New here? Introduce yourself!

I'm a shy little potato

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: I'm a shy little potato

Postby okios » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:12 pm

Welcome to Windlyn, Ali! It's super awesome you got to visit Tokyo! It's such a compact and exciting place! > w<
Ahh I haven't listened to vocaloid in a looong while. The last time I did was when they released the Korean vocaloid SeeU. *checks* ..which was 5 years ago omggg where has the time gone. OTL What's your favorite vocaloid song?
And thanks for the tomodachi request!! ;7;<333

Local time: Wed Jun 26, 2024 1:48 am

https://i.imgur.com/paQOna3.png?1http://i.imgur.com/2Ka0iwp.png

Postby NerdyAliCat » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:59 pm

Thanks! >w<
I definitely recommend Japan as a holiday. Its a great place even if you don't like anime. I love learning about the culture while i'm there.
I like SeeU. She's cool.
Some of my favourite songs would have to be: Senbonzakura (One Thousand Cherry Trees), Musunde hiraite rasetsu to mukuro (Close and Open, Demons and The Dead) and Kochira, Koufuku Anshin Iinkai desu (This is The Happiness and Peace of Mind Committee). They aren't very well known songs but i like them.
Five years ago.... I hadn't even heard of Vocaloid or anime..... That was ages ago! What dark, dark times they were.
Your favourite songs?

Thank you for accepting my tomodachi request! :3

Local time: Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:48 pm

ImageImage
Thanks Yorunaka! - Thanks Valentine Strange!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:23 pm

If I ever get to Japan I'd like to see a Japanese tea ceremony irl. There cultural museums look like they'd be cool to go to as well.

Local time: Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:48 am

Postby NerdyAliCat » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:24 am

I'd love to go to a tea ceremony! But today I went to the Ueno zoo! I loved seeing the ring tailed lemurs, red pandas, tigers, giant pandas, otters and I saw a Pallas cat! It was soooo cute!!! I wanted to hug half of the animals there even though they would probably bite my face off. Yesterday I went shopping and bought lots of anime stuff. Tomorrow I'm going to Odaiba.

Postby galled » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:49 am

Pictures!!! ...please?... :)

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:44 pm

sounds like you are having fun, if you can't get it all in this trip you can put it on the list for next time!

Postby NerdyAliCat » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:14 am

I went to Odiaba today! I went to the Gundam museum! It was amazing considering I am a huge Gundam fan. I saw the life size Gundam and a 3D show. Next holiday though, I might be going back to Italy to visit relatives.
I'd love to share pictures but I'm not sure how. I will try and work something out when I put all of the photos from my camera onto my laptop. Tomorrow I'm going to Shinjuku and I'm going to go back to my favourite cat cafe. And please don't ask me if I'm going to take my cat there! Because Tokyo is a very large city not many people have the time of space to keep a pet cat, they can go to a cat cafe and hang out with the cats there. You can buy a drink and its recomeded to buy cat treats for the cats, without the cat treats these cats don't even notice you exist >w<

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:23 pm

what a wonderful idea, I wonder how a cat cafe that actually has cats to play with would go over here in the US...sounds actually fun...was it in the Charlie Bone series that they had a pet cafe where you actually took your pets? I wonder why someone hasn't thought of those things for here?

I would love to see a life size Gundam! Glad you are having fun and getting to see some intriguing places, unique experiences.

Postby NerdyAliCat » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:12 pm

Recently a cat cafe opened in Western Australia (Where I live) but I much prefer a Japanese cat cafe.
Do you know Gundam? If so what is your favourite Gundam? I'm totally obsessed with the Gunpla models >w< they are so fun to build and collect. I have over 20 Gunpla models in my room that me and my dad have built. I think we have a slight problem....

Today I will be meeting up with my Japanese student!!! I can't wait to see her again!

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:56 pm

I used to be weirdly obsessive over Hetalia but now it's all Attack on Titan. I also like Black Butler and Pokemon. I don't watch many animes because I'm super picky about it.

Local time: Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:48 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:26 pm

How was the reunion? Where else did you go?

Postby NerdyAliCat » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:41 am

I'm starting to get more into Attack On Titan now that the game has come out. My school just recently got a few of the AOT Junior High books and they are so cute!

We had a great time! We met up with my student and her family and we had lunch with them. Then we went to Harajuku and we went into a cool Japanese photo booth! We had watame (Fairy Floss) and it looked like giant rainbow poop on a stick. Then we went to a nearby shrine and payed our respects. We saw a traditional Japanese wedding take place! We had a lot of fun and agreed to stay in contact.

Now i'm home. I had a great time! Definitely recommend Japan as a holiday for anyone that likes anime, video games, good food and lots of tradition!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:50 pm

sounds like the fairy floss melted... nice to see a Japanese wedding - was it a traditional style with the kimono's?

Postby NerdyAliCat » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:46 am

The fairly floss didn't melt, it had actually just started to rain when we ate it. Bipolar weather in Japan.
Yes they were wearing kimonos! So pretty!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:31 pm

so many wonderful experiences for you to think on, hope you have settled back in and don't have any jet lag.

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome Wagon