie of a potato she carries around. She sunburns really easily, and cannot handle heat. In cold she tends to not notice until long after the others are wearing layers
Personality: quiet until you get to know her. The sarcasm likes to ooze on occasion. Loves to read, unless there's romance that overwhelms the plot
Background: parents are merchants. Dad went on an adventure until bandits cut off his hand. She grew up with siblings who don't get along, except to spoil her, so her laziness derives from that, as does her lack of drive. If she succeeds, one of her siblings already did it, so why bother? There's books to be read, anyway
The town she grew up in abhors those not wholly human, so only humans are what she grew up with. Elves were vicious little pranksters. Orcs are brainless beasts that live to kill. Goblins like to blow things up. Humans were the only ones of redeemable traits, and the only ones that are civilized, was what she grew up with
She's bilingual in her home language and the common language, though the latter she tends to mess up, hence the occasional weird thing she says

The plot of said RP:
It would also be high fantasy. Magic, warlords, princesses. The like.
I'm looking for 4 or 5 players, maybe more depending on the interest.

Our party would be a group of outcasts, rogues, thieves, bandits, barbarians, bumbling warriors, inept magicians, failed healers. People that wouldn't be considered heroes by anyone.
But they will be destined for greatness! Set on a path to help save the land, in the only way they know how>

I can adjust the character if needed, if you don't care for the plot

ooh, Selfy. CoCoppa Play uses those Avis. Obviously with permission

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:40 pm

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby Cloudy » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:06 pm

@"Kitalpha Heart" Yesss thank you!!

i'll keep that plot in mind as i try to figure out this RP, and nice character by the way!

Postby Cloudy » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:24 am

just gonna bump this so that it doesn't get too lost in the threads & forums

Postby Watery Star » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:43 am

I'm interested but very rusty.

Character Description:
-Name: Watery
-Race: Human
-Current Occupation: Wizard
Alignment: Lawful Good.
-Hair Color: Blue (Brown if we're not doing unnatural hair colors for humans)
-Eye Color: Dark Blue
-Other Physical characteristics: 5'5", 135lbs. Has wavy hair that reaches her mid-back. Pale skin. Dresses modestly.
-Personality: Shy and soft spoken. Assumes everyone has an understanding of magic. Empathetic.
-Brief Backstory: Grew up in a small but developing town. A traveler sensed Watery had latent magical abilities as a child and then was shipped off to a magical academy. She only recently finished her studies and now is trying to find her way in the world.
Main drive: The greater good, self improvement.
Bonds: Family that lives far away. Her master for the magical academy.
Languages Spoken: Common, and the language associated with magic(Not sure which we'd be going with).

I have a picture drawn will either scan it or snap a pic of it.

Postby Akuyi » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:04 pm

Ping me when you're starting, I might join once the story and some characters are laid out.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:40 pm

Questing with my trusty steed Oculus in the lands of Vee-Ar.

Postby Cloudy » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:58 am

Gotchu. And just as a notice for anyone else interested, you can also join in after we've already started. Just make sure to post your character's info. in a thread I'll make later to house all of our character stuff

Postby Dipper » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:59 am

Okay XD
I'll be keeping an eye on this XD

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:40 pm

Ne/Nem/Nir/Nirs/Nemself
They/Them/Theirs/Themselves

Not really set in stone...still confused

If you need me, please look for me here:
https://discord.gg/bRwhnFz

Postby Cloudy » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:32 am

For everyone who's posted an interest for this RP, I'll ping you/send a PM when we're ready to start after I finish writing the prompt

Postby NerdyAliCat » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:55 am

I'd be up for it. I'll work on my character later

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:40 am

ImageImage
Thanks Yorunaka! - Thanks Valentine Strange!

Postby Cloudy » Tue May 23, 2017 2:48 pm

Yesss ok, so updates!

since school's out, I've had some time to think about the plot/prompt a bit. I'll post it in a separate thread and PM everyone when it's ready.

If you want to, everyone can start creating their characters now and post it on a thread I'll put up later. Or, you can wait until the prompt has been set and posted, and then create a character based on that.

It's almost ready, I promise :0

Postby Watery Star » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:21 pm

I forgot about this. >.<; I'll be sure to be active and look out for your PM.

Postby Cloudy » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:14 pm

*slowly rises from my disturbed grave*

Aha! I'm back and not exactly better than ever, but I could be worse!!
Just tweaking some plot things and figuring out other stuff, but the thread will be up soon!

The Selfy Lab Tutorial is almost done and will be posted in the appropriate forum (which I'll find eventually). No worries, I'll link it back here and PM everyone a link, too.

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:20 pm

Take your time

Postby Cloudy » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:00 pm

Hooray! Here's the Selfy Lab Tutorial for everyone!

The plot will come either later tonight or tomorrow(?)... It'll come eventually, aha.

Return to The Pub