New here? Introduce yourself!

Hello

Moderator: Ryvvi

Hello

Postby star2000shadow » Thu May 05, 2016 1:29 am

Hello I'm Star, I joined the site via Menewsha where some friends had mentioned it, and so far I have to say I'm increadibly impressed.. and yes Im in love with the little smilies their so cute.. :cheer:
I like to Read a lot, I watch a lot of movies, and cooking shows via netflix, I am currently working on a Scarf, Im crocheting it..I write poetry and Novels, haven't done that in a while but I'm trying to get back to it, and I play a lot of avatar sites. this being my newest one joined.

Local time: Fri May 31, 2024 11:32 pm

Re: Hello

Postby Diana » Thu May 05, 2016 8:46 am

Hi there! Welcome to Windlyn!

I really like to crochet as well! If you are up to sharing, I would love to see your scarf (in progress and/or when you are finished).

I am glad you like the site so far! If you have any questions or need anything, feel free to pm either a moderator, or me, or post in the help/support forum.

See you around!

Site Admin

Postby galled » Thu May 05, 2016 8:51 am

Welcome to Windyln! I'm a big movie fan. I like all genres--some more than others, but I'd say Adventure movies are my favorite and horror my least favorite. What kind of movies do you like?

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu May 05, 2016 10:19 am

Welcome!

I also crochet and I'm making a blanket which is 2/3 of the way done. And I like to write and watch cooking shows on Netflix, lol.

Local time: Sat Jun 01, 2024 1:32 am

Postby star2000shadow » Thu May 05, 2016 12:52 pm

Diana wrote:Hi there! Welcome to Windlyn!

I really like to crochet as well! If you are up to sharing, I would love to see your scarf (in progress and/or when you are finished).

I am glad you like the site so far! If you have any questions or need anything, feel free to pm either a moderator, or me, or post in the help/support forum.

See you around!

It'll take me a few months..Im extremely slow.. I'll be lucky if i have it for winter.

galled wrote:Welcome to Windyln! I'm a big movie fan. I like all genres--some more than others, but I'd say Adventure movies are my favorite and horror my least favorite. What kind of movies do you like?

I like Supernaturel, horror, adventure .. like Charmed, Xena, Full house ...to name a few.

MonkeyGirl18 wrote:Welcome!

I also crochet and I'm making a blanket which is 2/3 of the way done. And I like to write and watch cooking shows on Netflix, lol.

Im at the very begining of the scarf I'm doing for a friend..and I love watching cooking shows im currently watching Cutthroat kitchen..

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu May 05, 2016 4:12 pm

welcome to Windlyn! Check out the yard sale threads for past items. Monkeygirl has a shut up and take my money lottery going on right now for FREE items or a chance to get wings with butterflies. I also give out past items, if I can,instead of feathers for my dice roll game threads, just let me know what you see that you may want.

I like to crochet, more for enjoyment then actually being good at it.

We are a pretty friendly community so drop into anyone's threads and post and someone will converse with you.

Postby star2000shadow » Thu May 05, 2016 7:01 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:welcome to Windlyn! Check out the yard sale threads for past items. Monkeygirl has a shut up and take my money lottery going on right now for FREE items or a chance to get wings with butterflies. I also give out past items, if I can,instead of feathers for my dice roll game threads, just let me know what you see that you may want.

I like to crochet, more for enjoyment then actually being good at it.

We are a pretty friendly community so drop into anyone's threads and post and someone will converse with you.

I will be sure and do so, thank you. Im not that good ethir.. my mom now she was good. she oculd do dolls and blankets and clothing..

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu May 05, 2016 11:21 pm

My Mum crocheted doll clothes and knitted slippers and such. She hasn't for awhile now though. I can make a blanket if I took the time to finish the ones I started!

Lots of us like talking about food on here so you will have to share some of your cooking stories.

Postby star2000shadow » Fri May 06, 2016 1:58 am

haha I shall have to try 'nods' Im not a really good cook but i do like experimenting.. and star's been slowly updateing her questie thread though she paused yesterday to go to bed 'nods'

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat May 07, 2016 11:18 am

so, I just realized you said your mom "was", is she not able to physically anymore (as in the case with my mum) or is she no longer here (as in the case with my grandma who taught me to crochet)? - if you don't mind me asking, if its a sensitive topic I apologize.

Postby star2000shadow » Sat May 07, 2016 1:58 pm

My mom passed away from an infection two years ago now. just before Christmas. well not just before but it was a week away.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat May 07, 2016 4:22 pm

I am sorry for your loss, it sounds like it was pretty serious if it was untreatable. Scary that we still don't have the medical technology to cure infections.

My Dad died when I was 6 in a car accident. I think it is partly why I get anxious driving. My step Dad has been good to us though and I look at him as my dad now. I lost all my grandparents but I was glad my one grandma taught me many things and spurred and interest for crafts and gardening and cooking in me.

Postby Ryvvi » Sun May 08, 2016 5:22 am

Hey welcome to windlyn! I'm one of the mods so if you ever need help feel free to ask :)
What kind of books do you read?

Local time: Sat Jun 01, 2024 5:32 pm

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby star2000shadow » Sun May 08, 2016 6:09 am

Ryvvi wrote:Hey welcome to windlyn! I'm one of the mods so if you ever need help feel free to ask :)
What kind of books do you read?

lets see Anita blake vampire hunter books, um Mercedes Lackey's Vladimar series.. i especially like her first three, on Vanyel he's my favorite of her characters..i like books where the princess saves herself, or saves the prince, haha, um.. 'frowns' i like a mixture of books from horror to mystery to fantasy..

Postby XoGIZMOoX » Thu May 12, 2016 9:43 pm

Hey hey I know you :D Did you see my menewsha post ~giggles~

Local time: Fri May 31, 2024 10:32 pm

:heart:COME VISIT MY PETS PLEASE :heart: http://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/pets.php?userid=646ImageImageImage [img]http://i.imgur.com/p30InEq?r.gif[/img

Next

Return to Welcome Wagon