New here? Introduce yourself!

I'm a shy little potato

Moderator: Ryvvi

I'm a shy little potato

Postby NerdyAliCat » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:12 pm

Hello. I'm not quite sure what to say..... but I am new here so I guess I should introduce myself.
My name is Ali but I go by NerdyAliCat.
I love anime and manga and I love Roleplaying and I'm a video game freak. I love all things Japanese and I've visited Tokyo once! Can't wait to go back again later this month >w<
I play bass guitar and I love music. Big fan of Nightcore and Vocaloid.
I'm still in highschool and I live in Australia, so that's why I'm online at weird times.
I hope I can make some friends on this site! I'm still getting used to it.

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 11:16 pm

ImageImage
Thanks Yorunaka! - Thanks Valentine Strange!

Re: I'm a shy little potato

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:46 pm

Welcome Ali to Windlyn, Ali. We have a few people from other countries and a couple from Australia, including our dear mod Ryvvi!
We are a friendly little site and will be happy to chat. Don't forget to check out Akuyi's thread for free items for newbies and Monkeygirl18 and I have dice game threads where you can win feathers so you are welcome to post (and even chat) in mine.I also have some other game threads I revive for chances to win feathers.
Is purple one of your favorite colours? How long have you played bass guitar? When you go back to Tokyo is there something specific you are going to check out?

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 8:16 am

Postby NerdyAliCat » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:01 pm

Thanks! I couldn't quite work out how to play the dice game but i'll definitely give it a go later.
My favourite colour is purple. I also like the colours black, blue and green.
I've been playing my bass guitar for just over two years now but i don't play on a regular basis because YouTube and anime have taken over my life.
When i go back to Japan i'm going to visit my japanese friend that visited Australia and my school through a school program but my trip is with my dad, not my school, so we are going to visit her and since i got sick last time i went, we are going to do a lot more things. Definitely shopping for anime merch and i'm going to get a cosplay! I haven't quite decided what costume i'm going to get but i am leaning towards Hatsune Miku. We are going back to Akihabara and Odaiba (Both are in/near Tokyo) and those are the best places to get anime and electronic stuff. We are also going to Shibuya and i'm going to visit another cat cafe! I can't wait to go back

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:22 pm

I am sorry you were sick your first trip to Japan but it sounds like you have some fun stuff planned for this next time. I would love to go to Japan one day. I love watching the "site seeing shows" on the NHK Japanese channel, there is definitely lots to see/do there. It would be so fun to do an exchange program and live with a Japanese family. So nice you made friends with your school exchange student.

We have some very pretty shades of purple items on Windlyn.

For the dice game threads: If you click on the "full editor" button (instead of quick reply)and then when the new box for posting appears, click on the word "dice" on the top right. It will have the words dice dice populate, appear in your posting box, and just type in "5d6", between the dice words, for my sky is falling daily game roll, or for Monkeygirls 5 dice game thread, and in my pillow fight thread type in 3d6 between the dice words. It won't take you long to get the hang of it. :cheer:

Oh...and I LOVE the pengwings on Windlyn :pengwing: :pengwing: :pengwing:

Postby Polaris » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:51 pm

Welcome to Windlyn!!

Ahh, my so jealous. I've only been to Japan once, which was back when I was a weensy (not teensy, trust me) 10 y/o (and also hardcore weeaboo). The doughnut game and spelling bee in the game room are a really good way to accumulate feathers, so give those games a shot. As Lemon mentioned before, there are newbie threads where you can get some free items and dice game threads (which I'm addicted to) where you can win some feathers.

It's been a couple years since I last listened to Vocaloid, but I remember I was obsessed with Mothy-P and his Evilious Chronicles series (I even made a little journal which tied all the songs and theories together). I remember when the Miku & Kagamine Appends came out oh my gosh, there was so much hype on the designs and when the rest of the Crypton Vocaloids would get their upgrades.
Do you have a favorite vocaloid song or vocaloid? Do you like anything similar to Vocaloid, like maybe dance pop, jpop, or kpop?

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 11:16 am

Quest Thread

"Smile at me when you see this flower later..."

Image(click for artist)

Postby NerdyAliCat » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:24 pm

I love the NHK channel >w< It's one of the only tv channels i'll actually watch on tv.
Me and my exchange student email each other all the time. I'd like to say we are sort of close, while also being far away.
I have my eyes on a few purple items but i need to save up a few more feathers before i want to spend them all.
Thanks for explaining the dice game for me! I'll give it a try.
And the penguins are very cute >w<

I think i'm addicted to the donut game ^w^and i'll give the dice game a try *^*
It would definitely be worth going back to japan and going to Akihabara (If you still have a bit of weeaboo in you)
I love all vocaloid songs but a few favourites would be: Senbonzakura (One Thousand Cherry Trees), Musunde hiraite rasetsu to mukuro (Close and Open, Demons and The Dead) and Kochira, Koufuku Anshin Iinkai desu (This is The Happiness and Peace of Mind Committee). In my room i have a whole shelf dedicated to Miku figurines >w< I'm a bit obsessed. I don't mind J-pop. Recently i've been listening to a J-pop group called Ars Magna (They do cover songs and dance to vocaloid songs) because a friend introduced me to them. My best friend's older sister is obsessed with K-pop but i'm not that big of a fan

Postby galled » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:47 pm

Welcome to WIndlyn "shy potato"! (Reminds me of the B-52's song PRIVATE IDAHO.) :)

I love NHK too! I wish other countries would do national/cultural channels like NHK. I learn so much about Japan and it's entertaining too. Which shows do you watch? I like several of them (in no particular order) Kawaii International, Tokyo Eye, Supreme Skills, Science View, Great Gear, Japanology, Artisan Vs Designer, Design Talks, and the documentaries are really eye openers too!

I'm sure you'll find a lot of friends here. Hope you enjoy your time here!

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Akuyi » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:32 pm

Yaaay you made a thread! Welcome again from me, too! :heart:

I'm so jealous of you for having visited Japan already. I wanna go there someday, too! :strain:

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 4:16 pm

Questing with my trusty steed Oculus in the lands of Vee-Ar.

Postby Mousy » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:08 pm

potato is best food. :D

Welcome!

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 9:16 am

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby NerdyAliCat » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:39 pm

I really like Kawaii International and Tokyo Eye also.

Thanks everyone for welcoming me to Windlyn! You are all making me feel so welcome >w<

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:03 pm

so happy you are settling in...don't forget to visit the game room and start building your feathers because there's always new items on the horizon....

I got my picture taken with Melody, from Kawaii international, at anime expo a couple years ago - she is so friendly and so sweet!

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:40 am

Welcome to Windlyn!

What are some of your favorite anime/manga?

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 10:16 am

Postby NerdyAliCat » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:14 pm

I have lots but a few would have to be: Pokemon, Hetalia, LoveLive!, Attack On Titan, Gundam, Black Butler, Log Horizon, Knights of Sidonia, Gurren Lagann, No Game No Life, is This A Zombie, Sankarea and Mirai Nikki

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:06 pm

your Japan trip is coming up soon! Are you all packed yet?

Postby NerdyAliCat » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:57 pm

Nope. I'll get around to it today sometime though. But all of Jacksepticeye's new videos are distracting me >w<

Next

Return to Welcome Wagon