New here? Introduce yourself!

*shakes hand vigorously*

Moderator: Ryvvi

*shakes hand vigorously*

Postby Balcan » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:15 pm

Hello. I'm Mihailo. I'm 20 and I make beef burgers as a slave. I really like avatar communities because of all the interesting people I meet and because I still like to play dress-up with the avatars. Obviously I don't have many items yet.

Nice to meet you all.

Local time: Tue Jun 04, 2024 4:37 pm

Re: *shakes hand vigorously*

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:31 pm

Welcome Mihailo! Your name sounds Hawaiian - as in Mahalo. We have a very friendly community. How did you find our cute site? Do you actually form the beef patties or do you cook them? You are welcome to post in any of my threads- some of them I give out prizes/feathers. It doesn't take you long to earn feathers (or you can buy wing currency) and the Lazarus shop items change October 1st, so I suggest you get any of those items first, before they are gone.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:04 pm

Welcome to Windlyn!

Local time: Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:37 pm

Postby Balcan » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:49 pm

Lemon Cheesecake: my name is Serbian. Some people in America call me Michael. My friend turned me onto this site - you may know her as I Shall Engrave. I usually just cook the beef but I have made them in the past. I've worked with fast food when I was a part time student. I'll be sure to check out your threads.

MonkeyGirl18: thanks!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:58 pm

I am so glad you already have a friend on the site - it makes it that much more endearing...I hope I didn't offend you thinking your name sounded Hawaiian... I love everything Hawaiian. I haven't really known anyone from Serbia, maybe you can share things about the culture there. What name would you prefer to go by?

Postby Balcan » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:04 pm

Lemon Cheesecake: I know her personally. And no offense taken at all. My parents are actually Russian but I do have Serbian roots somewhere. I speak some Russian but I don't know Serbian at all. I like to go by Mihailo but I'm not too picky about that.

Postby Sanchicho » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:18 pm

Hello Mihailo, welcome to Windlyn!
I hope you will like it here.
I'm sure you'll get lots of feathers for items in no time.

Postby galled » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:24 pm

Welcome! I love hambergers! I know they're bad for you, but you just gotta have one sometimes! :)

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:32 pm

Mihailo: do you carry on any of the cultural traditions in your family?

Postby Silverfire » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:04 pm

Hi there~

Local time: Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:37 pm

Postby Balcan » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:51 am

Sanchicho: thank you :) I've found its pretty easy to earn feathers.

galled: I try to keep it relatively healthy. I make burgers for money, not so much for myself to eat.

Lemon Cheesecake: we speak Russian at home and eat traditional Russian food. That's about all.

silverfire: hey, nice to meet you

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:53 pm

My great grandparents were born in the Ukraine - I love the perogies, borscht and cabbage rolls.

Postby Balcan » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:17 am

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:My great grandparents were born in the Ukraine - I love the perogies, borscht and cabbage rolls.

I have distant relatives in Ukraine. I was never crazy about borscht, but my family likes it so I prepare it for them once in a while. It's not that easy to make, but it also doesn't follow a specific recipe. There are many ways to make it and it can be eaten hot or cold (I prefer it hot).

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:19 am

That's great you like to cook.... I prefer my borscht hot as well and I make it with hamburger and beets mainly, but I don't make it very often. Although we tend to lump Russians into one big group, there are actually many different cultures - I suppose that is why the country has divided into so many segments now, fighting to be their own individual countries instead of States.

Return to Welcome Wagon