New here? Introduce yourself!

A Wild Newbie Has Appeared!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: A Wild Newbie Has Appeared!

Postby Ka Lai » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:26 pm

Sanchicho

Oh, so when someone pings me I get a PM? That's pretty nifty, though I guess for the more active members it m ust fill up their inbox pretty fast. owo;;

Mousy

Haha, based on that description, I'd say it's a St Patty's event too! That's good to know. I like those kind of items. owo;;

Turtle Sensei
Hahaha, that was really nice of the Zatarni people to advertise. I always though avatar sites were all about the conflic, since whenever I make messages that mention other avatar sites, I seem to get warnings on Ernya now. So.. I guess things have changed. :|

---

@ Everyone

How is the economy here? How easy is it to get past items? owo;; I really like the community so far, but
I'm a collector on most sites, so the ability to collect all past items is going to seriously affect my staying/leaving decision.

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 9:17 am

Postby Mika » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:44 pm

Well we are still small here... So its not the easiest finding what few past events items we do have. I know we had a Halloween event which I wasn't here for, Christmas event which I was here for and a valentines event. And we had some new years user made items. Its not always easy to find a seller and sometimes the prices aren't too reasonable considering how cheap they were when they came out. But sometimes you can find someone selling them and some selling them at a good price. I myself collected a few pairs or certain things when I had the funds so I can help sell them out. So if you ever want to buy something, there is a decent chance that I have event items from when I've been here.

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:17 pm

"Your name, frozen on my lips
Icecicles pierce my heart
Now I wait, to send out my wish
To find you where ever you are"

Postby Ka Lai » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:44 pm

Mika

I suspect it's a lot like Sapherna... and yeah, I'd probably be interested in buying a bunch of the christmas/valentines/ny items if you have them. Though obviously not at the moment since I just started and I'm insanely broke. xD

Is there some kind of price guide? owo;

Also, I wonder if I can only make one ping per post? I don't think I typed out the names incorrectly, but only you got pinged. Do you guys have a double posting rule? owo;;

Postby Mika » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:54 pm

Yeah you can only ping once per post from what I've seen. And we do have a posting rule. You can get away with double posting every now and then, but definitely no triple posting, unless its like maybe an art dump or some such where its mainly only where you post every once in a while.

But we aren't as inflated here as Sapherna. Or at least, I know my prices aren't. I mainly want to sell extra sets so I can buy other event sets later to resell, repeat and repeat lol. When I was on Sapherna, even when it was still young, the prices on items were crazy.... And there isnt even a set amount on when you post. At least here you are guaranteed the feathers depending on where you post. And when the events so happen you can afford the items and you don't have to specifically post somewhere to receive a set of items. You can post anywhere, earn the feathers and buy them. The only expensive items here so far are when they make the backgrounds. Diana says its expensive to travel xD.
But no, we don't have a price guide yet. Since there aren't too many sellers its kind of hard to truly make a price guide.

Postby Ka Lai » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:01 pm

Mika
Ahhhh, that's a little annoying. I can understand the no triple posting rule ordinarily, but it does bother me that I can't ping everyone who talked to me before, so had I not know about the rule, I would've liked to make individual posts to them so that they could receive my ping backs. -___-;;

And yes, I do think Sapherna has super inflated prices, but then again, it's much easier to make currency there. Which is something I complained about on my first day there. The forest just generates mass lurking and inflation. They don't do the "specific posting location" for the events anymore, though. You can post anywhere there and get event currenc, which I've been told is a recent development.

Is there a listing of all the past event items? I'd like to see which items I want to prioritise, but I don't know how to preview them. owo;; Also, could you link me to your shop? :)

Who is Diana?

Postby Mika » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:10 pm

You'd be surprised, but quite a bit of people rarely use the ping system. Lol.

That's right.... They had finally gotten the forest running... But still... You had to type a crap load just to get the full twenty thingamagics. I used to type quite a bit in my posts but it still didn't get me far... Even then though I do think I recall people saying that the event prices with the currency was a bit much? Or did they change that since people weren't happy? I know when quite a few of us left, the posting had dwindled a bit since most of the main posters just vanished.

Hmmm there is a thread here somewhere.... Its called The Lazarus: an Item guide. Let me see if I can find it.
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=242

And here is a link to my shop.
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=592

And Diana is one of the admins who made Windlyn possible you silly.

Postby Ka Lai » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:14 pm

Ah, really? So I don't really need to ping people? I feel so spoiled in a world full of technology where instantaneous notification has been made the norm. It seems like it will be an interesting experience.

I actually think they've updated it to make it easier to earn more per post. owo; And they've made it super easy to get event currency. For instance, in the recent Valentines event, you got 3 currency no matter where you posted from. And it only took 180 currency (or 60 posts) to get the entire set. So naturally, I have 23 of them, since the word games forum is the only active forum. OTL I do think they have started listening to their users more... but I can't help but think it's not enough. xD;;

Thank you for the links! I'll be checking them out shortly.

And ooh, thanks for the info. I don't usually read info on staff or admins, because I feel like I'll meet them sooner or later. :)

Postby Mika » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:43 pm

Not necessarily. Most people tend to lurk in threads regardless of pings anyways lol.
Oh wow.... The word games forum is what is the most active? Geez.... The hangouts was the popular forum when we were there.... That's pretty darn sad. Its also sad that the games forum gives out the same amount of event currency....
You're welcome.
Lol. Well if it helps Diana and Lime are the admins and their names are purple. Sanchicho, Zombie Bunny and Ryvvi are Mods and their names are the blue shade.

Postby Ka Lai » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:46 pm

Yeah... well, during events, they are the most popular, anyway. Since you can get an easy 3 currency for the items. So I finished my event set in like.. what... an hour? When there aren't events, it's hard to get people motivated to post at all, but it's usually hangouts/minishops/exchange/quests. But the site is verrrrry slow most days.

And thanks! The colours do help. Initially I was so freaked out because my username was green, and wasn't sure what that meant. I guess because I'd only made one post/newbie.

Postby Ryvvi » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:57 pm

Hey Ka Lai! welcome to Windlyn :)
We have a guide on pings and coding over here: http://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=527

You can have multiple pings per post, I believe the issue was you didn't have a space before the "@" sign, as well as pinging is caps sensitive. :) Hope that helped!

Also in regards to double posting we ask that you try and limit doing so as a courtesy to other users. :)

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby Ka Lai » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:05 pm

Ryvvi

I read the guide but it didn't explain why my ping to Mousy above didn't work, as I believe I have spelt her name correctly. I thought if I removed my ping to Sanchicho, it would work, but that was not the case. xD

Postby Ryvvi » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:11 pm

You did manage to spell her name correctly! :D
The reason it didn't work is that there needs to be a space put before the "@" sign so <space><@><Username> :)

Postby Ka Lai » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:20 pm

Oh, I see! Thanks for letting me know! I fixed up the pings. owo;;

It's a bit of a fiddly system. xD;

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:41 pm

welcome back! You were very fortunate to receive Lord Scooter the trusty dog. He was a very special 250 member land mark gift and was never available to purchase.

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 3:17 pm

Postby Ryvvi » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:49 pm

No worries glad i could help ^_^

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome Wagon