New here? Introduce yourself!

New semi-lurker! :D

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: New semi-lurker! :D

Postby okios » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:50 pm

@Nemi: I can totally relate on the discomfort of saying no! But then I think about how I'll kinda be leading them on by saying yes and then the stress of expectations, and realized ain't nobody got time for that. XD So yeah, it's completely fine to decline since it's your time at the end of the day. People here are also nice and understanding which is a plus! You do you, boo. 8)

Wow, that's awesome! Do you skate often as a hobby? Skating is such a beautiful sport! I started watching YoI because of the amazing animation from its trailer, and the OST was divine~ ; u;<3
I've been wanting to watch Haikyuu as well, but haven't yet because I'm still biased towards Kuroko's Basket haha.
Jojo is internet gold. I feel like I've watched the show just from the hilarious gifs I've stumbled upon by chance. XD

Polaris & Monkeygirl: The love also increases by 1 for each title ifyaknowwhatimean. :cool: :heart:

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 8:00 pm

https://i.imgur.com/paQOna3.png?1http://i.imgur.com/2Ka0iwp.png

Postby Akuyi » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:03 am

Nemi
Oooh, have you seen AKB0048? The story was okay-ish, but I loved all the songs they sang in that anime!
Or Nana? The story is sadly unfinished, but very good. And the songs are really beautiful and catchy.
I think I've watched a few idol, band or music/concert club animes, but if I had to name one where the music left the biggest impression, it would definitely be AKB0048 or Nana.

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 3:00 am

Questing with my trusty steed Oculus in the lands of Vee-Ar.

Postby Nemi » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:56 am

@Polaris: Well, I wouldn't call myself a YoI fan, but I do have it in my Crunchyroll queue. XD

Thanks for the welcome, btw. n_n

And music anime - I haven't seen Macross Frontier, but I've watched and loved Love Live! School Idol Project, Love Live! Sunshine, AKB0048, and, probably my all time favorite, Full Moon wo Sagashite. :3

Don't worry about all the questions. Makes me feel important. XD

@okios: Yeah, I suppose there's that. I just want to make everyone happy though... but I suppose letting them down is much worse. T_T

I haven't gone ice skating in a long time, but I do love it. I can't do any fancy tricks and I can't skate backwards, but I can skate on one foot and I often turn only using one foot. Haha ^_^; I miss skating... I mean, I must love it if I've managed to spear my shin with an ice skate blade, and fall on my face, biting through my lip (I had to swerve to avoid idiot children who were going the wrong direction during free skate), but I still want to skate. XD

Yeah, I saw so many JoJo memes and I have so many friends who like it that I thought I'd give it a try and I love it. It's hilarious!

@Akuyi: Yes! I've seen AKB0048! I really loved it! Great animation, good characters, amazing music, and the story, while not revolutionary, was interesting and enjoyable. :3

I really loved Full Moon wo Sagashite. That story, while silly at times, is just so beautiful. I cried so many times. XD;

I also love the Love Live series. They're so beautifully animated and so inspiring. :3 I've watched a slice of life choir anime before, too, but I can't remember its name. It was really well done, too.

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 6:00 pm

Postby Akuyi » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:30 am

Nemi
Hmm I think I've read some manga volumes of Full Moon wo Sagashite over 10 years ago or something... but I don't remember what it was about at all. xD

Love Live... I think I might have dropped it back then because it felt like just another CG idol dance anime. maybe I'll give it another shot.

Postby Nemi » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:25 pm

@Akuyi: It gave me warm fuzzies because of the friendship between the girls and the music is really good, too. :)

Postby Akuyi » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:05 pm

Nemi
In Fullmoon or Love Live? xD

Postby Of the Stars » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:34 am

Nemi: Keeping up with an art shop can be hard. What I've done in the past is having a limited number of slots and when people make requests they fill up the slots. I think 3 is a good number but you can have as many or as few as you want. If someone requests art from you when your slots are full tell them that they have to wait.
About not wanting to draw some things, it happens. Doing freebie art is nice because you can limit it to whatever you like and do however many you want. For a shop it's good to post on the front page what you normally like drawing and what you don't so people know up front what you're inclined to draw. If you're busy put the shop on break and don't worry about opening it back up until you're ready.

As for music related anime/manga I love Nana.

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 9:00 pm

~*~* Watery Star's mule *~*~

Postby Nemi » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:04 pm

@Akuyi: Love Live. Sorry for not being specific. :3

@Of the Stars: On Gaia, I used to open just one slot at a time, but I'd have a waiting list, which I don't think I should have had, since it just put pressure on me to finish. I'm really slow at drawing, too. ^_^;

I'd also open a bust or waist up shop and people would beg me for full bodies when I didn't feel like doing them, but I'd agree, because their offer was good, they were really nice, and/or I liked their avatar/OC. I hate saying no. T_T

Postby Watery Star » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:02 am

You have to be firm. What made me change how I approach doing avatar art is after taking several weeks maybe months to complete my list and how awful I felt taking so long. So if you think about how long it will take for you to complete everyone's art or worst, have no idea how long it could take, just think how many people would change their mind and not want it anyway. If they really want art from you and appreciate you then they will wait when you are ready.

So only a couple slots, no waiting list.
Have one shop and state what you are doing at the moment. The style and whether bust or full-body or whatever. Stay firm with what you've decided and if someone wants something you're not up to doing then tell them maybe later but repeat what you are doing(or tell them to read your rules and first page posts).

You have to respect yourself because people, even well-meaning people, will walk all over you.

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 9:00 pm

Previous

Return to Welcome Wagon