New here? Introduce yourself!

New semi-lurker! :D

Moderator: Ryvvi

New semi-lurker! :D

Postby Nemi » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:51 pm

Hiya! I'm Nemi. I've been doing avatar forums for a long time, mostly GaiaOnline, where I was known as AkaiRingo. I also post on Caedon off and on. It'll probably be like that here, too, tbh, as I tend to lurk more than post. I have trouble getting stuck into threads and I don't often create my own unless it's to sell art or items. ^_^;;

I play lots of video games. Mostly WoW, but I started on FF15 a few days ago. The combat style reminds me a lot of Kingdom Hearts, honestly. Not a bad thing, though!

I also draw. I think I'm pretty decent at it, but I don't do it enough. I really should do more. I'd be a lot better if I did... but... but... video games and anime distract me. <_<;

Anyway, nice to meet you all and I'll hopefully chat with some of you in the future!

Happy New Year! :cheer:

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 3:50 pm

Re: New semi-lurker! :D

Postby Akuyi » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:02 pm

Welcome to Rec, Nemi! And a Happy New Year to you, too! :heart:

I think your art is very pretty! I'm sure you could do well opening an art shop here!

What kind of anime do you watch?

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 12:50 am

Questing with my trusty steed Oculus in the lands of Vee-Ar.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:38 pm

Welcome to Windlyn! Did you find us by a link or did someone recommend us to you? Did Liora's social media attract us to you?

(Akuyi: where are you? :heart: )

Irl I work a full time job so I am glad for distractions! It's a friendly hometown type of community on Windlyn so don't be afraid to post in any of the threads and you are always welcome to roll the dice in any of my game threads to earn extra feathers. It's my way to help out. Check out the yard sale for past items members are selling.Monkeygirl18 also has a dice thread she opens up on and off so keep your eyes open for it.

I think Akuyi's is the only charity thread running at the moment. We just added on pets and a new daily item pool so that's cool - I know I am excited over the additions!

Also try out the Game room. I am offering 500 feathers to anyone who beats my top score on the doughnut game only.

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 4:50 pm

Postby Gingerale » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:54 pm

Welcome!

Buy the items in the Lazarus shop FIRST since they are only TEMPORARY. I get feathers by playing the game room, you get feathers for 3 plays on each of the games so it is an easy way to build some feathers, especially if you don't want to post much. And don't forget to go fishing for a free item. The fishing pond is under the game room heading.

There is also an item designing contest going on right now. Go to the art contest under the game room header and submit an item design.

Postby Akuyi » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:04 pm

I do not understand your question, Lemon! :heart:

But aye, stop by at my shop! Lots of free items, arrr!

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 12:50 am

Postby Cloudy » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:53 pm

eyo! welcome to windlyn!

this avi site is super cool and i guarantee u'll find lots of friends fast :)

just as akuyi asked, what kind of anime do u watch? do u have a preferemce in genre or is it a variety of shows?

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 7:50 pm

Check these out!
VOCALOID Cosplay & Chat

Stay chill

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:15 pm

Welcome to Windlyn!

I love your art! It's so pretty! :O

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 6:50 pm

Postby okios » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:16 pm

Welcome to Windlyn and happy new year's! You have a lovely gallery. I second the notion of opening an art shop if you're up to it! Ah, but I can relate on getting distracted with anime. (Ones related to sports are getting me so pumped as of late. * v*)

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 5:50 pm

https://i.imgur.com/paQOna3.png?1http://i.imgur.com/2Ka0iwp.png

Postby galled » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:18 pm

Welcome to Windlyn!

Server Administrator

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 4:50 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Of the Stars » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:19 am

Welcome to Windlyn!
Your art is so pretty! I'd make a request if you opened a shop.

~*~* Watery Star's mule *~*~

Postby Ashrae » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:22 am

hello and welcome to the site

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 6:50 am

Postby SamSpyroxis » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:31 pm

Hello there and welcome :3

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 5:50 pm

Please PING ME or I'll lose track of the conversation.
Image~ My DeviantArt ~Image
~ My ToyHouse/Characters ~

Postby Nemi » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:48 pm

@Akuyi: Thank you!

I love music anime (specifically any to do with singing), fantasy, certain slice of life ones, and horror anime. And then JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, which is in it's own category entirely. XD

@Lemon Cheesecake: Thank you! I found Windlyn from a link on Caedon to another forum, which had a list of various avatar websites. Can't remember that website's name though. ^_^;

Thanks for the warm welcome and the info! :heart:

@Gingerale: Thank you. :3 I gathered that those items were temporary since they seemed seasonally themed. :smile: Thanks for the fishing tip, though! :grin:

I really want to try my hand at the item designing! I hope I have time before the deadline. My mother-in-law is in town from Qatar, so she's keeping me quite busy. :cheeky:

@Cloudy: Thank you. ^_^ Well... I have to post to make friends and I often read a lot and then not post. Or... I'll go on a posting spree for about a week, then vanish for weeks on end. ^_^;; I hope I can make some friends, though! Hopefully I can find some people who'll pull me back into RPing, as well! :grin:

As for anime, I like a variety of genres/shows, but I especially like music related (specially singing or idol), fantasy, some slice of life ones, and horror.... and JoJo's. :3

@MonkeyGirl18: Thank you and thank you! I don't have my most recent things posted on DA, unfortunately. Newest art on there is over a year old. Now, I don't draw often, but I have a few things I've done since then. :3

@okios: Thanks! I'd love to open an art shop, but I am horrible at keeping up with them a lot of the time... Mostly because I have a hard time saying no to requests, even if I don't have time or I don't feel like drawing that particular request. I am the queen of art procrastination as well! XD Who knows, though? I might try to have a shop. ^_^

I've never much been into sports anime, but I do want to watch Yuri on Ice, because I love skating. One of my friends is wanting me to watch Haikyu, as well, but I haven't really felt like it. I've been working on getting through JoJo's recently. :3

@galled: Thanks! :cheer:

@Of the stars: Thank you! We'll see if I end up opening a shop. x3

@Ashrae: Thank you!

@SamSpyroxis: Thanks! :wink:

Postby Polaris » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:21 pm

AH! Another Yuri!!! on Ice fan appears! See you next level//shot orz

Welcome to Windlyn! As it was aforementioned, Windlyn is an amazing site with an amazing community and cute avi designs to match! Like okios, I, too, have gotten caught up in the sports anime craze (mainly Free!, Haikyuu!!, and Yuri!!! on Ice (they all have exclamation points wow, I just realized...)).

As for music animes, the last one I recall watching was Macross Frontier. Have you seen that one? And if so, who was your favorite character/did you have a favorite song? What are some other music animes that you like to watch?
also, apologies for the bombardment of questions

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 7:50 pm

Quest Thread

"Smile at me when you see this flower later..."

Image(click for artist)

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:37 pm

And the exclamations increase by 1 for each title too! lol.

Next

Return to Welcome Wagon