New here? Introduce yourself!

Newbie Incoming

Moderator: Ryvvi

Newbie Incoming

Postby Illunius » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:50 pm

Hey guys! It's nice to meet you all. I'm Illunius and as you could guess I'm new to Windlyn. Sadly I happened upon this site while looking for any new updates from Skye to find out it had been halted indefinitely. :cry: Them's the breaks but oh well; nothing to do but move on.

Here's a little about me:

I'm 24 years old and love anime/manga, art, videogames, mythology, and fantasy/historical fiction/mystery/horror novels. My fav game series would have to be Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, and Guild Wars. There are too many anime/manga that I've read/watched to list or remember though if you ask I about a manga/anime I could probably tell you if I've seen it or not. As for mythology... well... I have a big book on it and I just love hearing about all different kinds of mythology. Not much I can say about that but if you have any interesting things to say/ you know I'd love to hear about it :smile:

I hope to find friends and a place to stay here in Windlyn :grin: So I hope to see you all around!

Local time: Mon May 13, 2024 9:20 am

Re: Newbie Incoming

Postby galled » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:47 pm

Welcome to Windyln!

A few Skye refugees have landed here recently and have set up house, so perhaps you'll see a few familiar names.

I'm a fan of mythology too. I find learning about the origins is extremely interesting. We're at the tail end of our Mystery Detective event, but it sounds like it's the kind of event you'd enjoy! I really like trying to figure things out based on clues. :)

Hope you feel at home here. We have a super friendly community and it seems we share most of the same interests. Cheers!

Server Administrator

Local time: Mon May 13, 2024 6:20 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Illunius » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:37 pm

galled
Thanks for the welcome ^_^

Yeah origin myths can be really interesting. Some of them are fairly similar too; usually having to do with the world being created by parts of a divine being's body or the like.

I'll look into the event. I'm just trying to get a feel for the site first >.<

Postby galled » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:50 pm

Origin myths are interesting for sure (and the similarities all point to a commonancestory), but I meant the origins of myths (what and or where they trace back to) because I feel they point to what might have been happening at the time and sometimes may even give us a glimpse of what their thoughts needs were. Then the ones that have mysterious origins are also quite interesting to me because I wonder what may have triggered them (that mystery thing again I suppose!). :)

The event is really simple: Just click on a pengwing if you see one during your Windlyn travels! You'll usually get an item or feathers.

Server Administrator

Postby Illunius » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:25 pm

galled
Oh! Yeah, I think all myths come about from something that was or had happened in the past. Even some biblical stories are probably half truths like say the great flood that God caused; that could have happened on say a smaller scale where an actual huge flood happened in a large enough area or even a place like the Garden of Eden existing (not exactly the same as described but you know, somewhat similar). Even plants and the like in mythology could have existed way in the past... well within reason anyways; but who knows? There are still lots of things we don't know about the past and about how old the earth really is.

Ah! I see. So that's what that penguin was for XD I got this adorable penguin thing from one pupping up.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:52 pm

well hello and welcome to Windlyn...glad you were able to find us. Galled is right, it sounds like you have very similar interests as many of our Windlyn members...Pokemon...dragons...fantasy games...mythology....

Posting or the games is the major way to earn your feather currency. Akuyi has an active newbie give away thread for past items and Monkeygirl18 and myself have dice roll game threads where you can win feathers or items sometimes. Check out the game forum.

Pengwings are adorable - they are probably my favorite "pet" although after meeting the Lady Pengwing and her guests during the event, I believe the pengwings can be very sophisticated too.

Postby Illunius » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:59 pm

Lemon Cheesecake
Thanks for the welcome ^_^
Yeah, I figured posting is a staple for any avi site. Do you know any good hangouts/ gathering places that are good/friendly?

Do they have info on the Pengwings anywhere? You got me curious about them now.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:26 pm

well, I am afraid I embellish the details we get regarding the Lore of Windlyn ( check out that forum) and when the Pengwings came along during an event they took on a life of their own. You will find we like to be creative, and abeit sometimes silly -especially myself- here on Windlyn. The first pengwings were simple and then we got pengwings with outfits on and now a whole mystery event with the pengwings. My dream is to one day have avatar pengwings <sigh>

We actually have some animals ( beside the pengwings), a wolf, Lord Scooter the dog, qulltipufts (birds), a mysterious dragon looking egg, gold fish...hmmm I think that is all so far...

Windlyn is a mysterious land we are still discovering. Each event reveals a little more of the lore and magic of Windlyn.
I have played games/events on other sites but this is the only one I chat on.

Postby Illunius » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:32 pm

lol I think everyone does that to a certain degree (embellish things). Penguins really are cute though I'm partial to sheep (cause I'm year of the ram/sheep).

Postby galled » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:55 pm

I also believe most religious stories (it seems most stories that have survived from ancient times are religion-based) are based on some fact/event. But like the game telephone, stories change when people relate them to another and another. What's interesting is how common many of these stories are (which points to common ancestry). I think we're all more related than not really on a universal scale. When l think about words in common in nearly all cultures even today (like "ma" or slight variations for mother) I can't help but think it's must be more than coincidence.

Server Administrator

Postby Illunius » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:00 pm

True enough. I forget where but I do recall once hearing that humans really did originate from the same place at one point than split for some reason.

Postby Polaris » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:03 pm

Woah! Welcome to Windlynn!

I joined the site just a couple days ago, but it's been really fun so far! I see that you've also come here from Skye. Sad that the site halted production indefinitely, but in the mean time you can have some fun here o w o

There's an even going on right now where we have to find pengwings to get clues in order to solve a mystery (you can find an item in your inventory each time you find and click on a penguin). The items are really cool, especially the ones in the The Lazarus in the shop so get them while you can! Oh! There are also some cool newbie charities and giveaways you can check out. They've helped me out during my first couple of days, so I really recommend checking them.

Ah, I also hear that Pokemon is one of your favorite games. Do you have a particular favorite pokemon, region, or game? Have you downloaded and played Pokemon Go yet, and if you have then how's it working for you?

Again, welcome to Windlyn! ^ u ^

Quest Thread

"Smile at me when you see this flower later..."

Image(click for artist)

Postby Illunius » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:25 pm

TY for the welcome Polaris ^_^

Yup I've heard about the event and I've been collecting the penguin items. Trying to earn more feathers atm for the store items though.

Hmm... I like a lot of different pokemon for different reasons so I don't have 1 all time fav but Ghost and Dark pokemon are my top 2 fav types. Don't have a fav region but my fav game(s) in terms of story so far would have to be Black/White and Black/White 2. Ghetsis is my fav villain... I mean... I HATE him and what he did to N but... he's such a good villain T^T

As for Pokemon Go... I'm from Canada so we don't have it just yet.

Postby Cloudy » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:43 pm

Hey there, welcome to Windlyn! Hope ya enjoy your stay here c:
It's a really cool site with a really cool variety of stuff and really cool people, so I have no doubt you'll enjoy your time here.

Do you have a favorite myth or type of mythology? (as in Greek, Celtic, Japanese, etc.)

Check these out!
VOCALOID Cosplay & Chat

Stay chill

Postby Illunius » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:53 pm

hmm... my fav would probably have to be a tie between Chinese and Norse mythology... on a side note... Loki is a dick... and Zeus from greek mythology is a man whore... and has a thing for turning into animals while.... yeah... not gonna get into that... which reminds me that that most of the greek gods/goddesses are dicks...

Next

Return to Welcome Wagon